Who is looking forward to this?

if the movie is as good as i think it will, and the trailers are mind blowing, i don´t see a reason why it won´t sell as much as those movies
speed racer is a proof of how important the trailers and critics are
though i didn't see speed racer because i hated the trailers, it might be a good movie, but it failed badly

Oh, I agree it will get people to go IF the trailer is mind blowing. But thanks, good post. I'm glad someone is optimistic about this film besides me.

Oh, I agree it will get people to go IF the trailer is mind blowing. But thanks, good post. I'm glad someone is optimistic about this film besides me.
You're not alone. The idiots are just loud.

Er, and the people against the movie too.

icon14.gif
there´s quite a bunch of us who are optimistic about this movie around this forum :yay:

Yes, I can't believe I actually heard about some people who want to boycott the film by signing internet petitions.

Sooo stupid. Not even a trailer is released. The actors poured their hearts into it. And silly people jump on a hate bandwagon because they are afraid that the movie wont be good...

I'm so happy they are actually making this! I would much rather this film be mediocre and somewhat enjoyable to watch then to never see a film about dragonball at all. Even if it isn't up to par, at least it brings the possibility that someone will notice it and want to make a better adaptation one day. (Assuming this one is not good, but I am more sure than not that it will not need another adaptation and this will be good.)

I honestly never thought to see Dragonball on the big screen with real actors. It's seriously like a dream come true. Much better now too with a 100 million dollar budget then back in the 90s when crap like Mortal Kombat was coming out. This will be much better than that at least.

The problem is that you think "america" /U.S.A is the whole world. U.S.A is not even whole North america.

Here
http://www.google.is/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-48,GGLJ:en&q=Dragonball

22,100,000 pages of 20 pages for Dragonball

is one of the most popular search franchise in the world

Yup, thats the problem with some people. They think the United States is the whole world, so they assume Dragonball isnt that popular in the whole world because it isnt that much in the USA. Man I hate people who think like that.

I know the USA is the main target in terms of movies box offices, but thats not my point.

I was against this movie when I first heard about it back in December, but with the stuff they are releasing and the information provided im starting to like this movie and im looking foward to it.

I don't know about that. Only the hardcore fans know about it really. If I were to ask most people on the streets that there's a live action DB movie coming out, they most likely would think I'm referring to DBZ.

This is what im talking about. You are probably speaking about the USA DBZ fans audience, but everywhere else in the world, DB and DBZ fans are the same. See my point?.

It would be stupid to start a movie in the Saiyan Saga!. Im aware the USA box office is their main target and thats common sense, but you cant start a story starting in the Saiyan Saga. Non-fans wouldnt know what the hell is happening. They wouldnt know why Goku can use energy blasts, they wouldnt know who is that "green guy", etc etc.

Exactly. Starting with Lord Piccolo is the smartest decision ANY director or screenwriter could have made. He was the first super-villain, and a very important story-line that needed to be told right away.

I was debating starting a new thread on this, but as more information keeps coming out, I can't help but get the same vibe that I got from 'X-Men' in 2000.

No one was quite sure if the movie could stand on it's own two legs as a summer blockbuster. The movie had been rumored and lingered in development hell since the early 90's.

I myself, was shocked at how well the film came off, even with the liberties that was taken with the source material. Not only that, it made a pretty penny, and the sequel (not x-men 3, BLEH) was outstanding.

I think Dragonball is the same way. It's like the X-men almost ten years later. I can't wait.

This is what im talking about. You are probably speaking about the USA DBZ fans audience, but everywhere else in the world, DB and DBZ fans are the same. See my point?.

It would be stupid to start a movie in the Saiyan Saga!. Im aware the USA box office is their main target and thats common sense, but you cant start a story starting in the Saiyan Saga. Non-fans wouldnt know what the hell is happening. They wouldnt know why Goku can use energy blasts, they wouldnt know who is that "green guy", etc etc.

You don't seem realize how important domestic box office sales are to a Hollywood movie.

I was debating starting a new thread on this, but as more information keeps coming out, I can't help but get the same vibe that I got from 'X-Men' in 2000.

No one was quite sure if the movie could stand on it's own two legs as a summer blockbuster. The movie had been rumored and lingered in development hell since the early 90's.

I myself, was shocked at how well the film came off, even with the liberties that was taken with the source material. Not only that, it made a pretty penny, and the sequel (not x-men 3, BLEH) was outstanding.

I think Dragonball is the same way. It's like the X-men almost ten years later. I can't wait.

Agree 100% :up:

You don't seem realize how important domestic box office sales are to a Hollywood movie.

I said USA box office is the main target for any hollywood movie 2 times in this thread. Please learn to read. You can come back once you have taken your reading lessons. Thank you.

How am I ignoring your point if I have agreed with it 2 times already?. My... some people just dont accept it when they make a mistake.

I'm looking forward to it. But I know FOX will find a way to ruin the movie like they did with Daredevil, X3, Elektra, Fantastic 4 and Firefly. Less character development, less story, less budget and more action are the trademarks of FOX and the formula to ruining anything worth watching.

I watched final destination 3 a little while ago on youtube just to see what kind of director James wong's been recently.

AND OMG IT WAS SWEET. The acting's pretty bad, but that aside, there's boobs, there's heads exploding, there's boobs on fire, there's boobs. I think this guy has what it takes to at least deliver a darker version of dragonball than we'd likely get from a softer director. And hopefully some boobs thrown in.

Boobs on fire = dragonball material. lol

buckets of blood too. I was surprised by how much blood was gushing in that movie...

Here I was expecting a movie on par with that jet li movie, but no, there's a high chance we'll see piccolo and goku spitting loads of blood from their mouths etc. i hope so.

Non-fans wouldnt know what the hell is happening. They wouldnt know why Goku can use energy blasts, they wouldnt know who is that "green guy", etc etc.

Non fans wouldn't care either way. They just want to see an action movie with cool effects and that's it.

Non fans wouldn't care either way. They just want to see an action movie with cool effects and that's it.

i think you underestimate the general audience....10yrs ago i would have agreed without reservation. but i think the general moviegoer is much more picky about what does and does not make a good movie....if all it took was some cool fight scenes then elektra would be considered a good movie (dear god, could you imagine elektra2, elektra3 ?!?!?), but it takes more than crazy fights and a lesbian kiss to make a good movie.

of course they would care
how can you enjoy a movie when you can´t understand half of whats going on???
geez
try starting watching any trilogy of movies from the second movie instead of the first one and see how much you enjoy it

how meaningful would picolo turning to good be if you don´t know evil he was before? it would take so much away from the saiyan saga if this movie isn´t done first

geez
try starting watching any trilogy of movies from the second movie instead of the first one and see how much you enjoy it

how meaningful would picolo turning to good be if you don´t know evil he was before? it would take so much away from the saiyan saga if this movie isn´t done first

Good points, and I completely agree with you. Even if non fans would only go for the action, that wouldn't mean they'll make a nonsensical film.

geez

When most fans were first introduced to Dragonball, they had no idea what was going on either but knew they had come across something which interested them, so they followed the manga/anime further and found out what was happening. Why will discovering Dragonball through a movie adaptation be any different from discovering it through the anime or an issue of the manga?

When most fans were first introduced to Dragonball, they had no idea what was going on either but knew they had come across something which interested them, so they followed the manga/anime further and found out what was happening.Why will discovering Dragonball through a movie adaptation be any different from discovering it through the anime or an issue of the manga?

i get your point but i disagree. that´s exactly what happened to me. i started watching the anime in the freeza saga and fell in love with it.
but i don´t think it would be as easy to show the greatness of the story and also have to give all the background information needed (if you want to start with the saiyan saga), in a two hour movie as it is in an anime where you have a lot of time to give explanations and flashbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"