Which Films are your surprised haven't been remade?

I always wanted to see Tony Scott's remake of The Warriors, set in Los Angeles.

I believe their plans for that one were scrapped. I didn't so much mind the idea of changing locales from NYC to LA, but losing all the funky gimmic gangs (Baseball Furies, The Orphans, etc) in favor of real life gangs (Bloods & Crips) killed it.

And frankly, are there any really diverse gangs anymore? It would just be a bunch of black and latino dudes. White people have lost their gangbanger roots.

And frankly, are there any really diverse gangs anymore? It would just be a bunch of black and latino dudes. White people have lost their gangbanger roots.

There's still the Hell's Angels and affiliates. But if the remake had gone ahead as planned, then yeah, it would've been just blacks and latinos in only two gangs. For The Warriors to work, you need to have dozens of gangs between the meeting and their home turf. And the protagonists in the movie should be a gang called THE WARRIORS! Otherwise it's just a remake of Colors or Boyz In Da Hood (which, come to think of it, could both be remade as well and probably be successful).

My Newsies revival gang will make you pay for that comment. :o

Betty Boop in general.I'm surprised there hasn't been an animated movie based on her by now or atleast a new TV show.

The Jetsons is another one.

Also I'm surprised Metropolis hasn't been touched.

I'm surprised there haven't been more remakes of B movies like The Deadly Mantis, Them!, or The Giant Claw.

They working on Westworld supposedly.

Who's involved in the potential remake

Technically they've already done that with Mystery Men, changing cowboys into superheroes.

But if you were to do a non-superhero version of the story, set in modern times, how would you go about doing it? One doesn't exactly hire gunslingers to get rid of bandits anymore. And even if they were to do so, what modern day mercenary would work for free?

Maybe make it more modern but still set in the past? Maybe a neighborhood is being terrorized by gangsters during The Depression. They hire ex-cops/soldiers to chase them off, offering whatever valuables they have left as payment. That would explain the "working for almost nothing" angle (during The Depression, ANYTHING was better than nothing).

Back in the old west days it was just as unlikely that hired guns work for free, that's the hook of the Magnificent Seven, it's a bunch of loner gunslingers coming together to do something good in their gray lives.

This scenario could easily be updated to a group of older mercs made up of former Marine's and Seals wanting to restore some honor. You could set it in modern day Mexico with them going up against a Cartel.

Could happen in 2015, with a teenager going back to 1985. His parents will probably listen to heavy metal or synth pop bands then.
What will be the shocking difference between the years? Certainly not rock & roll, one cool thing in the first film?
Cell phones? Computers? "Emo" fashion? I know the latter is already outdated, but it is still a cultural difference.
And if there's a sequel. Will he travel to 2045 too?

The possibilities are endless when it comes to time travel. I guess the joke would be the kid not being able to function without a cell phone /internet.

They can't just remake anything they want despite the fact they almost have by now.

BTTF is too well known and the actors who played the roles are too iconic. So they might do a half-assed 'sequel' IE quasi-remake but even that might still fail so I highly doubt it.

I thought the same thing about The Karate Kid.

Agreed on Westworld.

If Cruise gets the Magnificent Seven remake done I think they should update it to modern day in the same way that the Feudal Japan set version was moved to the Wild West.

The Birds was set to be remade with Naomi Watts in the lead and Martin Campbell directing.

I like the idea of modernizing the Magnificent Seven. They would have to get a great cast and hopefully not be compared to the Expendables.

Naomi would of been a great lead for The Birds. I'm surprised that fell apart.

Poltergeist (especially considering horror movies is the genre that probably gets most remakes)

I'm pretty sure I'm veerrrryyyy surprised that Jaws hasn't been remade yet. My soul is still purified until that day.

Yeah not even close. Karate Kid is nothing more than nostalgia love plus the remake was better

I just want to see a faithful adaptation of the WONDERFUL Wizard of Oz. The way things are going at Disney that can still happen in the foreseeable future. At least they can steer clear of all those things that WB won't let Disney use like the Ruby Slippers for example. That can be easily avoided by reverting to the Silver Slippers like in the book.

Oh and leave Back to the Future well alone I say!!

I think we're long overdue for a Flash Gordon remake.

I havent seen Where Eagles Dare in a looong time. What a great piece of entertainment .-The twists and turns are funny as hell. And the final escape in almost real time ...just fantastic.

I'm pretty sure I'm veerrrryyyy surprised that Jaws hasn't been remade yet. My soul is still purified until that day.

Personally I have a feeling that no one will touch Spielbergs movies. At least not as long as he's still alive.

The Exorcist, Child's Play, an american remake of Inside, and An American Werewolf In London with a Twilight-esque spin. I'm surprised none of these have been officially announced yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"