World Which film had the best swinging scenes??

ThatSpiderGuy

Civilian
Reaction score
Which film contained the best Spider-Man swinging scenes??
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The Amazing Spider-Man, imo.

I just love how realistic they seemed. So much weight and gravity when he does it.

I just love how realistic they seemed. So much weight and gravity when he does it.

I liked them, i really did. I rate them as second best to TASM2. TASM2 gets number one for me because they had the same realistic feel as the first one and he was wearing the perfect suit. also, he was swinging during the day lol

yupp no doubt about it, TASM2 had the best swing scenes of all time.
and i did make it a poll. :woot:

Yeah, I like both the ASM films in this regard. A definite improvement over the previous trilogy but that isn't to say they didn't have some good swinging sequences as well. The part in SM2 when Spidey gets knocked from the train and is sliding down the street and manages to get back into the air while dodging traffic was pretty sick.

Yeah, I like both the ASM films in this regard. A definite improvement over the previous trilogy but that isn't to say they didn't have some good swinging sequences as well. The part in SM2 when Spidey gets knocked from the train and is sliding down the street and manages to get back into the air while dodging traffic was pretty sick.

yeah i loved that part, and when he swung up and jumped off the building and dived down at doc oc was so cool. but the problem with that trilogy was that whenever he was in the air it felt like he was just flying or slowly bobbing up and down with ease through thin air. it never really felt real.

ASM series absolutely blows SM series away

I preferred TASM2's web swinging, he really used his environment well.

Just the power of modern CGI, I can't wait until we get to see Marvels Spiderman in 4ish years, the effects will be even better.

TASM Spidey swings, SM spidey floats

ASM series absolutely blows SM series away

I preferred TASM2's web swinging, he really used his environment well.

Just the power of modern CGI, I can't wait until we get to see Marvels Spiderman in 4ish years, the effects will be even better.

TASM Spidey swings, SM spidey floats

or maybe future TASM films ;)

TASM2, I loved the swinging effects, and it didn't have a wild moving camera like I felt TASM had, it was much more focused. Sadly the OT swinging scenes, while still very awesome, show their age a bit.

tumblr_mxcbzbOsQ71qjx6n6o8_500.gif

:toth

Raimi's are still the most visually beautiful. Just poetry in motion. The final swing in the first movie has yet to be bettered, even though the swing sequences in the two sequels were great, that one was the Hope diamond of them. Flawless in every way.

The new series are collection of obvious CGI. No charm or grace to them.

ASM2 and its not even close! The begging on the roof tops and the part when he is web swing and running on building to get to electro has while has the quik web swing to try to get to goblin to save gwen all blow any thing we saw in the other sm movies out of the water. SM 1 has the worst has the movie has just not aged while CGI wise.

Yes it was sick but CGI has come a long long way sinces then.

The Amazing Spider-Man for me by far. It was the first time I felt like I was actually there swinging with Spidey, it all looked so real. I loved the look of the swinging through NYC in the nighttime lighting, it was just amazing and the camera movements helped a lot with that.

tumblr_m5laf5cyHj1rxlhh5o1_500.gif

TASM2 is a very close second, though I loved the Raimi ones as well, they don't come close to me.

[YT]AZ4qAqzc2Qg[/YT]

This. How... can... you... top... this!? While SM1's final swing is iconic and deserves much of the praise it got, it never looked like he was attaching the webs to the buildings, and when he moved upwards it was like he was floating. No realism there.

But his... maaaan... this is the best swing scene in the entire franchise IMO. The crane scene comes at a close second for me. It deserves more recognition.

The Rami one's just don't capture the way momentum works. It's just him floating about NYC, he doesn't fall fast enough at all in those films. He floats over to the Murican' flag to swing off.

They relied heavily on close up shots with a speeding background too in the spidey films, in the ASM series they had much more flexibility with the shots they could have.

Look at Daltonio's GIF for example. Look at the web recoil, and act natural (not rigid), look at how spider-man, after shooting out his web with his left arm, starts drifting off to the righ as his weight begins to favour one side. Look at how he falls faster the lower he goes.

The variation in height, in swings, the way he'll shoot out a web and sorta "Mini-Climb" it during TASM2, all wonderfull. I'm sure Raimi wanted to do stuff like that but the tech didn't allow it.

To be frank if you're calling CGI from a decade old better than the current stuff then there might be some Tobey coloured glasses in play.

Spider-Man 1 wins hands down for the best monologue before final swing tho.

"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spiderman."

Best dialogue out of any spidey film.

Actually Spider-Man 1 had some amazing dialogue, I'm going through some quotes now.

"Here's the real truth. There are eight million people in this city. And those teeming masses exist for the sole purpose of lifting the few exceptional people onto their shoulders. You and me… We're exceptional."

And then Spider-Man 2.

"Too few characters out there, flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams…"

I know it's a tad off topic, but man, the ASM series had nothing on the SM serie's dialogue.

Seriously though the effects look better and that's to be expected, the OT is a decade old and it's not going to look better than the new stuff. That's really just the reality how how quickly tech develops this days, especially if we're comparing CGI. (Practical vs CGI still has merits, but if its straight CGI comparison and you're comparing movies from different decades, then logic should direct you to the result)

Last edited:
Spider-Man 1-3. Best swinging scenes, best action, best ones at making Spider-Man come to life and feel most real. Not like blue and red CGI man of ASM movies lol.

Yes it was sick but CGI has come a long long way sinces then.

CGI is not part of my rating process.

[YT]AZ4qAqzc2Qg[/YT]

This. How... can... you... top... this!? While SM1's final swing is iconic and deserves much of the praise it got, it never looked like he was attaching the webs to the buildings, and when he moved upwards it was like he was floating. No realism there.

But his... maaaan... this is the best swing scene in the entire franchise IMO. The crane scene comes at a close second for me. It deserves more recognition.

I really love the final swing in ASM--it's packed with lots of Spidey goodness. It's also a bit under appreciated imo.

Spider-Man 1-3. Best swinging scenes, best action, best ones at making Spider-Man come to life and feel most real. Not like blue and red CGI man of ASM movies lol.

Wha?? CGI in a Spider-Man movie??!! :o :cwink:

Tobey Maguire didn't don the suit and physically swing around New York himself mate...

TASM used mostly practical effects for Spidey.

Not sure about TASM2, but it at least looked pretty real.

How is this even up for debate? I mean I always wish I could go webslinging, and all the films do a great job at showing off Spidey doing his thing. But no film before TASM2 has ever given me such a rush and really made me say "Man, I wish I could do that!". TASM2, hands down.

Last edited:
I really don't see why people wouldn't pick the Amazing Spider-Man movies. I mean, just look at those gifs. Spider-Man in the old movies didn't act realistically at all. As everyone has said before, he basically "floated" across the city. There were no physics and you never felt the rush that makes you want to have your own webshooters. Everything seemed so fake if you thought about it, while most (if not all) of the swinging scenes in TASM films looked real. The cgi was much better and heck, they even got the ripple effects in Spider-Man's suit as gravity and the friction in the air takes a hold of the webslinger. Also, the cinematography for the swinging was much improved in TASM films. I mean, THEY FINALLY gave us scenes with POV shots of Spider-Man as if he had a camera strapped to his body. It was brilliant and innovative. Never saw ANY of that in the raimi films.

Also, look at the webbing spidey is swinging on in the raimi films. There isn't much detail at all in them. They are just straight lines that go sideways. They didn't look like they connected to the buildings. Plus the fact that Spider-Man just floated through the city on them. The webs in the TASM films have a lot of detail and they move like actual spider silk. It was quite impressive seeing it in the theater in 3D. Also, the webs move due to the physical forces that act upon them like gravity and inertia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"