WandaVision Who is the "Luke Skywalker" level cameo in the season finale?

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Green Goblin, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Detective Conan Registered

Who can it be? Ian Mckellan Magneto? Patrick Stewart as Magneto?

2. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think that boat has sailed to make her the daughter of Magneto. her backstory probably won't be changed now. the most i could see is a multiverse of madness situation where Magneto could be her father for maybe one movie, but only as part of some multiverse reality where she can make everything how she wants to it be.

Whether its Fassbender or Mckellen. it would probably be the only time in the MCU where that family dynamic could be used.

#77 GuestStar2004, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Well that's unexpected

4. samsnee Ok

Gotcha. I stand corrected

5. Albert1981 Registered

Could be: Daniel Day-Lewis, Gary Oldman, Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Mark Hamill, Woody Harrelson, Bruce Willis or Denzel Washington?

#80 Albert1981, Feb 18, 2021
  6. Albert1981 Registered

Yes, the Maximoffs could be foster parents. But I think Disney is VERY unlikely to go that route. I believe it's far too late to retcon who Wanda's parents are. I mean, it certainly could happen. I just don't think it will. And Marvel Studios will have to explain how a Holocaust survivor could have such young biological kids. Not an easy task! I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't think Magneto and/or Mephisto will show up in WandaVision.

#81 Albert1981, Feb 18, 2021
  7. bweurk Registered

Hey, i haven't been posting here in a longtime... i found something interesting in Paul Bettany's trivia on imdb (maybe it's already been posted here though).
    Paul Bettany's acting heroes are Humprey Bogart (can't be him, he's dead), Peter O'Toole (also dead), Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, and Vincent Cassel...
    The actor he's longed to work with his whole life could be one of these last three actors. Pacino and Cassel would be well fitted to play Mephisto i think...
    There was a rumor a few years ago that Pacino was courted by Marvel (or maybe it was him saying he would like to be in a Marvel movie, i don't remember). However, while he would be a good fit for Mephisto, he's already played the devil, and playing this role again may not interest him.
    Now there's Vincent Cassel... he could be an interesting Mephisto...

#82 bweurk, Feb 18, 2021
  8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

To be fair in the 90s X-Men tas, it was revealed that the Maximoff's were the adoptive parents of Wanda and Pietro. The kids had no idea of this until they were full-grown ups. It was the High evolutionary who revealed that Magento was their actual father. So the MCU could easily reveal the twins twist as well.

Weather Witch and Iceman like this.
  9. Sawyer High King

Filmclickbait telling it like it is.

10. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

John Goodman or bust.

11. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

So we never got to see Monica’s guy. Just ends up meeting a group of troops that provide her a vehicle and spacesuit

Wonder what happened?

12. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

Has Bettany ever worked with Ryan Reynolds?

Because Deadpool is hugely popular, and Wandavision’s spent seven episodes fourth wall breaking, and creating humour from it.

13. kguillou Registered

I was so confused there. I was like “wait what? Am i missing something?”

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  14. Zarex Registered

I've been disappointed just one time with this show, and that's when Monica picked up the Lunar Rover from Lieutenant What's Her Name. I wasn't expecting Reed Richards, but come on Monica! You don't tease us with "My Guy" and not follow through!

kguillou likes this.
  15. kguillou Registered

She didnt even mention him? Like didnt ask if “her guy” was there.

Zarex likes this.
  16. Zarex Registered

I thought the woman who handed over the keys to monster truck was "The Guy". But maybe we could still get our super secret guest star later? DON'T LET ME DOWN AGAIN, MONICA!

17. kguillou Registered

No way. That army woman was definitely not “the guy.” It feels like they rewrote something between episode 6 and 7.

18. OB12 Registered

Do we really want "the guy" to be Reed Richards, given that the rover didn't fulfill its intended purpose?

antsman41 likes this.
  19. kguillou Registered

Who else would build something like that plus the space suit? Plus the fact that they're prolonging the reveal means it HAS to be a major marvel character like Reed.

20. Albright No more…Chapek

Who was the guy who caught Monica before she enters the basement? Because I bet that was Mephisto/Nightmare/ Chton?

Edit: nah it was just Evan Peter - Maybe he‘s Nicholas Scratch

#95 Albright, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  21. OB12 Registered

Yeah, it should be Reed. Just saying that his introduction would be designing a vehicle that wasn't able to do what it was supposed to do. Bit of an inauspicious start.

22. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I’m starting to wonder, now that Monica has had a big moment maybe the cameo is Brie Larsen? That might be fun

Flash525 likes this.
  23. Random490 Registered

I'm also really annoyed we didn't get a name for the engineer, I didn't really expect them to show up but I did lean forward in anticipation. If it's someone as big as Reed I wouldn't hold my breathe until the final episode or post credit scene. Something they can film separately and just insert it in.

If I recall, Pacino loved Guardians of the galaxy 2 and expressed interest in being in the sequel. I doubt they would get him to play the devil just because he already did that in Devil's Advocate and I'm not sure if he has any interest in TV roles even if they lead to a movie.
    It's never too late to retcon things they can always make the parentage canon. The real important factor is why. Why do that? What does it add for Wanda's character going forward? What would it add for Magneto's character? If he was already an established villain or if they had some kind of presence in each other lives then it would provide a lot. But at this point he is essentially a stranger to Wanda so really don't add any drama or tension at least in the context of the story of this series. The only thing I feel it would do is say "Hey look, Magneto!" With only two episodes left and some many things still need to play out I just don't see how or why they should go that route.

24. SpocksBrain Internet Geek

If only there were more episodes left.

Albright and Weather Witch like this.
  25. GuestStar2004 Registered

There is a rumour thats been something going around in the last 24 hours that it could be someone connected to mutants. whoever it is may reveal mutants to Wanda.

Although given the circumstances if thats true... i think it would be an actor we have seen before. evidence being that the multiverse is coming. although it doesn't sound like its Magneto for certain.

#100 GuestStar2004, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021