Who do you think will join the New Avengers after Civil War?

Daredevil TMWF

Civilian
Reaction score
There was an article about CW where it said one hero will join the team. The cadidates were:

Ares
Speedball
Iron Fist
Hyperion

TAKE YOUR PICK! :daredevil

Ares for sure.But besides him,I'm hoping for a real shake-up in the roster.

this is the team that i want to see.

Sentry
Black Panther
She Hulk
Namor
Vison
Photon
Quicksilver

Ares looks like he is the obvious frontrunner to fill in for Thor, although I know nothing of the character and had no intention of picking up his mini. I'm not usually the sort of fan of "mythicals"; I simply feel that they should exist in Marvel, because others are fans and to keep the classes of characters diverse. Just because I am not a fan of some genres in Marvel does not mean I want them to not exist, or be ignored. If only upper management could be as reasonable.

speedball sucks.why would anybody want him on the team?ares is gonna be on it hes bout it bout it.

Plus, because ARES was one of Marvel's frequent mini's that stars a character most fans have never heard of, that got almost zero publicity (yes, it got an internet interview, but EVERY COMIC gets that) to displace it from the rack, and naturally it is not breaking any banks. Poor selling ongoings can be revived, but mini's tend to sink into the abyss.

So, Ares on NEW AVENGERS will give his TPB a boost in sales.

I always wonder why Marvel insists on shrugging its shoulders at the comic market instead of working with what they have in a rational manner, as they should? Joe Q insists that "it is not worth promoting small books as they get less in returns as big books", but basically, if a book is not worth investing in, then it is not worth publishing, and seems like a waste. If you want to Launch a book, Marvel, do it right, and have some guts. Lord knows that 70% of Marvel's intake isn't even from comic sales anymore, anyway.

ugh, Dread, if you are going to beat the same dead horse with all these Marvel complaints, at least do it in those 17-paragraph posts that I completely skip reading 90% of the time.:(

If Cap had a problem with Wolverine joining the team, then he's really gonna flip s**t with Ares. The guy's killed more people than capital G God. Hell, he shot up a bunch of cops in issue 2 of his (very well-done) mini. His main skill is killing people and waging no-holds-barred warfare; they might as well recruit the Punisher.

Ares has been a fine read up to now.Along with Sentry,I regard those 2 the best Marvel minis right now.

I voted Iron Fist....But you know it's gonna be Speedball.

GNR4Life said:
Ares has been a fine read up to now.Along with Sentry,I regard those 2 the best Marvel minis right now.

Son of M?

Dread said:
I always wonder why Marvel insists on shrugging its shoulders at the comic market instead of working with what they have in a rational manner, as they should? Joe Q insists that "it is not worth promoting small books as they get less in returns as big books", but basically, if a book is not worth investing in, then it is not worth publishing, and seems like a waste. If you want to Launch a book, Marvel, do it right, and have some guts. Lord knows that 70% of Marvel's intake isn't even from comic sales anymore, anyway.

Exactly.

I agree with joe Q's logic (intially) about promoting books that will generate more sales with promotion, if you're going to CONTINUALLY launch books that won't get anywhere without hype you can't expect them to sell.

You can't have it both ways.

Quicksilver is an Avenger Character. And issue #1 had Spidey and it heavily featured the Inhumans.

There hasn't even been an X-man in it. The Fantastic Four were in the most recent issue.

Roughneck said:
Quicksilver is an Avenger Character. And issue #1 had Spidey and it heavily featured the Inhumans.

There hasn't even been an X-man in it. The Fantastic Four were in the most recent issue.

Well,I tend to link anything post-House of M/Decimation with the X-folks for some reason,don't ask why.

I'm more into the MU outside of the X-Men and Spider-Man these days.Yes I know,none are related to Son of M,just saying.

JesusOfNazarath said:
this is off topic. GNR4Life what does your name mean?

Guns N Roses 4 Life.The mods won't let me change it to something more simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"