When are you planning to see MOS?

I'll waych it in 2D, opening day (of course!), with my Dad, Uncle and as many cousins I can recruit.:)

There's a bunch of theaters to choose from but since I want to go to a midnight showing I got it narrowed down to 3 that are close, and stadium seating is a must! 2D.

Cobb: Newest in the area.
AMC 20: Biggest theater out of these 3. I'm sure there will be a few showings at midnight.
Regal: Backup in case the others are sold out.

This is what pisses me off with DC Marvel's Avengers and IM3 both came out in the UK on Weds yet MOS is only been shown from the Friday over here. Its just ridiculous that we don't even seem to be getting an option for a midnight showing.

Plan on seeing the advanced screening by myself, then seeing it again midnight in the same theater....then the later showings with whoever wants to go with me. Man this is great...I can't believe we're taking about this :)

Same as Deathlok.

Travelling up to London first thing in the morning by coach, so i can see it in IMAX 3D.

I was also thinking about booking a late showing of the film at my local cinema back home, so that as soon as I get off the coach on the way back, I can go and see it again :)

That's going to be a heck of a journey isn`t it?
^^^
The sign of a true fan... :cwink:

Back when there were real cinemas in my home town, i.e. one with one big screen. I went to see ST:TMP on a Saturday morning. After that I snuck into the toilets and hid in a cubicle until the people for the next showing began to arrive. I went back and took my seat and watched it again.

Happier, simpler days!

Last edited:
As much as I despise Walmart, I'm going to try to get some tickets for a 7PM June 13th showing... because my husband and I are old farts and love the idea of not staying up late for a midnight show. :p We have work at 6AM the next day.

Thursday, June 13th, 7:00pm. Getting the Wal-Mart private screening on May 18th for my fiance', brother, my sister in-law and mother.

Personally, I just HAVE to have those pre-screening tickets with Cavill on the ticket (anybody else feel that way? Haha.)

I'll be seeing it all weekend. I'll see it the 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th. A couple times in 2D and defiantly a IMAX showing, probably Sunday and then whoever would want to go with me after that. I plan on seeing it atleast 5 times in theater.

The night before, we are having "Superman night." My fiance' is going to make Superman cookies and we are going to have a celebration. Balloons, Super-themed and pop in Superman: The Movie in anticipation for the big day. I'm getting shirts made and everything.

Going to be a BLAST!

When: When my brother comes home from china sometime in July. Not that I can't see it without him, but I know the experience will be that much greater seeing it with him for the first time. And since the movie opens later here than in most of the world; I won't feel bad for missing out the initial chaos on the forums anyway. And I've waited 7 years for this movie, I can wait a few more weeks.

How: Regular cinema in 2D. We don't have IMAX here. The 2D for first watching is a given for me when it comes to this movie. 3D is always more of a gamble and the – lovely looking – cinematography for the movie doesn't seem like it will excel in 3D. Quite the opposite; it looks more grounded than stylized and that fact screams "better suited for 2D" to me. Plus, it's not native 3D like all my best 3D experiences has been.

SOOOOO...my buddy calls me this morning and tells me he can get us in to see Man of Steel a good 3 or 4 days before it comes out. He has a friend who is a manager or assistant manger (can't remember which) at our local theater who can get us in to see it before it comes out with free drinks and free popcorn...so needless to say I'm pretty excited about it

^ Hey, I live right down the road from smallville/metropolis; can I come too? ;)

I managed to book some premium double seats for me and my younger brother at the London IMAX in Waterloo for the 18th June at 5:45pm. Might watch it before then in a regular theatre, if any of my friends declare strong interest in seeing it. Guess they're still burned from Superman Returns lol. Their loss. :cwink:

In the netherlands, MoS premieres a week later... june 20th. So I already booked a plane ticket to London for friday the 14th and already bought my ticket to Odeon Leicester Square on the front row of the Royal Circle. IMAX was pretty much fully booked, and the showtimes didn't plan out in my schedule (except for the 11:45 show, where all the good seats were already taken). I'm going to the 13:00 show, my flight back is at 20:00 from stansted.

SOOOOO...my buddy calls me this morning and tells me he can get us in to see Man of Steel a good 3 or 4 days before it comes out. He has a friend who is a manager or assistant manger (can't remember which) at our local theater who can get us in to see it before it comes out with free drinks and free popcorn...so needless to say I'm pretty excited about it
Needless to say...you effing SUCK! :oldrazz:

It's against my religion to see a movie on opening day. Too many obnoxious people (even if they're not saying anything, you can still hear some stuffing their faces with popcorn, or slurping their drinks; takes away from the experience, for me).

I'll wait until I only have to share the theater with four to five viewers.

Most movies I prefer to see when there's not too many people in attendence, but with a movies like man of steel, the dark knight rises, the avengers, etc., I prefer to see it with a full crowd as it adds to the experience/excitement imo.

That's going to be a heck of a journey isn`t it?
^^^
The sign of a true fan... :cwink:

It's really not that bad. It's only 3 hrs on the coach, which costs about £15.

If I had the money, I'd just go by train. But it's more like £70 at the least :(

Opening Weekend

1) midnight screening
2) once on Friday
3) twice on Saturday
4) 1-2x on Sunday

Going to see MOS on the 13th of June.

Quick question... What is the difference between Imax-3D, and simply 3D at the theater? I absolutley love and prefer the 3D experience, just wondering what the difference is between regular 3D you get at your local theater, compared to IMax 3D? Never seen a movie in Imax. THANKS

^ I haven't done Imax3D either, but I heard it's thirty percent brighter than RealD, but turning one's head around makes the film look out of focus. And it's pricier :/

I shall be watching it on the 14th June at 10:45 (first showing) in all its IMAX 3D beauty and then maybe a few more times throughout the day :woot:

In Belgium the movie comes out on wednesday 19th, but on the 18th we have an event called men @ the movies. So, i gonna see it one day earlier than the official Belgian release date.

If they plan to show it in the weekend, as an avant premiere, then i go first on saturday the 15th and then again the 18th! :)

And i will wear a Superman t-shirt, probably with the old logo. I have family living in Kentucky and asked to look for a t-shirt. Hopefully she will find it in Hot Topic or Wal Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"