All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManofSteelWalmart_zpsdd07abae.jpg

Absolutely no doubt our first look at the new poster folks.

One of the character posters anyway. I expect them all in this style.

I dig it.

:doh:
Yeah, and it's supposed to have a rodent-like face. Not so sure about that, but I'll wait and see.

Really? :csad: Well I guess anything to sell toys huh? Hopefully it will be like a quick scene. Sounds a bit John Carter/Oz/Avatar to me.

So do we think that Zod and Co will survive to fight another day, go to the phantom zone, or will they not survive for a sequel?

Also has anyone heard that Jor-El "rides" that butterfly creature in the trailer? To me that seems a bit over the top.

I don't think it's over the top at all. Actually it is rather fitting. Based on the EW article, it seems Kryptonians are big into genetic engineering. Thus, it would make sense for their civilization to rely heavily on biotechnology and organic machines. It also explains why we all mistook the Black Zero for a giant spider/octopus. Because its organic technology, a living ship.

I really dislike that. It's not going to be a reason to not watch the movie, but sincerely it could be done better. We'll see when the movie comes out.

So do we think that Zod and Co will survive to fight another day, go to the phantom zone, or will they not survive for a sequel?

It would be wise not to kill off Zod. Michael Shannon is too awesome not to use again in some form or another. :woot:

It would be wise not to kill off Zod. Michael Shannon is too awesome not to use again in some form or another. :woot:

Yeah, I really don't want Supes to kill or pull another "I don't have to save you". Does anyone think, based on what we have seen so far that Superman will end up killing any of the villains?

I'm thinking the phantom zone has to be involved in this otherwise how is he gonna stop them? Unless sensory overload plays a part and I think it will to some degree

Advanced tickets you say??!! :mag Yes please, thanks!

For what it's worth, I showed the MoS trailer with my co-workers and they said they are looking forward to it.

Yeah, I really don't want Supes to kill or pull another "I don't have to save you". Does anyone think, based on what we have seen so far that Superman will end up killing any of the villains?-

Me neither. That felt flat in Begins, and the only supervillain I'm okay with Supes killing is Doomsday.

Showed a buddy of mine the new trailer last night...he's a Batman fan by the way, dislikes Superman, but was floored by that trailer. After it was done playing he immediately asked when it was coming out again, I told him and he was like...."We gotta go see that!"

Yeah, I really don't want Supes to kill or pull another "I don't have to save you". Does anyone think, based on what we have seen so far that Superman will end up killing any of the villains?-

Me neither. That felt flat in Begins, and the only supervillain I'm okay with Supes killing is Doomsday.

To be fair I didn't mind that in Begins he only left Ra's the same way he left him in the Wayne Manor to die. Ra's was beyond saving.

I do agree though I don't want Supes to kill Zod and co.

I actually like the dragonfly shot. It looks like something from LOTR. It reminds me how much Hobbit would have looked better if shot on film.
LBbutterfly.png

Last edited:
that's more of a dragonfly...wings are not the wings of any butterfly I've ever seen

Showed a buddy of mine the new trailer last night...he's a Batman fan by the way, dislikes Superman, but was floored by that trailer. After it was done playing he immediately asked when it was coming out again, I told him and he was like...."We gotta go see that!"

I love reading comments like these. I truly feel that MOS is going to be actually quite big with the non-Superman crowd. I have read so many comments on social media sites to the effect "I don't like Supermah at all, but this trailer looks bad-ass."

This picture here really shows what I am confused about on the costume. The trailers show a darker S and costume, yet the toys, collectibles, books, and statues seem to indicate a more brighter look to the S and even the cape. Also not feeling the gauntlets didnt notice them that much in the trailer, they really stick out here seems like something Wonder Woman would need and not Superman. I really do hope the costume doesnt get damaged like batman or spider-man do in there movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"