The Dark Knight What's up with the stupid goons?

Goes to show you can't please everyone.

The same people who complain that Nolan's style is too realistic would probably also complain that the dialogue here is too comic booky.

As long as its confined to one dimensional goons, I like it. It quickly establishes that Joker doesn't play by ANY rules, not even that of criminals.

I'd rather he embrace one or the other fully instead of mixing both. But yea, the dialogue does serve its point in showing how stupid they are, even if it is pretty overboard. The Rachel dialogue could still be amazing :woot:

I don't mind the dialogue, it came off a little cluncky in BB too but after a few watches I love it.

I really wouldn't have it any other way.

this sasquatchs guy.. i hear he wears make-up, you know.. cuz he's homosexual

Wow, calling someone gay. What an insult!

Are you one of Joker's goons?

wow he made a gay joke! i got one i got one

we should call it brokebat mountain. because heath ledger is in it and he played a gay cowboy...teehee whos next?

Well i posted a lot in an obnoxious forum that obviously got deleted. anyway. I got another one... he is licking the lips.. so he must be homosexual...

ok now i am done

I don't get it. After watching the prologue, it's as if every member in Joker's gang is a complete tard. The thing that bottles my mind is that they have a personality of a tard, but they can do difficult tasks like swing on a rope across rooftops, open the bank door, etc...

It's a case of Steve Urkelephobia.
2547.jpg

Read Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences. A person who can swing a rope where they want is an example of someone with higher bodily-kinesthetic intelligence. Just because they have that ability dosent mean that they should have a high linguistic intelligence. A great example, Mike Tyson.
They guy is a complete idiot. But he has great intelligence with the control of his body.

Then yo should really take profiling into account. Have you seen the type of person that is involved in a life of crime? Contrary to hollywoods glamouriztion of the common criminal, they are usaully not the brightest creatures on this planet.

After the last rampage I went on, I cant afford to drink that stuff anymore.

To answer the topics question, Joker having stupid goons is fine, it makes perfect sense. At least until the underworld realizes Joker's allies don't last very long

To answer the topics question, Joker having stupid goons is fine, it makes perfect sense. At least until the underworld realizes Joker's allies don't last very long
That's the beauty of the plan... there's always a vast supply of moronic criminals who think "eh, I'm smart, it won't happen to me" and join his gang anyway. :grin:

I think the problem was the accents some of the goon's had rather then the dialogue itself. Well they could have said "The Joker" a little less but that's really nit picky.

Their voices seemed to be lifted straight form B:TAS which doesn't fit into this movie. I would imagine almost everyone else is going to speak more "normal". Atleast I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"