Marvel / DC Counterpart's

DC characters sucks, except for Batman and Lobo, and most of the Marvel characters are relly cool, so theres no counterparts, ones sucks, the others dont (most of the times).

toddly6666 said:
Darkseid/Thanos

Darkseid and Thanos are nothing alike. Darkseid is the self obsessed dictator of a hellish world. Thanos is a nihilistic, mass murdering outlaw with a romantic obsession with Death.

There are some I think started out as copies on both sides but never went thru. Like I think Stark had a similar look to Bruce, both were rich, had butlers, and used technology to fight crime. That's on the outside tho, while both hero's their personalities differed later on and origion, Stark a drunk, Bruce driven by vengence.

Same with IMO Wolverine and Lobo, and from what I understand Lobo is a Wolverine Parody anyway. Wolverine and Lobo both anti hero's (well not too sure on Lobo, know little about him, prob know more of him from JLA cartoon than comics lol), both healing factors (tho Lobo's is far more advanced, I know atleast as much about his blood and all), and so on. But of course far diff personalities with Wolverine's complicated past and battling the inner demon, and Lobo being a space alien doing I guess whatever the hell he feels like. I think Deadpool falls in that too, he was a Deathstroke rip off atleast in looks. Course that's def where it ends, love Deadpool lol.

Personality wise I'd say Cyke and Supes are close kinda. Throwing away Cyke having no need to hide his identity, both are boy scouts who have to hold back in fear of hurting others, ready to sacrifice themselves for others, and willing to put being a hero in front of their own lives even if it hurts. I almost would say Doom is closer to Darkseid than Thanos, but not quite sure, Doom seems to have more heart. Both have no prob putting fear into their subjects for obedience, both feel it's their destiny to be rulers too, which Apoc fits in that role as well. Thanos just wants in good with Death, cares nothing about being a ruler, he'll kill everyone if that's what it takes.

------

Who are these counterparts -

Punisher
Nick Fury
Cable
Thor (and don't say supes, I mean in personality lol)
Human Torch
and like above would like to hear one to Juggernaut.

Nick Fury's counterpart is Deffinitely Sgt Rock.

Personally FadingCB I can see Scott Summers originally being written to be like Clark Kent but in the end, frankly Cyclops couldn't compare with Superman...and I don't mean in terms of powers but in personality just as Lobo has never had the psychological complexity or more endearing qualities of Wolverine. Stark and Batman were originally quite a bit alike but they've evolved into very different differents from one another...I mean during the Two Brothers fighting series there's a reason they had Batman fight Captain America instead of Tony because they were more matched in terms of fighting styles and in the leadership roles they held in their respective universes. (Though not needless to say in personality.) Because while Tony Stark is the head proponent of SHRA in the Marvelverse somehow I can't IMAGINE Bruce Wayne ever going for that notion in his world. In a way the DC/Marvel matchup while underscoring similarities between certain characters just further played up their differences as well. Flash and Quicksilver have the same powers, (at least originally,) but Pietro Maximoff is so unlike Flash in every other respect. Green Lantern and the Silver Surfer are both super-celestial beings but they have very different outlooks and histories. So yeah, I think DC and Marvel copy off each other's concepts now and then but in the end the characters themselves take off in their own directions whether the writers want them to or not.

No please!!, stop comparing Cyclops with Superman, Cyclops is a mutant, rejected by mankind, ant the first and greatest x man ever!!! And Superman its a sissy. Thats it!

Yeah, we didn't give a s**t the first time you spouted off your zombie nonsense. Take the hint.

They're similar in some ways. Straight shooter personality, born different than others instead of gaining their powers by some accident, "the first and greatest" of their set.

Cyke is the first and greatest X-man. Superman is "the first and greatest" superhero in DC.

Superman functions on a much higher level than Cyke does though and he gets a lot more respect from the rest of his universe. Cyke's an X-man and therefor an outlaw and a pariah and what not. Superman's practically worshipped.

For the record i like Cyclops a lot better though.

dude, you think the black power ranger is comparable to thor :o

then again I'm sure celldog does as well :o :o :o

hippy fascist said:
dude, you think the black power ranger is comparable to thor :o

then again I'm sure celldog does as well :o :o :o

At no point did I ever say anything close to that. I merely referenced the Black Power ranger's Axe-shotgun hybrid. It was an awesome weapon.
Think about it. An axe and a shotgun in one package. Something like that wouldnt even need ammo it would just shoot awesomeness.
I never made any comparison of any kind nor did I say anything positive about the Black or any other power ranger.

Vanguard07 said:
At no point did I ever say anything close to that. I merely referenced the Black Power ranger's Axe-shotgun hybrid. It was an awesome weapon.
Think about it. An axe and a shotgun in one package. Something like that wouldnt even need ammo it would just shoot awesomeness.
I never made any comparison of any kind nor did I say anything positive about the Black or any other power ranger.

Power rangers shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as thor. Power rangers suck balls

Who would you guys say Mr. Fantastic's DC counterpart is?

Plastic Man

or

Elongated Man

Elongated Man, because he isn't as good at shape-shifting as Plastic Man is, and is more intellectual.

So who is Batman's, Marvel counterpart?

1)Captain America
2)Moon Knight
3)Daredevil
4)Nighthawk

supermarvelman said:
So who is Batman's, Marvel counterpart?

1)Captain America
2)Moon Knight
3)Daredevil
4)Nighthawk

well marvel's prep time counterpart to batman has go to be Captain america, neither of these have immense powers, but they use their brains as their main weapon, and battarang=shield!

I have to disagree, Cap has traditionally rarely used prep time. Nighthawk probably comes closest but even there the personalities are very different. I don't think that Batman has a really close match. Ca
p is very different in just about every way. Btw I was answering Cyrusbales post.

All of them are counterparts in certain aspects.

1)Captain America - In terms of strategy, fighting ability, and popularity.
2)Moon Knight - He is becoming Marvel's Batman
3)Daredevil - In terms of personality and similar origin.
4)Nighthawk - Original Batman counterpart

Hmm.
I think Moon Knight was heavily influenced by Batman. So, probably, was Daredevil. I like how someone compared Supes and Cap. Different abilities, but attitudes seem similiar. Why not Hal and Logan? Though there must be a big difference in personality because people seem to love Wolverine, and not Hal (or the old Hal). And while we're talking about personality, how about 80s Spidey and 80s Blue Devil? Anything?
Super Mark

I suppose you could make an argument for Ironman being a counter-part to Batman in that Tony Stark the billionaire playboy with the wonderful toys is not miles off from Bruce Wayne. Heck they were both even paralyzed at times! However, I can't say Tony's latest behavior makes me relish the comparison all that much. Cap is far more like Batman in terms of actual abilities and using his brain as much as brawn in terms of fighting-they were a heckuva matchup in DC vs Marvel, Moon Knight certainly has the "mystique," going on and all, but really I think Batman sort of stands alone as being himself. He may have *equals* but he doesn't have a counterpart.

LadyMoira said:
I suppose you could make an argument for Ironman being a counter-part to Batman in that Tony Stark the billionaire playboy with the wonderful toys is not miles off from Bruce Wayne. Heck they were both even paralyzed at times! However, I can't say Tony's latest behavior makes me relish the comparison all that much. Cap is far more like Batman in terms of actual abilities and using his brain as much as brawn in terms of fighting-they were a heckuva matchup in DC vs Marvel, Moon Knight certainly has the "mystique," going on and all, but really I think Batman sort of stands alone as being himself. He may have *equals* but he doesn't have a counterpart.

Actually tony's recent behaviour only emphasises the comparison

there is no direct counterpart, there are many parts of batman represented by different marvel characters, and the same with and marvel character, there are many characters that counter[art each of those

Somebody said Black Panther is a counterpart to Batman, personally I dont really see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"