Which FF member is best suited for a solo movie?

Kirk Langstrom

FRANCINE!!!!
Reaction score
I hear that X-Men 3 is going to start filming this summer, and then a solo Wolverine movie project gets underway the following year....There's even talk of a Storm movie spin-off.

So if, a few sequels down the road, a movie featuring one of the FF was being considered....which member would you be most interested in seeing?

The Human Torch would be cool. The Characterization would probably be a lot like Spider-man, but without the whole secret identity business.

But I think as a spin-off, the best way to go would be a movie either about Silver Surfer with Vin Diesel in the titular role, or a movie featuring both the Human Torch and the Thing as crimefighting partners. It'd be like the Odd Couple, but with super powers.

I think the Thing would make the most interesting spin off movie.

very good question ... i could see a Human Torch or Thing spin off :up:

surfergirl said:
very good question ... i could see a Human Torch or Thing spin off :up:

I agree! I also would love to see a Torch - Spidey movie :)

NOW you're talking! A Torch/Spider-Man movie would be awesome!

Still, out of the FF alone, i'd have to go with Ben. His solo comic lasted longer than any of Johnny's books, so i believe he has the bigger fan base.

CaptainStacy said:
NOW you're talking! A Torch/Spider-Man movie would be awesome!

Still, out of the FF alone, i'd have to go with Ben. His solo comic lasted longer than any of Johnny's books, so i believe he has the bigger fan base.

But Johnny had more recently his solo book.

I want a Torch-Spidey movie!!!! :)

I'll vote the Thing. BUT, the character from this movie I still maintain that would be perefectly suited for a solo sequel is Doctor Doom! Give em an excellent chance to flesh out his villainous character and motivations and history. my humble opinion

You know, it's funny, but a few months back when it became apparent that Doom's back story was being heavily condensed for the upcoming movie, i started thinking how cool it would have been if Fox had filmed a direct to dvd "mini movie" featuring him and all the details of his origin....i think that would have been interesting and maybe generated some publicity for the FF movie...

I agree with you guys about a Doom solo movie. After all, it's not that far-fetched of an idea since a Magneto movie is in the talking stage at Fox along with one for Wolverine. I always thought Doom to be a more complex villain than Magneto, at least during the Lee/Kirby years. I used to get into some flame wars with a guy over at another board because it was my contention that Claremont just used the Doom origin as a template (subbing Jew for Gypsy, the Holocaust for the persecution of Victor's Romany tribe) and slapped it on Erik. I also used to argue that it was easy for him to find consistency to Magento's actions since he pretty much had a champion of sorts with Claremont almost exclusivesly handling the character for years whereas anyone and his pet monkey would drag Doom into a story ( *** having a bad flashback to Squirrel Girl ***) His backstory is at least as interesting as Magneto's if done properly.

But I digress. I voted for the Thing but would prefer a Doom solo movie, with Julian McMahon of course! Unless they back into his younger days.

BTW, would you believe that Marvel has plans to validate Squirrel Girl's existence by including her in the West Coast Avengers title this year. :p I hope they come up with a Doombot explanation for her encounter with Doom.

IM.jpg

Wait...what? A new West Coast Avengers book? Details or a link, if you please!

CaptainStacy said:
Wait...what? A new West Coast Avengers book? Details or a link, if you please!

OOoops. Sorry, I got my Avengers' squads mixed up. I meant to say Great Lakes Avengers. It was in the April solicits, which you can see here:

http://comics.toonzone.net/solicitations/2005-04/marvel.php

Scroll down and you will see the cover with (* shudder * ) Squirrel Girl on the right. But I am turning into a Dan Slott fan so this should be good. :)

G.L.A. #1 (of 4)
Written by Dan Slott
Pencils & Cover by Paul Pelletier
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They are the Great Lake Avengers, the guys who got the shortest end of the super-hero stick. But with the real Avengers disassembled, they’re going to try to step up to the plate and deal with one of their most powerful villains! Can they save the day? Well, we just hope these guys can save themselves!
This Issue: A Great Lake Avenger Dies! (Besides Mr. Immortal, duh.) Special appearances by: Captain America, Thor, the Vision, the Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 6 :: 32 pages :: Marvel PSR :: $2.99
[/font]

i dont know if fantastic four would do well as a solo picture for any of the characters. i dont see how it would work, though i could be wrong.

:doom:

Dam can't vote on this one no Doom. I think it would be great to see a solo Doom movie.:doom:

dfgdfg.gif

If Doom were to get his own movie, what would be the premise? Should he battle the FF, or ANOTHER Marvel hero?

Or...should he battle another VILLAIN? (Magneto?)

Hey, how about making a Doom movie Scarface style? Take out the 70s Cuban Miami vibe, implement Doom's castle, and just have him run chaos.:p

If they were to create a cross-over movie or even a t.v. series, a good idea would be to emulate the old issues of Strange Tales. Strange Tales highlighted the adventures of Ben and Johnny as they kicked butt and faced bizarre situations.

What do you think?

WetGorilla

I woudn't mind a Strange Tales animated series, wetgorilla...

CaptainStacy said:
I woudn't mind a Strange Tales animated series, wetgorilla...

I'm sure the poll being taken here supports that spinoff.

Wetgorilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"