Who is rich in Marvel?

TheCorpulent1 said:
I never really thought of Cap as getting paid by the military. I just figured they hooked him up with whatever housing he liked, gave him a credit card with the National Treasury as its limit, and let him do as he pleases. If there's anyone you can trust to be responsible, it's Captain America, after all.

There have been references to Cap's back pay mentioned before. Though I don't think he's wealthy from it. More like independently lower-middle class.

He also used to make money off his art here and there. Back in the 80's there were a couple stories that mentioned him selling paintings, without people knowing they were by Captain America. Few people realize that Cap is a artist. Before entering the super-soldier program, he was attending art school. Though little character defining moments like these are lost in today's comics.

THANOSRULES said:
rage is probably going to be the benefactor of thrasher's riches
Sigh.

I'd rather they not Kill thrasher in the first place.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Because they're both black, and brothas stick together, foo. One love!
no.

If Microbe survived and thrasher didn't,.. I'm sure he'd get stuff too.

Why would Cap get Back Pay from the military? He wasn't working while he was frozen. I wouldn't ****ing pay him.

Also he used to pencil comic books for Marvel.

Roughneck said:
Why would Cap get Back Pay from the military? He wasn't working while he was frozen. I wouldn't ****ing pay him.

Technically he was still under orders(working for the government). He would be entitled to backpay just like POW were. If someone came out of the Vietnam jungle having escaped as a POW today they would be entitled to back pay.

Well a POW is was different then being frozen in a block of ice.

Basically.

Roughneck said:

it's in the UCMJ somewhere,.. or the regs that govern pay.

I KNOW that if you are sent to do something or and away from official channels for the duration of your absence, (frozen solid qualifies.) and the absence was justified, (Frozen solid Qualifies.), then the US Gov owes you ACTIVE DUTY PAY for the duration of your time away.

You may not pay a person frozen against his will for forty years +,... but I would,... If he'd not become Captain America,.. He'd lived a normal life.

roach said:
Technically he was still under orders(working for the government). He would be entitled to backpay just like POW were. If someone came out of the Vietnam jungle having escaped as a POW today they would be entitled to back pay.

POW would probably be the wrong designation. MIA would probably be what he was classified as.

Sabretooth said:
Basically,anybody who isn't Spider-Man. ;)

Which reminds me,... I want an issue where STARK GIVES PETER THAT 1st paycheck as his protoge.

I wonder what the going salary for admin assitant/junior genius sidekick is?

Gotta be more in one month than what peters used to making in a year,....

there was an issue somewhere between the bernie rosenthau and the (yet again reborn) sharon Carter romantic runs where it was pointed out that the us government owed him captains pay from 1941 until the current day,... with interest.
since the payrate has changed over the years it would be hard to give an exact number but base minimum Captain America should have at least 700 000 not counting interest,...

Varient said:
there was an issue somewhere between the bernie rosenthau and the (yet again reborn) sharon Carter romantic runs where it was pointed out that the us government owed him captains pay from 1941 until the current day,... with interest.
since the payrate has changed over the years it would be hard to give an exact number but base minimum Captain America should have at least 700 000 not counting interest,...

I can just see Cap after he gets that paycheck.
Captain America: Holy ****!!! I'm retirin'!

KevanG said:
Speaking of Wonder Man's "deaths", can you imagine how difficult it would be for him to get his possessions back after his first "death"? They must have some special superhero/villain clause in wills these days. "In the event the decased returns to life due to some totally confusing and highly improbable reason you must return all items willed to you within a reasonable time, and should the owner "die" again, the item/s shall be held in escrow for two years or until he/she returns, whichever comes first." Must be the same for soap operas too :p

so funny so great ha ha ha ha:up:

Did'nt Peter have a book of his Spider-man pictures published? If so, should'nt he be getting royalties or somthing? He should at least be getting some sort of pay for taking the first picture of the Sentry.

Yeah pete had "Webs" published and every so often he mentions getting royalties for it. In the novels they mention it at least once.

It really depends on the amount of books sold and if the script writer wants poor pete to eat this week :( (not new avengers spidey, normal everybody hates me spidey books)

Has Thrasher always been rich? I didnt realize he was rich

Stryker is also very resourceful. He might be rich.

yeah he was rich from day 1 of new warriors vol 1...and the first appearence in thor..

his wealth gave him his battlesuit and equipment , his guardians Chord and that evil chinese lady trained him..

His parents were killed and left him the Taylor foundation..loaded

nogap87 said:
Any idea how much money he gets?

Probably not very much. Usually writers don't make much off of royalties unless the book is a really big hit. And considering that the book was published a few years ago (in comic time) it's probably not exactly a big seller now.

I wonder how rich Iron Man is now. He supposedly took a hit, which is why he can't fund the Avengers anymore, but he still seems rich enough to house the Avengers and provide all their living needs for free, develop boatloads of new armor, make Spider-Man a new costume, etc.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I wonder how rich Iron Man is now. He supposedly took a hit, which is why he can't fund the Avengers anymore, but he still seems rich enough to house the Avengers and provide all their living needs for free, develop boatloads of new armor, make Spider-Man a new costume, etc.

Bah, the writers don't know anything about business and being super wealthy. Even if Stark Enterprises to a major hit because of whatever, even if the stock bottomed out, it wouldn't have made a difference to Tony. Since Stark Enterprises is a publically traded corporation, Tony's personal wealth wouldn't be tied to the company that much. He probably got a majority stake in the the shareholding, and he'd lose a lot there, but it wouldn't break him by any means.

Tony's too smart to not have diversified his personal wealth enough that it wouldn't matter. He's bound to have so much stocks, bonds, cds, property, patents and other assets that he would never have to worry about money.

It's the exact same reason why the FF losing their money didn't make any sense. Someone as intelligent as Reed or Tony, even if the don't specialize in business or finance, would have at least picked up "Investing For Dummies" to know what to do.

Didn't reed go bankrupt and have to sell all his patents a while back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"