Days of Future Past Which X-Men Should die or be dead in DOFP?

Magneto sacrificing himself for Bobby and Rogue to escape. Storm's death must be an emotional scene with Xavier holding her hand as she dies. Colossus is my favorite, I know he won't make it but I also don't want him to be the first to die in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Most likely Warpath, Blink, Sunspot will die. Bishop? I don't even know how much screen time he'll have. I can also see Bobby being the last to die and both Kitty and Rogue are by his side holding each hand.

If everybody dies, then Logan's mind stucks in 1973.
Almost everyone will die.
If Rogue keeps Logan's mind in past, she can't die. Kitty dies.
When Logan's mind back to future, there will be created new timeline, so who cares, who died in old timeline, the question is who's alive in new reality created since 1973.

Hopefully when we mean die, we mean die in the future and hopefully the past will be altered so no one actually dies!

Why is Magneto missing from the list? I'd pick him as the time for his death has come, even if it's only temporary.

If everybody dies, then Logan's mind stucks in 1973.
Almost everyone will die.
If Rogue keeps Logan's mind in past, she can't die. Kitty dies.
When Logan's mind back to future, there will be created new timeline, so who cares, who died in old timeline, the question is who's alive in new reality created since 1973.

Rogue will be needed if those supposed spoilers are true so she can't die. But then that makes Kitty expendable afterwards. Rogue lives I think.

I was wondering about the new reality. Changing the past might bring back people like Cyclops, Jean etc from the dead. But it might also change things enough that some characters (Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, Colossus) aren't even born so cease to exist :wow: Or characters that were alive in whatever year it was previously have died earlier than they should in the new future events.

I'm not sure they'll have time to explore which characters aren't there anymore though. Other than if they have Wolverine remember and ask where so and so is and get a "they died ** years ago" or "who? I don't know that person/I can't find any evidence on Cerebro that person was ever alive" answer to show they've gone and prematurely ended or erased another characters life with the meddling.

Hopefully when we mean die, we mean die in the future and hopefully the past will be altered so no one actually dies!

If we're talking about deaths that would stand in the new reality then I'd only pick characters I never cared about like the cameos or Magneto. I don't want anyone else dying if the death applies to both realities. :o

They have next movies to explain situation in new reality.

I wouldn't want the younger characters erased from existence. It would make OT feel useless. And they already killed enough characters in the first three movies, I wouldn't be happy if any more big people were dead as well. It should be used to erase some deaths not add more. Though I wouldn't say object to Magneto being dead because he's been used about as much as is possible.

5 team movies with Magneto being a pivotal role.... so yeah, its time to move to other things and villains, without Magneto involved in ALL events of X-Men history.

Logan tells everything him in 1973, Magneto won't be villain since then.
Time for Sinister and Apocalypse.

dont be so sure.

maybe next movie shows Magneto killing Mr. Sinister at the end.

after all, it would be boring to see the X-Men fighting Sinister

Before Apocalypse, they have to kill his henchmens: Shadow King (FC3) and Sinister (present mutants).
That's possible Magneto kills Sinister, if Essex kills ,,weak" mutants. Eric will be piss... off.

If DOFP is about all mutants coming together, I think the next one will be humans and mutants coming together. The humans needing mutants to help battle something... In my mind that has to be apocalypse, perhaps the strongest of xmendays foes. Only when humans see mutants as a important part of society will there be harmony etc.

Wolverine, Storm and Colossus should die. The sentinels should instill fear and death, just like in the comics. I'm not sure what roles the new characters will play, but their deaths would have less impact since it's their first time on screen. Rumors are Kitty gets hurt by sending Wolverine back in time and Rogue is in prison. Only Prof X, Magneto and Iceman would be left to free Rogue and change the dark time they live in. In contrary to the Avengers, I want the heroes really to suffer and be in mortal danger before things start to look brighter.

Before Apocalypse, they have to kill his henchmens: Shadow King (FC3) and Sinister (present mutants).
That's possible Magneto kills Sinister, if Essex kills ,,weak" mutants. Eric will be piss... off.

Good idea. Throw in X-Force with Angel transforming into Archangel and then AoA.

Why does everybody think many people are gonna die? I understand the threat but characters dieing for no reason is stupid! I hope Storm doesn't die... But if she must, make her die with a great moment for her character. If characters must die, then Warpath, Collosus and Sunspot. I just don't want Iceman, Kitty, Rogue or Storm to die!!

Why not, it they will be alive again in new reality.
We need more drama, almost everyone should die.

Why does everybody think many people are gonna die? I understand the threat but characters dieing for no reason is stupid! I hope Storm doesn't die... But if she must, make her die with a great moment for her character. If characters must die, then Warpath, Collosus and Sunspot. I just don't want Iceman, Kitty, Rogue or Storm to die!!

The threat in the story is that mutants are being enslaved and killed. Gives alot more weight to fixing the future. The whole fact you don't want to see characters die is another reason to do it, gives off a strong emotional reaction. You'll be on the edge of your seat voting for the team in the past to accomplish their mission so this future doesn't play through.

Last edited:
At least one character will probably die. How are we meant to understand the threat if we don't see it firsthand? Just saying past characters are dead doesn't work. We need to see how deadly the Sentinels are, the characters need to feel like they don't have much time left to change things.

Without that threat running through the plot it would all seem anti-climatic. It's exactly what def28 said.

Storm dying would have the biggest impact. We've seen Professor X die already, Wolverine and the former teens look like they're essential to the plan so can't die until late into the story - sans Colossus who probably does die but he's not a massive character. The new mutants we don't know so we won't care. And Magneto is a villain so his death wouldn't impact as much as a long term X-Men like Storm dying.

I also think that Rogue has a fair chance of dying, but she'll get to be a badass first. Older Magneto dying is a good possibility as well. I think that Colossus may survive because A. he's not a big enough film character for his death to really have an effect, and B. Jeff Wadlow might want to use him in the X-Force movie.

X-Force will be in new timeline.
Wadlow won't back to old timeline with Sentinels killing everyone around in X-Force, when we have new timeline at the end of DOFP movie.
Once again, who dies or is already dead in old timeline, can be alive in new timeline created since 1973.

We don't know that. We don't know anything about XF for sure.

,,We know too much."

Why would Wadlow continue old timeline in world destroyed by Sentinels, when it will be erased since 1973 in DOFP movie?
X-Force will be in new reality, book it.

I also think that Rogue has a fair chance of dying, but she'll get to be a badass first. Older Magneto dying is a good possibility as well. I think that Colossus may survive because A. he's not a big enough film character for his death to really have an effect, and B. Jeff Wadlow might want to use him in the X-Force movie.

Actually, I think Rogue is certain to survive. She doesn't seem to come into the plot until later and it's obviously for a plan related reason. I reckon she'll be safely out of harms way in prison at first and then too necessary for the rest of the time she's around. Unless she's killed at the last second before the future changes (which seems unlikely) chances are she'll be around till the end once she comes into the plot.

If I had to put money on which characters lived I'd go for Rogue, Kitty, Iceman, Professor X and Wolverine so long as he's in the past at least. The rest I think will die or have good chance of it.

actually, I think Iceman has a strong chance to die too, since that would give Rogue a great dramatic moment, with all their past.

I definetly see Singer doing something like that

Looking at end of teaser Profesor X perhaps will die too.

They won't kill Professor X off again just to be brought back a 2nd time. I'd say he's as safe as any character can be.

actually, I think Iceman has a strong chance to die too, since that would give Rogue a great dramatic moment, with all their past.

I definetly see Singer doing something like that

I don't feel it. I think he'll live as the only capable male character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"