Which Venom would you prefer? [Pics]

What I'm saying is, okay at the end of part 4, Harry could suddenly remember that he had been the Green Goblin. You know that in part 5, you know they go with something kind of like Maximum Carnage, but don't bring in Doppleanger, or Shriek(I think that was her name< or Black Cat( I think she was in that) But Venom could be killed Carnage, and when it looks like Spider-Man is about to die at the hands of Carnage, Green Goblin could come out of nowhere and sacrifice himself to take out Carnage. I mainly say that, because I think otherwise that movie would lack heart.

but a fight between Venom and CArnage would look incredibly awesome. their symbiote's could be getting all tangles and everything. I totally got this mental image, of helicopters everywhere, buildings on fire, kayass in the streets, one big trashed new york, basically a bunch of Carnage.

Original
venom-old.jpg

Variation
venom-mid.jpg

These two.

Ultra-Spidey said:
Well if Venom ever gets put in a movie I got the perfect look for him, IMO. Since I don't know how to post pics i'm gonna have to ask one of you guys to see if you can get the pics and post them.

Has anyone ever seen the 13' Randy Bowen sculpted VENOM statue??? Its a full body statue where he is standing on top of some bricks/debris and below behind him Spidey is covered/hiding from Venom. IMO that is EXACTLY how I would picture Venom in 3D form.

If anyone can post pics of it, please do. Perfect looking Venom brought to life, IMO.

This?

venomstatue17vs.jpg

venomstatue22dg.jpg

Silver Sable said:
Morgoth said:
Original
venom-old.jpg

I don't get this.How can Spidey still have the black costume here if Eddie has it now? :confused:

Because his reb and blue suit was ruined. That black costume there is just black spandex.

Jason Martell said:
What I'm saying is, okay at the end of part 4, Harry could suddenly remember that he had been the Green Goblin. You know that in part 5, you know they go with something kind of like Maximum Carnage, but don't bring in Doppleanger, or Shriek(I think that was her name< or Black Cat( I think she was in that) But Venom could be killed Carnage, and when it looks like Spider-Man is about to die at the hands of Carnage, Green Goblin could come out of nowhere and sacrifice himself to take out Carnage. I mainly say that, because I think otherwise that movie would lack heart.

but a fight between Venom and CArnage would look incredibly awesome. their symbiote's could be getting all tangles and everything. I totally got this mental image, of helicopters everywhere, buildings on fire, kayass in the streets, one big trashed new york, basically a bunch of Carnage.
WHAT'S "KAYASS"?

AND CARNAGE WILL NEVER BE IN A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE. EVER!

Dr Doom said:
WHAT'S "KAYASS"?

AND CARNAGE WILL NEVER BE IN A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE. EVER!

How do you know? It's not like studios don't ever make R-rated movies, and they don't even need to make it R. Remember Ock ripping off the Doc's arm. It's easy to pull off.

THE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND CARNAGE IS THAT HE IS A HOMICIDAL MANIAC. NO MATTER HOW YOU SHOOT IT, HE WILL BE KILLING PEOPLE.

AND THE STUDIOS WILL NEVER MAKE AN R RATED SPIDER-MAN MOVIE.

daveswb said:
What is the difference between variation and other? I chose other. it's not that I prefer a different Venom, it's just I know that's what we'll get.

What I’m saying is Ock and Goblin didn’t really look like their comic book counterparts. But in actuality that’s a good thing. Why? Well, because with the unique takes on the characters, the movies have had thus far, it helps separate them from the comic books and put them in their own universe.

My guess is that they will do a story where Peter has the symbiote first and thus it will have the spider symbol on it. I think that they won’t have him really large like the books. He’ll be the same size as spider man thus giving more of the feel that he is the evil counter part of Spidey. He’ll have a mouth I think, but not right away, and maybe not all the time. I really think with the way rami has been telling the stories his going to want it to be that Venom is the opposite of Spidey and that he’ll have a lot of the same characteristics. Just my opinion
The difference between Variation and Other is that I didn't give a picture for Other, thus allowing people to post their own versions they would like to see on screen.

I'd say that Ock looked very much like the (more recent) versions of Ock. Frankly, my favourite version of Ock was when he had long hair, slicked back, in a black trenchcoat. But that's just me.

I actually really like the idea of Venom having a mouth only part of the time. Kinda like Toxin mostly doesn't have a mouth, but when he gets pissed off... that gets huge! I doubt that if Venom is used that he'll just be the same frame as Spider-man. Part of what attracts people to Venom is how much bigger he is. I'm not saying I want him Hulk or Juggernaut big, just larger than Spider-man.

For the look, I like McFarlane's version. But I also like the living organism in USM. I would not mind if they did a variation of the two.

I kind of like the white spider logos and the whites on Venom's arms as well, but would that look good on film? Could any version of Venom look good on film?

I saw this weird black ooze form into some guy at the end of a Smallville episode... I THINK it's Braniac, but I haven't been paying attention. To keep the focus back on Spider-man, that black ooze had TV special FX, but it was basically what a symbiote could look like on film.

Keep your stick on the ice

Dr Doom said:
THE WHOLE IDEA BEHIND CARNAGE IS THAT HE IS A HOMICIDAL MANIAC. NO MATTER HOW YOU SHOOT IT, HE WILL BE KILLING PEOPLE.

I don't think they would lose money by it, becaue Carnage would bring such a huge audience. And any teenager can get into a R-rated movie, most of the time. and the 5 year olds, that like the first movie, would be a lot older by then. Plus the tone becoming darker, isn't necesarily a bad thing, because it keeps things fresh.

big Mcfarland fan so,....

OG for me, save the drool and the rows of razor shar teeth for the Lizard, keep Venom human.... but evil

What if Venom wears a suit that´s EXACTLY like Spidey´s, so he can moider ppl and Spidey gets the blame?

Dr Doom said:

Agreed. If they ever make him they will have to tone him down so much that it wont really be Carnage. Hell I would be surprised if they really are putting Venom in Spider-Man 3, Venom is not kid friendly at all and might scare the crap out of the kids.

Regarding the design of Venom, I prefer the Ultimate design of Venom.

I'd prefer a mixture of the original and variation venom :) because the original venom in that picture looks to much like a really muscular spider-man so if they give venom a slightly blue/black look and give him that drooling tongue then that would defiently be the Venom I want :)

I like this one for spiderman in the symbiote suit

blackspiderman.JPG

And this one for venom, he looks bad-ass- like all venoms do :spidey:

venom.JPG

this venom looks alright for topher grace's muscle building...

They were done by Ron Frenz, who drew The Mighty Thor for quite a while.

I like his work a lot. It's very Kirby-esque at times.

In the spirit of the thread (and SM3 in general), here's a nice commission piece off the site:

Spidey-Villians.jpg

Venom's stature is nice and believable (in a film sense), lean but not overly brutish.

hey, that would make a good spiderman 3 poster. just take out one of the goblins and put in sandman!

Ultimate Doom said:
I like this one for spiderman in the symbiote suit

blackspiderman.JPG

And this one for venom, he looks bad-ass- like all venoms do :spidey:

venom.JPG

this venom looks alright for topher grace's muscle building...

Spot on man. I think this is the way to go for both of them.:up: :)

I am still trying to get used to some designs of Venom having "toes". it makes him more "alienish" and more predatory, but i always like the more "realistic" Venoms, realistic in the sense that he stays the same size and shape of the wearer.
The only time, in the movie, that they should have Venom's jaw drop and reveal hundreds of teeth and his big, 'ol slobberin' tongue is in a scene where Brock goes to Peter's house when he is not home and MJ opens the door and Brock gets let in. She turns her back and he morphs into Venom. When she turns around he should be standing there with a big smile and let the jaw drop, and he scares her half to death and leaves her as a message to Peter saying "I can get to you at any place at any time. You cannot stop me."
I kind of compare this to The Violator in Spawn. I thought they did a good job explaining that he extends the jaw when he wants to, so he is not always standing there with his mouth hanging open.
This way, Bagley's version could be incorporated with alittle of the Ultimate, when the suit goes insane and lashes all out.

which brings me to another point...alot of response in this thread has people more in favor of the original design/Bagley's design....does this mean in the movie no one really wants to see Tendrils flying all over his body? i always thought the Tendril design was more for Carnage than Venom...Venom rarely ever used the suit to make weapons, more like an occational whip or two...Carnage is more likely to have hundreds of small, thin tendrils swarming over his body, each one a different type of blade so no one could get close to him.

I think the Venom would have to be closest to the original, only because I think they are trying to be as realistic as possible.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"