Days of Future Past Which is better: X2 or First Class?

I don't see why we can't have both? I'd love a sequel to First Class and a proper Singer sequel to X2.

Absolutely. I've always hoped for X4 but after seeing FC I want to know what happens to Havok , Banshee , etc.

X2: X-men United but it's not a blow out.

X-men: First Class was great and probably better than X-men and definitely better than X3: The Last Stand and X-men Origins: Wolverine.

-R

If there Is a X4 it will probally do as First Class did and Ignore The Last Stand especilly If Bryan Singer Is directing.I am willing to bet he was the one who came up with the Idea
Lauren Shuller Donner says Fox liked.She didn't change her tone from No plans for X4 to talking about untill Bryan was Involved with First Class.And it Is likely If X4 gets off the ground they will use Days of future past as the starting point.In march I finally brought X-Men God Loves man Kills and you can defently see the Inspiration It gave to X2.If we could do the same with Days of future past we would have a great film.I also will bet If It happens Rogue would get Kitty's part In a film adaption.

If X4 doesn't happen and we only get 2 first Class sequels as well as The Wolverine and
Deadpool I can live with that.And If for some reason Vaughn wouldn't want to do a third film set In 1980's or mid to late 1970's Bryan could set In to direct that allowing him to actully direct an X-Men film again.From what Vaughn has said I don't expect the sequel with him as director to jump too far ahead.It will be eather late 1960's or early 1970's.Just Imagne using backdrop of Vietnam and unrest In America.We also have chance to really see Magneto launching attacks on Government.A third film set In 1980's In the time of reagan and the begining of end of Cold war would work too.Bryan's Idea of weaving the X-Men world Into real History was a brillent move.

If there's a First Class sequel (and that remains to be seen), for me the bigger priority of who should return is a no brainer. Singer.

Vaughn got a free pass for The Last Stand when he developed the story with the writers, cast most of the major new characters for that film and then vacated at the 11th hour. Fanboys are too stupid to understand that when all they wanna do is blame everything on Ratner. To be fair, he did a good here.

But this is so clearly Singer at work more than anything. I'd heard that he had been the one calling the shots here and that's easy to see in this final product.

Agreed. My main reaction after seeing First Class was "Bryan Singer, don't you ever leave this franchise again." :argh:

To be fair, Vaughn's cast was pretty damn good. Kelsey Grammer as Beast and Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut were awesome choices. Though Ratner also casting Ellen Page as Shadowcat was also cool.

X-Men: The Last Standing's problems don't lie with Ratner or Vaughn, it lies mostly with 20th Century Fox wanting a sequel right away and their demands to kill of characters like Cyclops and Xavier. If given more time and if Fox didn't interfere as much, I think we could have gotten a much better film, even with Ratner at the helm.

One regret about removing the Last Stand from cannon Is Kelsey Grammer and Ellen Page(best thing to come from Ratner) no longer part of official series.Vinnie Jones was good choice they just wrote him terrably.

FOx wanting to Kill off Cyclops(In fact the writers had to fight to even Include Cyclops In the film.Fox wanted him killed offscreen between films originally) and Xavier started the problem.Vaughn's cowritten draft that was reviewed actully had some things that would have Improved.Ratner has made one decent film(Red Dragon.Some don't like It since It IS a remake of Manhunter) he was best known for Rush Hour films.hardly has exceperence with quality films.

One regret about Wolverine being Ignored Is Liev Schreiber(I may be misspelling It don't attack me) I thought was great as Sabretooth.And really seemed a lot like Sabretooth from the comics to some extent.

I loved Liev Schrieber in the Wolverine movie. I hate that we probably won't see him again in another movie, either. Same goes for Kelsey Grammer's Beast.

I agree . Liev was great , as was Kelsey. It's a shame we might not see either of them in these films again.

First Class is one of the better comic book films I've seen in far to long of a time. I must say I very much enjoyed it. Maybe because originally before the first few trailers I had such low expectations for it, that I'm suprised how well it turned out. Personally I think it made a fantastic use its setting, era wise.

Also as prequel, it justified it's existence. So often prequels get made, and its just like, why do I want to see this? And sometimes knowing where they started takes away from the characters, but in this, the stories and most importantly the characterizations and motivations of Xavier and Magneto are absolutely fantastic and bring a lot to the characters. I dig it.
Did I dig it more than X-Men 2? Tough to say, I'd have to see it again. X2 I've watched dozens of times over the past 8 years. First Class I just saw an hour ago. I must say though, just the opening fight with nightcrawler is fantastic. I also love the part where they go to Iceman's family's house, though its rather heart breaking really.

Tough to say. For the time being I'll say X2 but that is absolutely no slight against First Class.

When I first saw XMFC, I didn't even think it was on X2's level. I saw it again tonight and now I think it's definitely on the same level and maybe, just maybe a little bit higher!

This is really the only way I see a post-The Last Stand sequel working. If done well, a Days Of Future Past type sequel would go a long ways in undoing damage caused by X-Men: The Last Stand while allowing for future sequels.

That idea would be AWESOME. It would take some judicious re-writing and paring down for a workable film, though.

X-Men: The Last Standing's problems don't lie with Ratner or Vaughn, it lies mostly with 20th Century Fox wanting a sequel right away and their demands to kill of characters like Cyclops and Xavier. If given more time and if Fox didn't interfere as much, I think we could have gotten a much better film, even with Ratner at the helm.

Thank you. I watched X3 last night and I'm still surprised at the flack it gets. Sure, it's rushed and not everyone gets decent focus -- but it's a lot better than the utterly pitiful Wolverine. At least Ratner tried his best for continuity and close things off with a bang. And after seeing First Class and what could've been -- oh, the possibilities.

First Class. It's actually my favorite Marvel film ever. But X2 is right underneath it. They are very close. Both are amazing films anyway.

If there's a First Class sequel (and that remains to be seen), for me the bigger priority of who should return is a no brainer. Singer.

Vaughn got a free pass for The Last Stand when he developed the story with the writers, cast most of the major new characters for that film and then vacated at the 11th hour. Fanboys are too stupid to understand that when all they wanna do is blame everything on Ratner. To be fair, he did a good here.

But this is so clearly Singer at work more than anything. I'd heard that he had been the one calling the shots here and that's easy to see in this final product.

Sorry, but this movie actually screams Vaughn more than anything. The pacing, the clever/fun scenes, the costumes and colours, the euro vibe.

Singers (X)films were cool but this was fun meets epic in the way that gave spiderman the edge over the x series back in the day. To not give Vaughn credit for this would be just one more injustice to the guy's career.

Blame Vaughn for leaving X3 all you want, blame singer for making Returns when he pretty much had carte blanche.
(Superman Returns bullet deflection scene and significance vs Magneto first class bullet deflection scene and significance)

Sorry but Singer really is overrated.

First Class over X2

At the moment, First Class.

I liked the tone, story, and characters more than X2.

I'm just glad we have an x-film that realizes that this is an ensemble movie. Does Fassbender steal the show? Yeah...but he's not made the main character as everyone is pushed to the wayside. Vaughn knew how to use the badass character properly. The characters in FC seem more likable than the X2 characters. It was fun watching Young Xavier, Young Magneto, Beast, Havok, Mystique, etc. The story wasnt afraid to be fun at times either.

X2 has Brian Cox, while First Class has Michael Ironside. It's a tough call.

Ironside would make an awesome striker

first class is my favorite superhero film thus far...

x2 was great... it just didnt feel as much like a team film, nor did it ever really step up on the action.

I must STRONGLY disagree with people who say that Havik and Banshee didn't get character development here. I thought they were handled very well thematically and their end of movie team-up was perfect closure.

Rogue never, ever really developed much as an X-Man and was destroyed in X3. Iceman finally became Iceman in X3 only briefly. So little payoff with these characters for so much high school drama mutant-as-gay-metaphor crap.

But here we see two characters, very different in age and experience, slowly learn to focus their overwhelming powers and become competent members of the team. Havik becomes less of a dukee with his newfound purpose and young Banshee finally can spread his wings, literally.

In future movies they can further develop these characters, but at least they aren't treated like idiot children studying in the mansion and have their powers nurtured with real training. THIS is what I always wanted to see in an X-Film.

I think Rogue easily receives more development in X-Men than any of the younger mutants in First Class. Actually, I think Rogue receives more development in X-Men than most characters see throughout all 5 films. She has a clear beginning, middle, and end with regards to what her life is like before her mutation, after its onset, and after she is taken in at Xavier's school.

That said, I like what I saw of Banshee and Havok. I think Caleb Landry Jones and Lucas Till are great in their roles and provide both of their characters with pretty distinct personalities. You also make a good point about each undergoing their own change, even though it may be small. Banshee does spread his wings and Havok does become less of a jackass.

Saying that Vaughn was less involved with this production than Singer is a joke or that the latter was the one calling the "shots". Thats a flat out lie.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter because the idea itself is to ridiculous to even consider as a legitimate claim.

X2 is faaaaaar better as not one scene in First class tops wolverine and the mansion assault AT ALL. also how can we forget nightcrawlers intro...wow. nothing in first class comes close besides magneto sub lift

First Class. Best Comic Book Movie since TDK.

Watchmen was far better than First Class. At least the got most of the source material correct. WTF was first class doing as far as messing up the time line and mythos. Xavier was NOT wheel chaired that way...wtf?

I think Rogue easily receives more development in X-Men than any of the younger mutants in First Class. Actually, I think Rogue receives more development in X-Men than most characters see throughout all 5 films. She has a clear beginning, middle, and end with regards to what her life is like before her mutation, after its onset, and after she is taken in at Xavier's school.

That said, I like what I saw of Banshee and Havok. I think Caleb Landry Jones and Lucas Till are great in their roles and provide both of their characters with pretty distinct personalities. You also make a good point about each undergoing their own change, even though it may be small. Banshee does spread his wings and Havok does become less of a jackass.

anyone in this movie got used better than Cyclops ever got used...smh...stupid ifiots just ruining one of the greatest X-Men ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"