Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Still between both movies the best 5 seconds is when Thor regains Mjolnir in the first movie and stands in the classic Thor pose with hammer above head, great music in that scene too.

:up:, Thats why I still prefer the 1st movie personally, it has powerful and emotional moments the sequel just cannot match.

Thor 1 was my favorite. For all the reasons stated above

....where? That was your first post lol

Welcome aboard by the way!!!

Its a shame for me personally that Marvel has yet to make a sequel that bettered the original, when you consider between 2000-2008 all comic book sequels improved on their originals to most people, Blade II, X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, FF2, Hellboy II and TDK all improved on their 1st movies and yet Marvel cant achieve that with their own characters.

I just dont think they are aiming high enough with their sequels, and this is why they cant improve on the originals, IMO anyway. Iron Man 2, 3, and now Thor 2 couldnt improve on the critics score of their predecessors either.

Its a shame for me personally that Marvel has yet to make a sequel that bettered the original, when you consider between 2000-2008 all comic book sequels improved on their originals to most people, Blade II, X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, FF2, Hellboy II and TDK all improved on their 1st movies and yet Marvel cant achieve that with their own characters.

I just dont think they are aiming high enough with their sequels, and this is why they cant improve on the originals, IMO anyway. Iron Man 2, 3, and now Thor 2 couldnt improve on the critics score of their predecessors either.

I have to believe that the sequel to cap will be better because the first one wasnt any good and the previews look pretty damn good.

I have to believe that the sequel to cap will be better because the first one wasnt any good and the previews look pretty damn good.

Hopefully, I mean the 1st Cap has grown on me a lot over the last couple of years so I actually think its a good movie now. And the sequel does look great, but so did Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 based on their trailers, and they both okay, but nothing amazing.

The First Avenger is my favorite Marvel Studios film so far. The more I watch it, the more I love it.

Hmmm I'm not a big fan of the First Avengers and its not really a hard movie to top but I'm not expecting The Winter Soldier to better simply because Marvel Studios failed with Iron Man 2/Thor 2 topping its predecessors.

Very debatable.

Also very debatable.

In terms of story? Probably the first film. But I found TDW to be more entertaining.

QFT.

I doubt Caps 2 will be better than the first in my opinion. I love WW2 caps and thats been done very well. I don't like the new suit etc. So I have low expectations.

Technically The Avengers is a sequel, and that was better received and many consider it to be better than the Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk solo films.

This is the silliest thing I've ever read.
half of the movies you listed suck. Blade 2? Above average. Spider-man 2? most overrated CBM of all time. ff2, hellboy2? hhahahahahahahah awful.

Thor 2 was awesome and was alot better in terms of cinematography then Iron Man 2 and 3. It's not even close. Better plot, better vilians, less plot holes, great character development.

Thor 2 best CBM this year, which really isn't saying much.

all time? I have it listed here:

1) TDK
2) X-Men First Class
3) Avengers
4) Thor Dark World

Thor. It is missing the visual polish, but its story is holds true.

Thor 2 was better in just about every department except story and characters also Thor 1 was less cheesy and didn't force comedy in moments it didn't belong. So definitely Thor 1

Thor 2 was better in just about every department except story and characters also Thor 1 was less cheesy and didn't force comedy in moments it didn't belong. So definitely Thor 1
So basically, the important bits. :funny:

The First Avenger is my favorite Marvel Studios film so far. The more I watch it, the more I love it.

I didnt like it for a long time, I watched it about 5 times and could never get into it at all, then I saw Avengers, and watched Cap again, and loved it, and have loved it more since.

Hmmm I'm not a big fan of the First Avengers and its not really a hard movie to top but I'm not expecting The Winter Soldier to better simply because Marvel Studios failed with Iron Man 2/Thor 2 topping its predecessors.

Yeah, MS seem to have trouble making sequels that bettered the 1st movies, which is a shame, I personally think its because they arent aiming high enough with them.

Very debatable.

I was talking about the critical receptions they got and my own personal views, hence why I started with "I personally." I realise not everyone will share my views of course.

Technically The Avengers is a sequel, and that was better received and many consider it to be better than the Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk solo films.

Yeah TA is technically a sequel, as it furthered the stories of each character, but at the same time it didnt really develop them and their worlds on an individual lever, so I was just talking about the direct sequels from Marvel so far.

Same here. I can watch that film and never tire of it. The same with IM1. With Thor, I like the characters in the film but I kind of have to be in the right mood since the movie drags in places, even though it's story/plot is pretty solid and airtight.

Thor 2 by just a bit. The characters were still very strong and the stakes were higher and it had a bigger scope.

I like the first movie better. It had superior world building, more narrative, more tension, and fewer dumb jokes.

The Dark World... by A WIDE MARGIN!! This really was the Thor movie I've been waiting for!

No its not.

Gonna have to go with T:TDW after finally watching the film earlier, it improved just about everything except the story. Better action, character interactions, performances, cinematography, and scope.

Ormg Kurse is one of the biggest badasses in cbm history!

There are somethings in Thor 1 that are better than Thor 2 but overall Thor 2 is a better movie.

The Dark World. Thor was seriously lacking in action (let alone interesting, creative action) and this one topped it. The first 30 minutes of Thor was awesome. And this one felt a lot like that. I hope the next one can top this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"