First Avenger which Invaders do you want for First Avenger Captain America?

No in 2006 Universal was going to make a feature film about him. All of Universal's Marvel properties have lapsed and the properties reverted back to Marvel.

I'm sure people will hate on me for this but I think Christian Bale would make an exceptional Namor.

And speaking of Namor... do you guys think they're going to tie in his race with the Asgaurdians? Namor is not so dissimilar from them really. And I doubt we'll be getting his mutant origin. Where will his super-man like powers come from?

I'm sure people will hate on me for this but I think Christian Bale would make an exceptional Namor.

And speaking of Namor... do you guys think they're going to tie in his race with the Asgaurdians? Namor is not so dissimilar from them really. And I doubt we'll be getting his mutant origin. Where will his super-man like powers come from?

I dont see it.

Namor's powers come from him being a hybrid human/atlantean

I would kind of like all of them... if they ever had a shot in the film that was similar to the final two pages of Marvels where all the Invaders descend upon the bad guys. But if I have to pick just four...

Jim Hammond/Human Torch
Toro
Bucky
Namor

I dont see it.

Namor's powers come from him being a hybrid human/atlantean
I thought his powers come from him being a mutant. I mean I know he is an Atlantean/Human hybrid but isn't he far more powerful than the Atlanteans because he is a mutant?

I don't see that happening in the movie. I think it is far more likely that the Atlanteans will in some way be related to the Asgaurdians, as will any other marvel deity-like races we see in future films. I could definitely see it. Or maybe they could even make him an Atlantean/Asgaurdian hybrid?

Last edited:
Asgard and Atlantis can be connected in this way. We know there are 9 realms. Odin is the leader of Asgard while Thor might be considered the prince of that realm, Zeus is the leader of Olympus while Hercules is the prince of that realm, and Poseidon can be viewed as the ruler of Atlantis while Namor would be the prince of that realm. Now I realize in comics that Poseidon created Atlantis, but he did not directly create Namor. I realize that Namor was created by a human sea captain and an atlanteen princess, but I still don't think it would be too far of a stretch to make him a direct descendent of Poseidons, and therefore equating him to both Hercules and Thor. Also this would give an easy reason for his name sake being "Prince" Namor.

Just a thought.

Surfer

I thought his powers come from him being a mutant. I mean I know he is an Atlantean/Human hybrid but isn't he far more powerful than the Atlanteans because he is a mutant?

I don't see that happening in the movie. I think it is far more likely that the Atlanteans will in some way be related to the Asgaurdians, as will any other marvel deity-like races we see in future films. I could definitely see it. Or maybe they could even make him an Atlantean/Asgaurdian hybrid?

Namor is more of a hybrid than a mutant. Namor has the combined abilities of his parents...able to breathe both air and water, great strength.

Namor's "mutant" abilities are the wings and flight. Namor hasnt been clasified as Homo Superior until one day someone at Marvel wanted him to be.

I think its far more easier to explain that he is a hybrid human/atlantean than tying it into Asgard or Olympus....explain that there are more than just one race of man and use that as an explanation for the Inhumans

Asgard and Atlantis can be connected in this way. We know there are 9 realms. Odin is the leader of Asgard while Thor might be considered the prince of that realm, Zeus is the leader of Olympus while Hercules is the prince of that realm, and Poseidon can be viewed as the ruler of Atlantis while Namor would be the prince of that realm. Now I realize in comics that Poseidon created Atlantis, but he did not directly create Namor. I realize that Namor was created by a human sea captain and an atlanteen princess, but I still don't think it would be too far of a stretch to make him a direct descendent of Poseidons, and therefore equating him to both Hercules and Thor. Also this would give an easy reason for his name sake being "Prince" Namor.

Just a thought.

Surfer

but we know that none of the 9 realms apply to Olympus.

Just a thought.

Surfer

I'm not sue if that would be the right way to go about it. Atlantis is just an island. Bumping it up to a "realm"--essentially a universe--would be a bit much.

I'm not sue if that would be the right way to go about it. Atlantis is just an island. Bumping it up to a "realm"--essentially a universe--would be a bit much.

exactly and I would hate for all of the Marvel movies to turn into Six degrees of Odin

Well the writers of the Thor movie mentioned how the portal to Olympus was in the mountains of Greece, so they could easily have a portal to the waterworld of Atlantis under the ocean. It may not be what's in the comics, but it would fall more in line with the movies and wouldn't change the core of the characters.

when did they mention Olympus???

*Salivates*

Anyone who's been on the Thor threads of late knows how much I want to see references to the Olympic gods in Thor.

I'd really like to see Namor in this along with Union Jack and the Human Torch.

I haven't heard of anyone else on the Thor thread confirming Olympus will be mentioned. However, I think it would be cool if they did decide to reference it in this 1st movie, then perhaps we could get Hercules in a sequel (if not the 2nd maybe the 3rd movie) should it do well enough. It would be fun to have them battle at first and then maybe team up against a greater threat later. As for your comment roach regarding six degrees of Odin. I hear what your saying, and I get where your coming from. However, it seems Marvel is trying to tie in these movies wherever possible, in an effort to make people want to see the other movie that connects to it's story. Therefore, I am not saying it is the correct way, better way, or even the easier way to explain Namor's origins, but simply it is another way Marvel can possibly tie the movies together.

Surfer

I am all for tying in all the movies but I dont want everything in every movie to be originated from Odin. That way if Thor sucks or doesnt do as well as people expected Namor(or other properties) doesnt suffer from it

No in 2006 Universal was going to make a feature film about him. All of Universal's Marvel properties have lapsed and the properties reverted back to Marvel.

You don't know how many times I have argued that point! People just insist that Fox owns the rights to Namor but they never did and I'm sure now that Disney owns Marvel, they never will. Namor is owned by Marvel now and the reference in IM2 should have been a clear sign as such.

You don't know how many times I have argued that point! People just insist that Fox owns the rights to Namor but they never did and I'm sure now that Disney owns Marvel, they never will. Namor is owned by Marvel now and the reference in IM2 should have been a clear sign as such.

probably as much as I have

Sorry guys if I am a little slow on the uptake, but what was the reference to Namor in Iron Man 2. I must have missed it.

Thanks!

Surfer

Sorry guys if I am a little slow on the uptake, but what was the reference to Namor in Iron Man 2. I must have missed it.

Thanks!

Surfer

before the movie came out Fav's mentioned to watch the screens in the shield safe house with Fury and Stark.
In the warehouse is the newsfootage from TIH
The there is a screen with a map of the world on it. Several spots around the world were highlighted.
The screen had the westcoast of America highlighted(Iron Man is based in Malibu)
Another spot had the midwest highlighted(where Thor is supposed to take place)
another spot was the east coast and most of the TIH took place there
3 other spots were highlighted.
One in the middle of the Atlantic(assuming Namor)
One in Africa where Wakanda is supposed to be located in Marvel Earth(Black Panther)
and One other in Europe somewhere(could be Cap or someone else)

Thanks roach for the information. I will have to check it out when it becomes available on DVD. Now I have something else to look forward to seeing, I do love easter eggs.

Surfer

Lol :) Just read above my question was already answered.

I didn't mean that it was mentioned in the film, but in the interview with the writers didn't they mention that this is the way it works in the marvel universe and the movie?

I'm not sure though and I don't want to re-watch it.

I have never heard of any mention of Olympus myself in any of the articles I have read or videos I have seen, where they are discussing the movie with the actors, directors and or writers. However, it's entirely possible I could have missed something, so does anyone else know if there has been anything officially mentioned with regards to Olympus?

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"