Marvel / DC Counterpart's

I nkow they're origins are different, and flash is much faster, but their powers are both superspeed, so why not?

Thats why I made this thread for though, obviously Hyperion is Superman's counterpart from the Supremeverse, and Sentry is Supermans counterpart from earth 616, Gladiator could also be his counterpart, but why not be a little more creative, I'd say Gladiator is Martian Manhunters counterpart.

Cyrusbales said:
I nkow they're origins are different, and flash is much faster, but their powers are both superspeed, so why not?

I'd say Northstar is Flash's counterpart, in respect to their speed.

Because theres always more to it than simply powers. Take, Dr. Mid-Nite and Daredevil. Two blind costumed heros. On the surface, that's all there is, but take a closer look and they're completely different. DD has far better senses and is a much more dark and brooding character. Mid-Nite can actually see, just on a different spectrum than normal humans. No super senses, and he's not brooding at all. Bit of a brain really.

Quicksilver is a self centered *****e and most of the Flashes were selfless, somewhat even tempered guys.

Anubis said:
Because theres always more to it than simply powers. Take, Dr. Mid-Nite and Daredevil. Two blind costumed heros. On the surface, that's all there is, but take a closer look and they're completely different. DD has far better senses and is a much more dark and brooding character. Mid-Nite can actually see, just on a different spectrum than normal humans. No super senses, and he's not brooding at all. Bit of a brain really.

Quicksilver is a self centered *****e and most of the Flashes were selfless, somewhat even tempered guys.

Altho flash from the JLa cartoon was a ****, like quicksilver(yeah, i just watched JLA cartoon this week, lol)

Some counterparts dont even have the same powers, actually most dont, it's more about the character and them being somewhat evenly matched, for example I'd say Hawkman and Black Panther are counterparts. In the Avengers/JLA crossover they had Black Panther fighting Blue Beetle, and Hawkman fighting Falcon, I'd say Blue Beetle / Falcon and Black Panther / Hawkman.

I'd say Blue Beetle/Spider-Man and Falcon/Black Lightining

Im not talking the new Blue Beetle.

Black Lightning and Falcon? I'ts personal opinion, but how are these 2 counterpsrts.

In terms of personality, they are very similar. I'm not talking powers of course. If I were gonna go with powers then I woulda said BL and Living Lightining.

Ted Kord was basically an older Spidey personality wise. Smart guy who jokes around a lot.

Okay in the sense of personality, yes they pretty much are counterparts.

You could also say he's a lot like Steel as well. With the whole Cap/Falcon - Steel/Superman thing.

Makkari and Barry Allen have several parallels including being the fastest and also being scientists. Both are also of similar temperment.

Silicon Surfer said:
Makkari and Barry Allen have several parallels including being the fastest and also being scientists. Both are also of similar temperment.

That's who I was thinking, but I couldn't remmeber how to spell his name :o

And Hulk, either Grundy, or the Shaggy Man/General. (whose really more like what if an evil Thunderbolt Ross became the Hulk.)

Anubis said:
That's who I was thinking, but I couldn't remmeber how to spell his name :o

And Hulk, either Grundy, or the Shaggy Man/General. (whose really more like what if an evil Thunderbolt Ross became the Hulk.)

Hulk/Validus

I always thought of Batman being the DC counterpart to Daredevil/Matt Murdock, even though Batman has a bigger bank account. Although, there's also a parallel of Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark - playboy businessmen by day, costumed heroes by night.

Dr. Fate said:
I always thought of Batman being the DC counterpart to Daredevil/Matt Murdock, even though Batman has a bigger bank account. Although, there's also a parallel of Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark - playboy businessmen by day, costumed heroes by night.

Batman has always been driven to do what he does, truly obsessed. Marvels counterpart to this characteristic is undoubtedly Spider Man although Cyclops also shares this trait.

I can't think of anyone really close although Mano of the Fatal Five has some parallels such as the power that can't be controled except by a protective device, and being a mutant outcast

D.C./MARVEL:

Mister Mxyzptlk/Mr. Impossible
Darkseid/Thanos
Dr. Fate/Dr. Strange
Power Girl/Warbird
Solomon Grundy/Hulk
Flash/Quicksilver
Aquaman/Namor
Captain Marvel/Thor
Martian Manhunter/Drax the Destroyer
Batman/Daredevil
Huntress/Elektra
Hawkman/Angel
Green Arrow/Hawkeye
Red Tornado/Vision
Zatanna/Scarlet Witch
Wildcat/Wolverine
Metallo/Ultron
Lex Luthor/Kingpin
Captain Carrot/Howard the Duck
Warlord/Conan
Captain Nazi/Red Skull
Cheeta/Tigra
Clayface/Sandman
Killer Croc/The Lizard
Deadman/Ghost Rider
Swamp Thing/Man-Thing
General Zod/Kang
Gorilla Grodd/Beast
Hercules/Hercules
Invisible Kid/Invisible Woman
Krypto/Lockjaw
Martha Kent/Aunt May
Parasite/Rogue
Sgt. Rock/Captain America
Triplicate Girl/Multiple Man

i don't think the DC has the equivilants for these guys...unless you can prove me wrong..

Union Jack
Captain Britain
Juggernaut
Pete wisdom
psylocke

in fact alot of X men are kinda unique..i don't think DC has a wolverine type really..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"