The Dark Knight Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

TDK was a good film but it was overrated, it's not like it was 100% flawless and I thought Batman Begins was a better film and Batman film.

Agreed with both of you.

I think some of the hate towards TDK is a backlash over the obsessive fans who throw it down peoples throats all the time as the greatest movie evah!!!!111 It can get quite annoying whenever you mention a great film or comic book movie and some weirdo Bat fan appears and is like "Well it's not better than TDK!!!" or you dare say a bad word against it and an obsessive Bat fan is like "You are wrong! It is a bonafide masterpiece with no flaws what so ever!!!11"

Errr...no.

You might say "Iron Man better film than The Dark Knight" that I can understand because are comic book movies with same genre. It's funny when people bring up non-comic book films saying they are better than comic book movies if you don't like them why are you here then?

As for BB & TDK I love them and have flaws etc but to say TDK it's overrated because so many people like it it's stupid reason not to like it.

usually its the non comic book fans that praise TDk to high heaven and beyond.. and they havent seen Begins. Thats what my friends are

^Disliking something because you think that it is overrated is a stupid reason to dislike it. But I'm sure there are actually people who dislike TDK because they just disliked it.

However, as I stated, I did not dislike it. I just dislike the fans. The annoying fans brought on this stupid backlash that I'm not apart of. Backlashes often don't make sense but I'm tempted to say that this one did.

To me it wasn't about TDK fans not admitting flaws, if you honestly think that it's the greatest movie ever congrats, it's about alot of TDK fans, at the time, bashing anybody who didn't find the movie to be a flawless Masterpeice.

Personally I say f**k you to those people. But the sane fans are fine with me. :up:

P.S.

The other trolling fans can go fry in hell for all I care.

P.S.S.

I hate you trolling f**kers guts. You made the Batman boards the most unfun boards on Hype for a while. May you get run over by a truck you annoying lifeless nerds...

Too much?

You might say "Iron Man better film than The Dark Knight" that I can understand because are comic book movies with same genre. It's funny when people bring up non-comic book films saying they are better than comic book movies if you don't like them why are you here then?

As for BB & TDK I love them and have flaws etc but to say TDK it's overrated because so many people like it it's stupid reason not to like it.

Iron man was a great popcorn flick and it pleased audiences in a much broader way I think. Formula? Yes but that's what tickles alot of folks. I don't think there's any denying the scope and integrity of the Dark Knight script. There's a whole hell of a lot to chew on and there is some failure within the execution of it all. Just a little in my opinion.

As far as people saying TDK is overrated. Well that has been and will continue to be said about anything that is immensely popular. People these days are just so cynical about everything. I mean, I understand people saying "I don't get all the hype" or "it did nothing for me" but to just flat out bash something....well, that seems to be in style these days. Not to say someone can't truthfully hate something but just as there is bandwagoners for the hype, there's just as many bandwagoners for the bashing brigade as well.

Anyways, just my two cents.

^Disliking something because you think that it is overrated is a stupid reason to dislike it. But I'm sure there are actually people who dislike TDK because they just disliked it.

However, as I stated, I did not dislike it. I just dislike the fans. The annoying fans brought on this stupid backlash that I'm not apart of. Backlashes often don't make sense but I'm tempted to say that this one did.

To me it wasn't about TDK fans not admitting flaws, if you honestly think that it's the greatest movie ever congrats, it's about alot of TDK fans, at the time, bashing anybody who didn't find the movie to be a flawless Masterpeice.

Personally I say f**k you to those people. But the sane fans are fine with me. :up:

P.S.

P.S.S.

I hate you trolling f**kers guts. You made the Batman boards the most unfun boards on Hype for a while. May you get run over by a truck you annoying lifeless nerds...

Too much?

:awesome::awesome::awesome: :up:

I still love TDK alot, i dont bash it, but i get sick of hearing about if "..... isn;t like TDK then it will absolutely suck to high heaven". :doh:

I fear that's what some fans will expect for Batman 3....

Fear is a path that leads to the dark side...

P.S.

P.S.S.

Too much?

Not at all. Once they announce a third Batman film whether it's with Nolan or not, or more importantly, when it goes into production I think the Batman boards are going to be a madhouse again.

Over the years, the people who edit movie trailers(or maybe it's movie studios to blame) throw in the best scenes and give too much away. It's been pissing me off for quite a few years and I think I'm going to try to see more films(especially comic films)without hearing or knowing much about it. It's going to be hard as hell but I think for a 3rd Batman film in this series, I might stay away from the Bat boards altogether.

I kind of miss the days before the internet where everyone wasn't linked up and breaking news hit everywhere in a matter of seconds. I just think it would be fun to go into a film knowing little to nothing like you did when you were a child.

I agree.

The net provides a temptation to find out about a film before seeing it. And if it's a film that is really anticipated, the temptation can be too much.

I agree.

The net provides a temptation to find out about a film before seeing it. And if it's a film that is really anticipated, the temptation can be too much.

Exactly.

The next Batman film is going to be my true test in regards to a film I really can't wait for. Other than that one, I'll try to avoid spoilers and info on some other films but won't be pushing myself as hard for those as I will be for the next Batman film.

Not at all. Once they announce a third Batman film whether it's with Nolan or not, or more importantly, when it goes into production I think the Batman boards are going to be a madhouse again.

Over the years, the people who edit movie trailers(or maybe it's movie studios to blame) throw in the best scenes and give too much away. It's been pissing me off for quite a few years and I think I'm going to try to see more films(especially comic films)without hearing or knowing much about it. It's going to be hard as hell but I think for a 3rd Batman film in this series, I might stay away from the Bat boards altogether.

I kind of miss the days before the internet where everyone wasn't linked up and breaking news hit everywhere in a matter of seconds. I just think it would be fun to go into a film knowing little to nothing like you did when you were a child.

I spoiled the Gordon and ferry subplot and other details by accident and basically sucked all the suspense out of the movie. :csad: I would love to avoid the batboards before B3 but I know I'll be too weak.

I spoiled the Gordon and ferry subplot and other details by accident and basically sucked all the suspense out of the movie. :csad: I would love to avoid the batboards before B3 but I know I'll be too weak.

I had heard about the ferry scene early as well but only heard 'rumours' about the Gordon scene at the funeral procession. I think I was enjoying the movie so much I didn't think about them while watching to where it didn't exactly ruin anything for me.

I just think it would be neat to watch the possible 3rd film only knowing which villian/s are in it(since that would be kind of hard to avoid due to trailers as well as movie posters).

I agree.

For some. The only reason I go into spoiler sections before I see a movie is because I have to as a mod. I prefer to be surprised at the theater.

I know exactly what you mean. It's for that very reason that I stopped watching any trailers for films I really want to see. I did however watch the first 1.02 seconds of the first TDK trailer just so I could see the Joker and then turned it off. After which it was REALLY hard not to watch anything else.

At the same time, the anticipation can make the experience better. Not necessarily knowing the spoilers, but having something like the ARG to make you excited about the movie. Of course, it also helped that TDK was so good to begin with. It would been so disappointing if we had spent 1.5 years following the pre-story and TDK turned out to be another Phantom Menace. :lmao:

I dunno, I think a lot of movies without much story or character stuff to chew on usually rely on trailers spoiling all the good parts to bring people in. So it's a fault of the movies they're marketing as well as the trailer editors. If more movies had extensive story or character moments, people wouldn't be complaining about the trailers spoiling it, because there's no time in a trailer to spoil that. :oldrazz:

What amazed me about TDK's trailers was that most of the stuff we were given was in the first half of the movie, and only teeny bits of footage from the second half so we couldn't tell what was happening in them.

I had heard about the ferry scene early as well but only heard 'rumours' about the Gordon scene at the funeral procession. I think I was enjoying the movie so much I didn't think about them while watching to where it didn't exactly ruin anything for me.
Yeah, I think that one Italian site basically spoiled the entire movie early in 2008, but they summarized it so crudely that it was like, "Okay, whatever." Going into the film was still a surprise for me because I knew all these spoilery bits, but I didn't know how they fit together.

Over the years, the people who edit movie trailers(or maybe it's movie studios to blame) throw in the best scenes and give too much away. It's been pissing me off for quite a few years and I think I'm going to try to see more films(especially comic films)without hearing or knowing much about it.

Chris Nolan is particularly sensitive to this trend and makes sure that all of the best surprises are kept out of the trailers and advertising. You'll notice that almost all of the footage from the trailers comes from the first third or so of the movie - so unless they were reading spy reports, fans still had no idea what to expect for the last two thirds.

We weren't even sure how Two-Face was transformed until the movie came out!

^ Yes, we did. Harvey's face being soaked in gasoline was in the first theatrical trailer. People just weren't sure if that was the actual place of the scarring as we had all assumed it'd take place in a courthouse.

Chris Nolan is particularly sensitive to this trend and makes sure that all of the best surprises are kept out of the trailers and advertising. You'll notice that almost all of the footage from the trailers comes from the first third or so of the movie - so unless they were reading spy reports, fans still had no idea what to expect for the last two thirds.

Well, all of Nolan's movies are also very carefully constructed. To get the real power of his films, you have to watch them all the way through at once. Even I skip around LOTR (coughtheFrodoscenes) and don't feel like I've missed anything. Well, for Memento and Prestige, the timeline is out of order so you really do have to watch them all the way through, but I've always been amazed at how you can really feel where in TDK that Gotham is completely unraveling, and you don't get that by watching it in parts.

TDK's second trailer was the best trailer I've seen from a Nolan film, and even that didn't capture half of TDK's awesomeness.

^ Yes, we did. Harvey's face being soaked in gasoline was in the first theatrical trailer. People just weren't sure if that was the actual place of the scarring as we had all assumed it'd take place in a courthouse.
Yeah, we got bits and pieces, but we didn't know how they fit. The clip of Gordon smashing the batsignal was featured from the very beginning of the marketing (all the trailers, WW footage, IMAX prologue) but we didn't know where it would play in.

Actually, there was a TON of stuff that was spoiled from the movie trailers. There was a trailer that showed Batman was behind The Joker in the interrogation room, we saw the gasoline and the drums having explosive device where Harvey fell on the ground, and seeing as how we never saw the scene where Gordon smashes the Bat-signal, gave away that he never really died...like that wasn't obvious as it is.

Actually, there was a TON of stuff that was spoiled from the movie trailers. There was a trailer that showed Batman was behind The Joker in the interrogation room, we saw the gasoline and the drums having explosive device where Harvey fell on the ground, and seeing as how we never saw the scene where Gordon smashes the Bat-signal, gave away that he never really died...like that wasn't obvious as it is.

ironically, when i saw it, i completely forgot about that and was totally psyched out by nolan. just as I was when
rachel!!!!!!
died.

I know what you're saying. Just like how he doesn't have too many extras on the DVD or behind the scenes recording while they are filming. He has said in the past that he doesn't like when movie magic is revealed for everything. Something about it taking away from the film...which is damn true.

If he does come back for a third round I'm sure the trailer for it won't reveal all the action or surprises. I just get sick of a **** ton of other movies doing that.

I've heard people defend it saying stuff like, "well they need to get people's attention and get their asses in the seats". A lot of trailers from the 90's and previous decades got people's attention without showing all the money shots. I consider it laziness. Instead of cleverly trying to edit and put together a trailer without ruining everything but still getting the audience interested, they throw in everything but the kitchen sink(sometimes even the sink :cmad:).

The thing I never understood, was why Batman even took the blame? He didn't kill Two-Face on purpose, he was saving Gordons son, for crying out loud. They both fell over, it was just Batman who survived the fall. I understand that they wanted to save Dent's integrity, and show Gotham that there can be a "real" hero in Gotham besides Batman, but it just screws up everything. Batman told Gordon to "call it in". Why? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! If Gordon is going to lie about that, then why not just say Two-Face fell over the side, and Batman was never there. Now, Batman's a villain to the cops, because he made Gordon "turn him in". In my eyes, The Joker still won, and it doesn't explain that some cops survived, and know about Dent's true side(Two-Face). IMO, the ending is just a mess....

If I were Batman, I would not take the blame for the murders that Two-Face committed and I would not think of quitting the Batman persona.

Name ten films in the past ten years that are BETTER then TDK.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Godfather
The Departed
Scarface
Die Hard
Predator
Pulp Fiction
Batman Begins
Batman: Mask of Phantasm
Hard Boiled

If I were Batman, I would not take the blame for the murders that Two-Face committed and I would not think of quitting the Batman persona.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Godfather
The Departed
Scarface
Die Hard
Predator
Pulp Fiction
Batman Begins
Batman: Mask of Phantasm
Hard Boiled
The Godfather, Scarface, Die Hard and Predator were more than 10 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"