Guardians of the Galaxy What you didn't like about Guardians of the Galaxy - Flaws/Critiques

Lol Except for a couple on here losing sleep over tapes and double a's we've been joking about it really.

The tape and batteries aren't that big a deal.......the breathing in space for ten minutes while not having your eyeballs freeze solid and shatter into shards was the only thing that stretched credulity,IMO.....

Are we to assume though that Quill never went back to Earth?

The Xanderians clearly know about Earth, and he's had access to a starship for presumably years. What's stopping him from going back to pick up some double A's?

I would have thought that with the technology available it would be more like he's managed to retro fit any alternative battery/power source to the walkman.
Actually thought that was pretty obvious

I would have thought that with the technology available it would be more like he's managed to retro fit any alternative battery/power source to the walkman.
Actually thought that was pretty obvious

My god, enough with battery nonsense. The energizer bunny has been going since 1989!

bunny.gif

The tape and batteries aren't that big a deal.......the breathing in space for ten minutes while not having your eyeballs freeze solid and shatter into shards was the only thing that stretched credulity,IMO.....

it wasn't ten minutes.....it was hardly even a minute. and also that is not what happens when you are in space.

The Other who Ronan killed is prominent in the Avengers. Thanos is scene in the end credits of Avengers. The Aether and Tesseract appear in images. Obvious connections are obvious

it wasn't ten minutes.....it was hardly even a minute. and also that is not what happens when you are in space.
It was like 40 seconds max. Sit there for 40 seconds and see if it feels like it was even that long.

Is hyperbole a prerequisite for this thread?

Also NASA exposed animals to a vaccum and they survived...also there have been space missions where astronauts were temporarily exposed as well and they survived

Also NASA exposed animals to a vaccum and they survived...also there have been space missions where astronauts were temporarily exposed as well and they survived
Did the animals eyeballs freeze solid and shatter into shards?

Gunn said he consulted with physics/space guys who assured him a human could survive the same amount of time Quill spent out there. He also said the hull of Yondu's ship had regenerative properties so it helped heal him.

This should be a non-issue.

The Other who Ronan killed is prominent in the Avengers. Thanos is scene in the end credits of Avengers. The Aether and Tesseract appear in images. Obvious connections are obvious

Except, for me at least, the presence of the Tesseract and Aether weren't obvious, and the mere presence of Thanos, The Collector, and The Other weren't substantial-enough links, IMO.

Except, for me at least, the presence of the Tesseract and Aether weren't obvious, and the mere presence of Thanos, The Collector, and The Other weren't substantial-enough links, IMO.

you were probably the only person who DIDN't see them also this takes place across the galaxy from earth...what other links could they possibly have??!?!

That's one of the worst criticisms I've seen on this thread 0.o

I know what the connections were, and they weren't substantial enough for my tastes.

The film didn't need to be made by Marvel Studios for all that it stands almost entirely on its own.

When you're trying to build a cohesive universe, you really need to make sure that each film in said universe feels connected in a substantial and meaningful way, which GotG - for all that it's an excellent movie in and of itself - fails at.

Actually Gunn wanted a movie that stood on it's own yet was part of the same universe 0.o. I seriously want to know..it what legitimate...unforced....logical way could they have had connections "to your taste"?

With this being the initial outing for this team, you want to build up this side of the MCU so it can stand on its own a bit. You start sticking more and more references to the Earth-based part of the MCU and it makes the universe feel smaller, not larger, and the placements would feel a bit hamfisted in trying to fit them in. I'm pretty sure the mentioning/shots of the Aether, the Tessaract, Loki's staff, and Thanos were enough for most to see the movie was still connected to the rest of the MCU.

Loki's staff was not shown in the movie...but since it's not an infinity stone anyway that point is moot

That's one of the worst criticisms I've seen on this thread 0.o

Not if you were expecting connections that you believed weren't there.

Actually Gunn wanted a movie that stood on it's own yet was part of the same universe 0.o. I seriously want to know..it what legitimate...unforced....logical way could they have had connections "to your taste"?

A mention of the events of Thor, The Avengers, or The Dark.World, or The presence or mention of the Aether and/or Tesseract (the latter of which were apparently included but that I apparently missed).

Last edited:
Not if you were expecting connections that you believed weren't there.

A mention of the events of Thor, The Avengers, or The Dark.World, or The presence or mention of the Aether and/or Tesseract (the latter of which were apparently included but that I apparently missed).

Two characters from Avengers (Thanos and The Other) were present in the movie....but what you want is name dropping without any story driven reason apparently.....for what reason could they possibly have for mentioning Thor in the story? or The Avengers?

Two characters from Avengers (Thanos and The Other) were present in the movie....but what you want is name dropping without any story driven reason apparently.....for what reason could they possibly have for mentioning Thor in the story? or The Avengers?

The presence of The Other and The Collector, for starters.

But this discussion is pointless because it sounds like my complaint is moot anyway.

Last edited:
Their mere presence WAS the connection 0.o....

Which, for me, wasn't substantial enough, because the only way you would know that they WERE connected to previous movies is if you were being astute and especially observant.

Jeez guys, agree to disagree. It's enough for one of you, not for the other, there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"