Which Film Had the Better Trailer? Pirates or Spider-Man (or Shrek)?

Yeah but I was still meh, throughout the whole thing. I didn't see it in the movies, DVD, rental. I might watch it on cable, but I definitelly not going to go out of my way for it.

Honestly, LS, you shouldn't be too critical of people's post even if it's one of your favorites. I mean remember the definition of epic arguement? I think saying epic is a bold statement. You have to respect people's opinions. There are some people who are going to say they aren't interested in Godfather, Wizard of Oz or Star Wars. Movies most people agree on.

Yeah but I was still meh, throughout the whole thing. I didn't see it in the movies, DVD, rental. I might watch it on cable, but I definitelly not going to go out of my way for it.

Honestly, LS, you shouldn't be too critical of people's post even if it's one of your favorites. I mean remember the definition of epic arguement? I think saying epic is a bold statement. You have to respect people's opinions. There are some people who are going to say they aren't interested in Godfather, Wizard of Oz or Star Wars. Movies most people agree on.

I never said I don't respect his opinion (but honestly when Piratelord speaks his opinion is not respected to much on here so do what you say, I would say) All I was saying was that, I saw his name was SlySpidey entering a debate between Spiderman v Pirates, I would have beat 10 million bucks what he was going to go with

that was all, granted we kind of turned into that a bit, never ment to go down that raod with it, just saying initially I was just like "i will kill myself if this guy isn't for spiderman thats how much I garuntee it"

Well you have to remember the difference between SlySpidey's and PirateLord's posts is SlySpidey so far hasn't been antagonistic or trollish while PirateLord has repeatedly insulted Spidey 3. Sly as far as I can tell hasn't say anything really insulting, he just said it didn't interest him. It'd be different if he said "sux" or whatnot. Just because of his name, you shouldn't jump to conclusions of the thoughts behind his posts.

its like 2 seconds long, for me, yeah that shot is sweet, but I wanna see how they get up there, and what happens around them

thats where I say, really? not interested at all? not the least bit?

Erz MI-3 the trailer did very little for me, but the bridge thing when cruise like does the action movie jump as the missle hits the bridge and gets sent back, that interest me, just that little second, and I saw the movie because of it, and I loved it, that is more so what I mean

there are always gunna be trailers that don't work for you, but to say you are completely not interested in something is a bold statement imo, like TMNT I hated every minute of the trailer, but hey its still the trutles it can't suck that bad

what i said about it being uninteresting shouldnt be taken too literally. i just don't see anything special. i'm sure it'll be a good movie, and ill watch it in theaters, because I like action movies but other than that....

Ya know on second veiwing I think Transformers actually has a better trailer than both

...(good point btw Erz)

You know I can't wait for the sequel thread 'Which film was better Spidy 3, Pirates 3 or Sherk 3' - that thread will be more interesting lol.

Even without seeing them yet I know which film I would put my money on for the best one lol.

SM 3 was really good. Shrek 3 was meh. POTC 3 though, really had me pumped.

For me, I'll see all three films, but POTC 3 really was the one that really stood out for me.

I think the spider-man 3 trailer was the best

I just saw Pirates 3 trailer for first time today. I actually thought it was very,very good trailer. I personally didn't like Pirates 2,but seeing this trailer makes me definately wanna go see the third.
I haven't seen Shrek 3 trailers yet,but I guess I will go take a gander at it.

Trust me, these predictions are the most accurate:

Spider-Man 3
Weekend: $80-90 Million
Domestic: $300-350 Million
Worldwide: $700-750 Million

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Weekend: $140-150 Million
Domestic: $450-480 Million
Worldwide: $1.5 Billion

Shrek 3(Shrek 3 will be a let down...compared to Shrek 2)
Weekend: $50-70 Million
Domestic: $215-250 Million
Worldwide: $400-450 Million

Harry Potter 5
Weekend: $85-95 Million
Domestic: $250-300 Million
Worldwide: $800-900 Million (HP makes most of it's money overseas)

Transformers
Weekend: $45-55 Million
Domestic: $130-150 Million
Worldwide: $320-330 Million

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Weekend: $60-70 Million
Domestic: $150-175 Million
Worldwide: $330-350 Million

What's more humorous about that SM3 prediction is that you think it will only open within the $85 million range, but still go on to have great legs and reach past $300 million, despite the competition in the month?

:huh:

I wouldn't underestimate Shrek 3 too much PirateLord.

What's more humorous about that SM3 prediction is that you think it will only open within the $85 million range, but still go on to have great legs and reach past $300 million, despite the competition in the month?
:huh:

Umm..and OK SM2 opened w/ 88 Million and made 370 something...i am basing my estimated off of franchises past performance and whether or not i believe the movie has enough stamina presently to surpast it's last film...

Umm..and OK SM2 opened w/ 88 Million and made 370 something..

That 88 million was for the Friday-Sunday, not counting the fact that the film opened on a WEDNESDAY and had netted $63 million before the weekend.

Spider-Man 3

Spider-man 3 will easily make over 100 million opening weekend.

i just have a feeling SM3 wont make as much as the 2nd one...
And we all know that feeling is based on your love for Pirates. Why don't you give a good reason why Spider-Man 3 will make less than 2?

Trust me, these predictions are the most accurate:

Spider-Man 3

Shrek 3(Shrek 3 will be a let down...compared to Shrek 2)
Weekend: $50-70 Million
Domestic: $215-250 Million
Worldwide: $400-450 Million

No.

One reason would be there's alot tougher competition.

I mean Shrek 2 beat spiderman 2, now you also have to add in another billion dollar grossing franchise film, AWE.

I mean Shrek 2 beat spiderman 2, now you also have to add in another billion dollar grossing franchise film, AWE.

Shrek 2 and Spidey 2 "never crossed paths". The two films were released well over a month apart.

One reason would be there's alot tougher competition.

True, but SM3 does have 2 weeks to itself, the period where these types of movies tend to collect the majority of their box office gross.

I agree. I believe the race will be so tight between Spiderman and AWE, it will be alot of fun for us movie-fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"