Which Films are your surprised haven't been remade?

So the remake is dead? I remember an article where they claimed they were doing both, continuing the series on the DTV market while trying over with a slightly bigger budget on the big screen (but I think Brad Dourif was still attached to both.)

They did talk about doing two different films at a convention , but this new film (Curse of Chucky) doesn't feature Tiffany and is considered a reboot.

Weird Science seems like something that's fit for a remake.
Yeah that would be cool especially with the more hi-tech computers today and would they pick an already established hot actress or a new hot girl?

But lets not leave the females out either maybe they'd like to see a version of WS with girls trying to create the perfect man.

I think Kurosawa's One Wonderful Sunday could be remade.

West Side Story

I'd rather see that from that Moulin Rouge director than a lot of the things he's put out.

Actually I believe the gunslingers were getting paid $20 a piece in The Magnificent 7. It was the fact that they were willing to work for so little. It was in The Seven Samurai where they were simply offered room and board.

Mercs vs Gangsters? I suppose that could work. Maybe the cartel forces the young men in the village to work in their cocain/poppy fields as slave labour, harvesting their crops. They can maybe offer the mercs whatever riches the Boss has in his mansion to entice them?

You can certainly get most of the template characters from the story in this scenario. The wise leader, the veteran who lost his nerve, the greedy one who's sure there's more to it, the good hearted one who's there because it's right, the annoying one that no one likes but is very skilled, the old pro who's there for the challenge.

But what about the youngster who wants to be like the others? In Seven Samurai it was the young Samurai who asked to be apprenticed by the wize one that first agreed. In Magnificent 7 it was the young gunslinger who worshipped Yule Brenner's character. In Battle Beyond The Stars it was the guy who went out seeking warriors to save his planet from invasion. In Mystery Men it was Invisible Boy. How would you team up a young soldier with a bunch of old timers and make it work within the context of the story? I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I'm just wondering how that last part would work.

Well they needn't be the exact carbon copies of the character types, there's room for maneuver and I think it's likely that any modern remake would feature a female character, perhaps the daughter of one of the vets who is a marine herself signs up without them initially knowing in order to prove herself to her father.

Well they needn't be the exact carbon copies of the character types, there's room for maneuver and I think it's likely that any modern remake would feature a female character, perhaps the daughter of one of the vets who is a marine herself signs up without them initially knowing in order to prove herself to her father.

True, not every character has to have a carbon copy of the originals. But there always seems to be three that tend to be recreated. The wise one, the young one, and the one no one really wants around.

In The Seven Samurai, the wise one was the one who disguised himself as a monk to kill a band of kidnappers.

In The Magnificant Seven it was Yule Brenner's character.

In The Mystery Men it was The Sphinx.

In The Seven Samurai, the unwanted tag along was the peasant with the nodachi.

In Battle Beyond The Stars it was the Valkyrie showing all the cleavage.

In The Mystery Men, it was The Spleen.

In The Magnificant Seven, the eager youth was also the unwanted tag along.

Every version has a few characters which don't fall into any particular template. Space Cowboy (played by George "Hannibal" Peppard) in Battle Beyond The Stars comes to mind. But the Eager Youth always seems to be a constant. I like your idea of The Eager Youth being the son or daughter of one of the mercs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"