World Which film had the best swinging scenes??

It was not irrelevant to our original argument in which you were NOT a part of, then you decided to interrupt taking everything out of context.

The real context is that your little friend tried to diminish the Oscar SM2 received and I explained why that was a desperate move, especially 'cause his point could be used against your much loved movies as well.

You're really reaching now buddy.

It's ok to admit you're wrong sometimes :yay:

Anyways, back to the main topic......
I find the ASM films to contain much better webslinging moments. The visual effects are absolutely stunning and they seem to capture a life-like Spider-Man. The flips and antics that he performs are exhilarating, and the rush that i experience from watching them on the big screen is absolutely priceless.
I feel the Raimi films did a fantastic job, but they don't hold a candle to the newer films that contain better cinematography and CGI.

@Keehar: Click on the triangle type thing, on the bottom left of your account name.

Edit: Not yours obviously lol. I meant the Person you wanna report.

Thanks. That was very simple. First post I've ever reported someone's post since I've joined here.

You're really reaching now buddy.

It's ok to admit you're wrong sometimes :yay:

I see you can't even come up with proper counter argument lol next time pay more attention and make sure to understand the context in which other people are arguing before you make any flawed statement.

I'm saying to you you're wrong, he was never more popular. You say there's some poll that showed different here well where is it? I bet it was made after the movie came out am I right? That's no way to judge who's better. That's when people's judgements are really clouded because they're still all dazzled by the new movie. You have to get some perspective and let some time pass. Give people a chance to digest and assess the movies, and then decide.

The new poll is more accurate and less biased. You have to accept that your beloved favorite isn't the favorite for everyone. It's not the end of the world. Get over it.

I'm not talking about the practical effects, I'm talking about the CGI. Do you think every dinosaur in JP was a big huge machine model? Do you think every space shot in 2001 was a model?

The CGI brontosaurus looked terrific and still does. It would win over any of the video game CGI in Amazing Spider-Man.

How old are you btw?

For some reason the poll was deleted. So your saying that a poll after a new movie when people are still dazed by a new movie is less accurate then a poll after a movie that people dislike a lot is more accurate that is just crazy and wrong in so many ways. I never said that ever thing in JP was practical but a lot of it was and you cant really do practical for something like sm swinging like you can for dinosaurs so that is an advantage that Jurassic park has and you are talking about one of the most revolutionary movies ever when it comes to like CGI and practice effects and no way is the brontosaurs Better CGI then asm 1 or 2 and while asm1 and 2 have really good CGI it is not a all time revolutionary CGI like Jurassic park had. It may be better then you SNES CGI of sm 1 web swinging though or maybe parts of sm2. What dose my age have to do with any thing? 25 by the way. I saw Jurassic park in 2013 when they did the rearulse in theaters so on a bigger screen and while most of it still looks sold there are a few parts that look quite worse then asm1 or 2.

asmgif3.gif

My reaction to that beautiful gif:
ec49f6a8baa3303257c98d13360fc44c.jpg

I really love the final swing to TASM, but it's still a close second to the iconic beginning swing to TASM2.

For some reason the poll was deleted. So your saying that a poll after a new movie when people are still dazed by a new movie is less accurate then a poll after a movie that people dislike a lot is more accurate that is just crazy and wrong in so many ways. I never said that ever thing in JP was practical but a lot of it was and you cant really do practical for something like sm swinging like you can for dinosaurs so that is an advantage that Jurassic park has and you are talking about one of the most revolutionary movies ever when it comes to like CGI and practice effects and no way is the brontosaurs Better CGI then asm 1 or 2 and while asm1 and 2 have really good CGI it is not a all time revolutionary CGI like Jurassic park had. It may be better then you SNES CGI of sm 1 web swinging though or maybe parts of sm2. What dose my age have to do with any thing? 25 by the way. I saw Jurassic park in 2013 when they did the rearulse in theaters so on a bigger screen and while most of it still looks sold there are a few parts that look quite worse then asm1 or 2.

I completely agree with everything you just said :D

I see you can't even come up with proper counter argument lol next time pay more attention and make sure to understand the context in which other people are arguing before you make any flawed statement.

I got what you were saying. It was easy to understand. The counter argument you got was a 40 year old movie that won an Oscar, compared to the decade old movie in a franchise that only ended 7 years ago winning an Oscar for is SFX.

You see what I mean when I said they try to deflect your argument into something it's not. When the MS sketches came out, I knew it was really over. Raimi's Spider-Man movies were stand outs in the FX field, that's why they got the highest award a movie can get for it.

Very convenient the poll being deleted. That's what I'm saying the new poll was made well after the last new movie, people have had time to gain perspective and assess it. They're not still dazzle eyed from just seeing it in the theater.

Amazing Spider-Man CGI and FX is not revolutionary or special at all. It doesn't even look that good by today's standards. When a 20 year old movie looks better than it then you know it's nothing special. Raimi's movies may be a decade old, but they hold up better than the Amazing Spider-Man fx any day.

What was it someone said that these movies haven't gotten one single award for anything at all. It's because there's nothing remarkable about them. They are just....there. They came, they went, and they left a bad taste for a lot of people.

"Their defeat was at hand"
??????? This is just pathetic. What defeat?? Is there some sort of war?? Please keep this civilized. Heck, become civilized.
The context of those drawings was mainly for humor lol which they succeeded in XD

Anyhow I'm off for one last look in the Fantastic Four Forums, then I'm signing off. But don't worry I'll be back tomorrow to check on Andrew, and any other rebuttals and MS sketches put my way.

Ciao for now.

The beginning swing scene of TASM2 reminded me of the intro flying scene in How to Train Your Dragon 2. Anyone else feel this way??

You've actually changed what you were saying 4 times now.

It honestly doesn't matter, it's a minor point.

You can keep changing the goalposts though.

Also, @ KeeKee.

I hope you find peace in your life and extinguish that firey anger inside of you :)

I got what you were saying. It was easy to understand. The counter argument you got was a 40 year old movie that won an Oscar, compared to the decade old movie in a franchise that only ended 7 years ago winning an Oscar for is SFX.

You see what I mean when I said they try to deflect your argument into something it's not. When the MS sketches came out, I knew it was really over. Raimi's Spider-Man movies were stand outs in the FX field, that's why they got the highest award a movie can get for it.

Very convenient the poll being deleted. That's what I'm saying the new poll was made well after the last new movie, people have had time to gain perspective and assess it. They're not still dazzle eyed from just seeing it in the theater.

Amazing Spider-Man CGI and FX is not revolutionary or special at all. It doesn't even look that good by today's standards. When a 20 year old movie looks better than it then you know it's nothing special. Raimi's movies may be a decade old, but they hold up better than the Amazing Spider-Man fx any day.

What was it someone said that these movies haven't gotten one single award for anything at all. It's because there's nothing remarkable about them. They are just....there. They came, they went, and they left a bad taste for a lot of people.

Even sever people talked about how the poll was deleted in the tobey AG poll thread its self and asked why or asked wasn't there one before. Saying that people where dazed eyed form the new movie but yet people not like asm2 made no inpact at all is a very biase thing to say and even though asm1 was some what liked it still wasn't consider has good has sm 1-2 and yet people where still liking AG a lot lot more. If asm2 had been consider good there wouldn't even be any talk about tobey being better at all has ever one would like AG better. 20 year old movies do not look better at all.

You've actually changed what you were saying 4 times now.

It honestly doesn't matter, it's a minor point.

You can keep changing the goalposts though.

Also, @ KeeKee.

I hope you find peace in your life and extinguish that firey anger inside of you :)

I haven't changed anything, especially considering I've quoted myself several times to prove my point yet you still fail to understand lmao

Spiderman2, that deleted thread you're talking about was made right after TASM's release in 2012. That's why it had over 150 votes on it. All the traffic that went through the forum because of the movie's release. Andrew was the new 'It' boy, and the shininess of his newness swayed a lot of people.

Same thing happened with Spider-Man 3. Look at the poll for the rate and review Spider-Man 3 thread:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=270765&highlight=review

Over eleven hundred votes and the bulk of them (nearly 900) give it a 7 or higher. A lot of fans were just drinking the kool aid, just like they were with Garfield's Peter post TASM.

Same with TASM 2. Only 200 votes on this one by comparison to SM-3 (less interest in this franchise after seeing the weak TASM), but again the majority of the votes (135 out of 200) rate it a 7 or higher:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=477303

Now months later after the dust has settled, ratings for it are dropping, because people now see how flawed it is, just like with Garfield. Sorry I know this is off topic to the web swinging topic, but you're wrong about all this blind hatred towards the new movies that you keep saying. I wanted to prove it.

Just so everyone knows....the childish arguing and name calling has been brought to my attention...I am going through the thread....it doesn't look good for some of you. I really suggest you guys learn to post civilly. You can debate, discuss, and argue things without the name calling and insults.

SHH has finally jumped the shark

I'm all for the whole "personal opinion" thing but oh my, I'm really genuinely shocked that people think Spider-Man 2 had better webslinging than TASM and TASM2.

I've entered the Tobey Zone

Yes, it can be shocking for children when they learn that there are people in the world who actually do not agree with everything they do....it's called life.

Yes, it can be shocking for children when they learn that there are people in the world who actually do not agree with everything they do....it's called life.

I fully understand the concept of opinions and all that

Was experiencing some serious cognitive dissonance when I posted that and to be honest I still am.

Cannot really comprehend it, which is a bit of a poor reflection myself, but I considered it a bit more of an "objective" thing than most.

That's been proven wrong as the days go on.

Spiderman2, that deleted thread you're talking about was made right after TASM's release in 2012. That's why it had over 150 votes on it. All the traffic that went through the forum because of the movie's release. Andrew was the new 'It' boy, and the shininess of his newness swayed a lot of people.

Same thing happened with Spider-Man 3. Look at the poll for the rate and review Spider-Man 3 thread:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=270765&highlight=review

Over eleven hundred votes and the bulk of them (nearly 900) give it a 7 or higher. A lot of fans were just drinking the kool aid, just like they were with Garfield's Peter post TASM.

Same with TASM 2. Only 200 votes on this one by comparison to SM-3 (less interest in this franchise after seeing the weak TASM), but again the majority of the votes (135 out of 200) rate it a 7 or higher:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=477303

Now months later after the dust has settled, ratings for it are dropping, because people now see how flawed it is, just like with Garfield. Sorry I know this is off topic to the web swinging topic, but you're wrong about all this blind hatred towards the new movies that you keep saying. I wanted to prove it.

Has nothing to do with drinking the kool aid effect of being the new guy. Yeah sm3 and asm2 didn't get great reviews but even when the movie first came out there was a lot of negativity towards the movie and that was when the movie was new. How can you say that it had to do with being new but then say that the over all reception that asm2 had no impact on it either? That is a double standard. Even the worst creatit reviews praised AG and even most people on hear did to right up in till after asm2 came out. So what changed people didn't like the movie so there for its clodying there judgment about him and about other things has again even the worst creadist praised AG in asm2 but yet with all the praise he got you would never now that when you look at reviews and opinions on hear.

after reading the last several pages, I'm laughing under my mask and spewing... THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

giphy-1.gif

after reading the last several pages, I'm laughing under my mask and spewing... THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

It's both entertaining and sad. Somehow I stumbled into a playground and found humor in watching a couple of kids throwing sand at each other and saying "my dad could beat up yours!"

On topic: IMO, cgi is not a valid criteria for choosing the movie that had the best swinging sequences/scenes.

Huh... well I certainly missed a lot in here last night. :funny:

TASM1 had the most realistic swinging, no doubt about it. it was specifically designed to capture Spidey's weight and momentum, to make for a more realistic swinging experience (notice the first person scenes)
spideycomparison2-gif.gif

Now instead of comparing TASM1 to the Raimi films, how about we compare TASM2 to the Raimi films?
3806390-4210528981-isj95.gif

7gr46_zps95815901.gif

7mbj3_zpsc5d352a2.gif

tumblr_n52dk1Mv7S1roja8qo1_500.gif

AC-Spidey2-Score85.gif

TASM2 had Raimi-esque swinging anyways, but worse.
spiderman-swing-o.gif

1476320_o.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"