Which character are you most looking forward to?

Reaction score
-Flint because D.J. Cotrona is gorgeous! :woot:

-Lady Jaye because I watched her from Friday Night Lights and I'm looking forward to see her performance.

-Jinx because she looks fierce and mysterious.

Please tell me you're only excited about seeing him get killed.

Seriously, I've talked to several people who are more excited about seeing Duke get capped at the beginning than anything else in this movie.

Storm Shadow, because he is my favorite character. Then Lady Jane.

Please tell me you're only excited about seeing him get killed.

Seriously, I've talked to several people who are more excited about seeing Duke get capped at the beginning than anything else in this movie.
Nope Duke is my favorite Joe so yes I am looking forward to seeing him. Regardless if you like the actor who plays him or not. I thought he did a good job and really enjoyed the first movie.

Nope Duke is my favorite Joe so yes I am looking forward to seeing him. Regardless if you like the actor who plays him or not. I thought he did a good job and really enjoyed the first movie.

:exp:

Yeah, he was indeed unbearable in that movie. Actually--and this is not an exaggeration--I thought the only bad moment in the new trailer was when he spoke. I hate the way that guy talks. He sounds half gangsta and half redneck. One of the strangest, most annoying things I've ever heard.

Yeah, he was indeed unbearable in that movie. Actually--and this is not an exaggeration--I thought the only bad moment in the new trailer was when he spoke. I hate the way that guy talks. He sounds half gangsta and half redneck. One of the strangest, most annoying things I've ever heard.
Redneck? It just sounds half-assed gangsta wannabe to me. As a matter of fact, I don't understand why directors don't just tell him to cut that bull**** out.

I don't know, it's weird. He sounds like a wannabe gangsta but it seems to have an odd twang, or at least I think I hear one. Maybe it's just him trying to turn the gangsta off and talk normal and failing miserably, I don't know.

Whatever the hell it is... he should never be allowed to speak.

I still don't understand why they didn't re-cast him.

I don't either. I wouldn't have minded Duke coming back if they had cast someone remotely capable of playing him. There are many better actors out there who probably would have come cheaper.

My picks for Duke would have been either Josh Duhamel or Karl Urban.

Urban would have been good. I've never been a fan of Duhamel because I just find him bland, but he'd be a million times better than Tatum.

I'd personally go with Cole Hauser (and not just because his name is Hauser) or Philip Winchester. Either of those guys could make a KICK ASS Duke.

Oh, also... since I never answered the question of this thread... (obviously) I'm most looking forward to the new Cobra Commander. I read an interview with Chu where he indicated that CC is going to be a huge part of the movie; they've just been kinda hiding him in the trailers because they want to surprise people.

Last edited:
Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes...while the entire cast looks awesome, these two are just fantastic!!

d78ca3bb.jpg

23ee37ba.jpg

David

Good lord they both look beautiful. Why couldn't they look like this from the start?

Nothing really changed with Snake-Eyes' appearance, they just updated his look.

Nothing changed? Getting rid of the terrible plastic muscles and lips are a big change to me.

Based on the first movie, Snake Eyes.

And then Cobra Commander. Definitely.

He sounds like about half the young, US career soldiers I've ever met, so it didn't bother me that much.

Last edited:
Nothing changed? Getting rid of the terrible plastic muscles and lips are a big change to me.

I didn't mind the muscles (seen similar things in so many superhero movies that it didn't bother me) but those lips were just baffling. WTF were they thinking? Did they ever explain why they did that?

Based on the first movie, Snake Eyes.

And then Cobra Commander. Definitely.

He sounds like about half the young, US career soldiers I've ever met, so it didn't bother me that much.

Yeah, nobody said he didnt seem like a realistic soldier..he just was not duke.

It was epic fail on duke in part 1..get over it.

I didn't mind the muscles (seen similar things in so many superhero movies that it didn't bother me) but those lips were just baffling. WTF were they thinking? Did they ever explain why they did that?

Were you really that surprised they did it? I mean, they cast a Wayne brother as Ripcord, had CC being a childhood friend of Duke, and Scarlet and Duke almost got married in the past. That movie was all kinds of messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"