The Dark Knight What's up with the stupid goons?

Yea, but the characters might as well be talking directly to the camera the way they conveniently say everything we need to know and add exactly nothing else. The same thing made all the conversations in Begins boring, no subtext. There's cleverer ways to get info across than just spelling everything out with the dialogue
your waaay too picky...

There would have to be a whole lot more dialogue for you to gather it though.
I could see stuff like

1"where did joker get you?"
2"upper east side, ya hear anything about him?"
1"nothin, haven't even seen him"
2"I saw him once, wears make up real weird"

it wouldn't all be able to fit in 6 mins

Yea, but the characters might as well be talking directly to the camera the way they conveniently say everything we need to know and add exactly nothing else. The same thing made all the conversations in Begins boring, no subtext. There's cleverer ways to get info across than just spelling everything out with the dialogue

I think some miss the point of the opening of this film. It is a direct comparison to Batman. In a way, every word these characters speak about the Joker is done in fascination of fear. They are wondering out loud to others, their fears.

6 mins is not enough time to get you to understand the whole joker character and the curiousity they have about him.

If this was a huge scene that was like 15 mins long. then ya I would want that quality

we are talking about 6 mins of dialogue between very minor characters who die within that time...sheesh how picky do you need to be?

yea man no offense but frankly your a real shrew

I'm just more concerned about the things that make a great film than what most other people complain about, comic book fidelity and the visuals. Nolan can do what he wants with Joker and the batsuit

Why does no-one ever say these things in the Batsuit thread? Is 10% more fabric going to be the difference between a good and a bad film?

I'm just more concerned about the things that make a great film than what most other people complain about, comic book fidelity and the visuals. Nolan can do what he wants with Joker and the batsuit

I don't get what is wrong with this. The only problem I had was the lighting. Just didn't expect it to be in mid day and so bright. Perhaps I missed it, could you explain it?

only thing i hated about the prologue were the clown masks, they were kinda plain and ugly but you dont hear me complaining

Ah ya, the batsuit thread and nitpicky... i have to pick my times when i go in there so the odds are in my favor. Anyway I am very comfortable with the dialogue because it doesn't take itself too serious. Thats just me though and i really understand where your coming from. Especially since Nolans other films have fantastic dialogue(minus bb)

just out of interest, do you study film or media or something similar?

No, I just love Nolans films, besides his Batman films. I wish he'd apply more of his usual sensibility to a Batman film rather than doing this weird realism/comic book cheese mix. Something more independent and smart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"