World Rank the Spider-Man movies

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man 3- An underrated, and possibly misunderstood film. It definitely has flaws, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.
3. Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man: Homecoming

5. Amazing Spider-Man
6. Amazing Spider-Man 2- One of the worst comic book films from the past 10 years.

1. Spider-Man Homecoming
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Spider-Man 3
5. Amazing Spider-Man
6. Amazing Spider-Man 2

1) Into the Spider-Verse
2) Spider-Man
3) Spider-Man 2
4) Spider-Man : Homecoming
5) Spider-Man 3
6) Spider-Man : Far From Home
7) The Amazing Spider-Man
8) The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Last edited:
Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse
The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Far From Home
Homecoming

The rest...

Mine would be....

Spider-man 2
Spider-man 3
Spider-man(2002)
Homecoming
Far from home
Amazing Spider-man 2
Amazing Spider-man

I still haven't seen Into the Spider-verse yet. And although it's not technically a movie,the cut scenes for the PS4 game are amazing.

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Into The Spider Verse
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man Homecoming
Spider-Man Far From Home
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Revised list for 2020....

1) Spider-Man
2) Into the Spider-Verse
3) Spider-Man 2
4) Spider-Man : Homecoming
5) Spider-Man 3
6) Spider-Man : Far From Home
7) The Amazing Spider-Man
8) The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Updated list...

1) Into the Spider-Verse
2) Spider-Man 2
3) Spider-Man

4) Homecoming
5) ASM
6) Spider-Man 3

(I go back and forth with 5 and 6.)

7) ASM 2
8) Far From Home

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Into the Spider-Verse
Homecoming
Spider-Man 3
Far From Home
TASM
TASM 2

Spider-Man products that work wonders for Spider-Man and make a lot of fans happy they exist are (in order of release):
  1. 1994 show
  2. Neversoft Game
  3. Sam Raimi's trilogy
  4. Spider-Man 2 (PS2, Gamecube, XBox)
  5. Spectacular Spider-Man Animated
  6. Tom Holland's Spidey
  7. Into the Spider-Verse (even more than Tom Holland)
  8. And Insomniac's games

While I progressively feel less befuddled as to why Marc Webb's movies are mostly ignored (or disliked), I'm glad he's a fan of the character who is satisfied watching the other movies. And I am happy that most of the movies left a good impression on the general public and are fun to watch and discuss.

Last edited:
1. Into the Spider-Verse
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Homecoming
5. Far From Home
6. TASM
7. Spider-Man 3
8. TASM 2

ItSV and SM2 are pretty much tied. Same goes for TASM and SM3. I recently rewatched SM3 and somehow that film was able to make me super disappointed again haha! I had remembered it as slightly more enjoyable than it actually is. I really don't like Peter here even before the black suit stuff. He's not as bad here as in the TASM series, however the first TASM as a movie is slightly better in structure, even with all the flaws. SM3 in structure and editing is a complete mess. Not as much of a character murder as TASM 2 at least, which to me is one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. Top three in my list are some of the greatest of all time to me. The MCU Spidey is good enough, though not great. I like Vulture and Mysterio (though really disappointed in my man Shocker, you have a great actor in Bokeem Woodbine for Christ's sake, use him more!) and Tom does a great job as Peter, but I really miss the classic supporting cast, including The Daily Bugle. Not a fan of MCU:s attempt at world building in their Spider-Man movies. I also think Homecoming and FFH lack exciting visuals and direction, Mysterio fight being an exception. There's no sense of wonder like in SM and SM2. I am very concerned about the third movie, despite loving Molina as Ock. Sounds like another mess of a movie.

1. Into the Spider-Verse
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Homecoming
5. Far From Home
6. TASM
7. Spider-Man 3
8. TASM 2

ItSV and SM2 are pretty much tied. Same goes for TASM and SM3. I recently rewatched SM3 and somehow that film was able to make me super disappointed again haha! I had remembered it as slightly more enjoyable than it actually is. I really don't like Peter here even before the black suit stuff. He's not as bad here as in the TASM series, however the first TASM as a movie is slightly better in structure, even with all the flaws. SM3 in structure and editing is a complete mess. Not as much of a character murder as TASM 2 at least, which to me is one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. Top three in my list are some of the greatest of all time to me. The MCU Spidey is good enough, though not great. I like Vulture and Mysterio (though really disappointed in my man Shocker, you have a great actor in Bokeem Woodbine for Christ's sake, use him more!) and Tom does a great job as Peter, but I really miss the classic supporting cast, including The Daily Bugle. Not a fan of MCU:s attempt at world building in their Spider-Man movies. I also think Homecoming and FFH lack exciting visuals and direction, Mysterio fight being an exception. There's no sense of wonder like in SM and SM2. I am very concerned about the third movie, despite loving Molina as Ock. Sounds like another mess of a movie.

Oz!!! Bro, so good to see you again! How have you been?

Yeah, as bad as ASM2 is, FFH for me is actually worse. Not only is it fundamentally awful as a film, I feel like it abandons so much of what I love about the character to the point it doesn't even feel like Spider-Man. It's just some guy wearing the same looking suit, lol. But both movies, ASM2 and FFH, imo I classify as unwatchable. I've seen em both a handful of times to have made proper judgement, but the last time I made it about 20 minutes into FFH and shut it off. Just terrible. If I'm in the mood I'll just watch the Mysterio bits on YT.

Yeah, as bad as ASM2 is, FFH for me is actually worse. Not only is it fundamentally awful as a film, I feel like it abandons so much of what I love about the character to the point it doesn't even feel like Spider-Man. It's just some guy wearing the same looking suit, lol.
FFH is average, but highly enjoyable to me. I had and still have similar thoughts about Homecoming as you do to Far From Home, except for calling it awful, it's another average movie I enjoy watching, but still my least liked Spider-Man movie.

Far From Home to me is natural progression for Peter Parker after Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame in a certain amount of respects.

1. Into the Spider-Verse
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Homecoming
5. Far From Home
6. TASM
7. Spider-Man 3
8. TASM 2
Welcome back.

Anticipating the reboot replacing Spider-Man 4 and the downward spiral since the initial release of TASM 1 is an interesting experience. The concept of it being considered a good movie but an unworthy rehash of 2002 Spidey and then dropping to mediocre or bad, a hole it is forbidden to climb out of.

Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man: Far From Home
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I like Amazing Spider-Man more than any of the Raimi movies but it is clearly more compromised and inconsistent than Spider-Man 2. The gap between Spider-Verse and all the rest is also very significant.

Rewatched them all and I have tried so hard to see what people like about the raimi movies and for my entire life....I just can’t get it. Its hard to watch the cringe and cheese. Will never understand that love.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Verse

BIG GAP

4. Spider-Man
5. Spider-Man 2

HUGE GAP - disrespectful or truly awful movies that can’t be watched

6. Spider-Man Homecoming
7. Spider-Man Far From Home
8. Spider-Man 3

Bottom three are pretty much all tied and are unwatchable in my eyes. Middle two movies are enjoyable fun movies to watch but I have WAY too much issues. Love the first three but spider-verse is a step or two (probably three behind) amazing spidey. Love those movies and will never back down on that.

At the end of the day, spidey ps4 and spectacular spidey would be 1 and 2 if we included those incarcerations as well. Those are literally perfect in my eyes

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man 3
4. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. Spider-Man: Far From Home
7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
8. The Amazing Spider-Man

Still like all the movies.

Sm2
Sm1
Spiderverse
Sm3
Nwh
Homecoming
Tasm1
Tasm2

My Pre-No Way Home list.

1. Into The Spiderverse

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Spider-Man: Homecoming

4. Spider-Man

5. Spider-Man: Far From Home

6. Spider-Man 3

7. The Amazing Spider-Man

8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man - 10/10 - Perfection

Spider-Man 2 - 9/10 - I'm just more drawn to the original for whatever reason.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7.5/10 (Really high highs, with some low lows)

The Amazing Spider-Man - 7.5/10 (High highs. Not so low lows)

Spider-Man 3 - 7/10 (Disapointment aside, more Raimi Spidey is not a bad thing)

Spider-Man: FFH - 7/10 (Cute romance. Great villain. Generic fake villains. Mediocre story).

Spider-Man: Homecoming - 6/10 (Great villains. Everyone else is super cringe. Mediocre story.)

Into the Spider-verse
Far From Home
Homecoming

I'm not really a fan of the others.

TASM
ITSV
HC
TASM2
FFH
SPIDER-MAN 3
SPIDER-MAN 2
SPIDER-MAN 1

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
4. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
5. Spider-Man: Far From Home
6. Spider-Man 3
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Can I ask what it is about SM1 you dislike so much?

I just didn't like how the origin was handled. I found alot of it cliche. I wasn't that fond of Tobey as Peter. And there were certain things that i wanted to be more grounded. For example i was never that sold on how fast peter got the hang of web-swinging when chasing down the gunmen. I don't care the CGI wasn't always that great. And I don't mind some suspension of disbelief. But i kinda wanted to see a slightly more believable progression. Not just being able to do something when it was convenient to the plot. And that just always bugged me.

By the time SM2 came alone, i remember thinking well the origin is out of the way so he can just be Spider-man now. The origin won't be there to be rushed through. It can just be a spider-man story.

The CGI, the cool poses or the visuals were not all it was about for me. it was about whether i could relate or connect to that version of Spidey. and i couldn't

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"