WandaVision Who is the "Luke Skywalker" level cameo in the season finale?

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Green Goblin, Feb 6, 2021.

1. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if one, or maybe even all, aren’t addresses at all in the next episode

The_Manhunter likes this.
  2. Albright No more…Krasinski

this wouldn’t be Marvel like then...

3. Hannibal75 Registered

Maybe the big cameo will appear at the post credit scene, setting him up for a future project.

4. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

I wouldn’t be surprised if the person Paul Bettany was referring to is actually James Spader.

Him coming back to voice and mocap Ultron.

5. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Captain Marvel or Doctor Stephen Strange? Hmmm.

6. Spideem Registered

He said the actor was someone who he never worked alongside before, so it’s absolutely not Spader. It’s himself. He’s been talking about himself the whole time and anyone who thinks differently is setting themselves up for major disappointment. Same as the people who think Monica’s contact is still relevant or gonna be revealed as someone major. We saw her contact already, and the only reveal I could see as far as that is that they’re Skrulls.

psylockolussus and ArawakTaino like this.
  7. Lip Registered

If that's true, I swear to god...

8. sueb1863 Registered

Maybe it's Dick Van Dyke. ;)

MilkmanDan likes this.
  9. LoganPool Fear is Not My Guide

A co-worker and I were discussing the very real possibility that the "Luke Skywalker Level" cameo could literally be Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill. He voiced Chthon.

MilkmanDan and Mysteryman like this.
  10. Albright No more…Krasinski

That would be awesome - any of those 3: Mephisto, Chton or Nightmare would be awesome.
    I only would be disappointed if there won‘t be a dark entity and it was only Agatha all along

Mysteryman likes this.
  11. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

What if it is Thanos?

Mysteryman likes this.
  12. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

Thinking Jackman or Patrick Stewart, coming in via Quicksilver’s inclusion. Maybe in some kind of final battle with Agatha, Wanda shatters the multiverse, both becoming the nexus point, and starting things running for the Dr Strange movie.

...although frankly him talking about himself is now my favourite outcome.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  13. Mysteryman Registered

Any surprises would just sweeten the deal.
    But, at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter.
    I don’t need to be shocked at the end of the finale.
    I just need to be satisfied.
    Here’s hoping that they stick the landing.

14. Mysteryman Registered

Well, they did consult him to make sure they got the sitcom feel of the show right.
    Reportedly, He had never heard of the MCU.

MilkmanDan and Deck Rickard like this.
  15. Deck Rickard Morag Tong Assassin

Yeah I’m thinking that the person Bettany referred to is himself. It just fits, especially since he said something like “it’s someone I’ve known my whole life.”

Also, I’m REALLY digging Vision’s all-white look. I hope that’s the version that survives because it just looks cooler than his original look (which I also love).

I think there might be some other reveal though around who or what made Wanda do this. The deed from Vision just seemed suspicious. Maybe I missed something but it just looked like it just appeared on her car seat and she didn’t know anything about it. Vis had been dead for five years at that point so he couldn’t have left it there recently. Perhaps he left it there and then they went off to Wakanda together to fight Thanos and now that she’s re-emerged, she just noticed it. But it still seems a bit questionable. Maybe Hayward or one of his SWORD agents snuck it in there with the goal of luring her to Westview for some reason, or someone else did.

I think it’s also possible that “the Scarlet Witch” is an actual entity separate from Wanda that she can control with practice, but right now it’s actually controlling her without her realizing it... something similar to how Parallax controlled Hal Jordan and drove him crazy. If so, then that would be the real villain and by the end of the series, Wanda will tame or destroy the sentient portion of that power so that nothing like this happens again. I’m leaning towards that actually, because I feel like after the big Agatha reveal, it would feel cheap to suddenly be like, “But wait! There’s someone else who was the REAL villain all along!” and have Nightmare or Mephisto show up.

16. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

[​IMG]

Albright likes this.
  17. Chip Chipperson the big guy

its P-Stew as Jean-Luc Picard

18. Spideem Registered

19. Hannibal75 Registered

But it wasn't only Bettany who talked about a big cameo. It was Olsen too. If this was a joke then she was on it too.

20. NHawk19 insert witty comment

What' if it's Mark Hamill again and he's voicing something else?

21. Spideem Registered

They're talking about two separate cameos. I still think the cameo Olsen was talking about was Evan Peters. I'd be surprised if there's anymore character reveals left in this, besides giving background on who Fietro really is.

Donner likes this.
  22. Hannibal75 Registered

I don't believe that Olsen is so clueless to believe that Peters's cameo (which isn't even really a cameo but a supporting role) is on the same level as Luke Skywalker.

23. Broseph44 Witness Me

If they seriously talked about a Skywalker like cameo but it was just a joke and it’s Bettany himself. I’m sorry but that’s pretty ****ing dumb. Why do that and get fans going?

24. djsunyc Registered

if you didn't know about evan peter's being in the show and he showed up as quicksilver, everybody would've went nuts. that's a HUGE cameo from the foxverse. but it was leaked thus lessening the impact.

plus the question was mandalorian had a luke skywalker cameo (referencing the buzz and shock level), does this show have one too? and she said yes b/c it would've been a huge shock at a really high level.

25. Nintendo Man Thing

Love the show but gotta say the story feels a little rushed. There are now several answers we need and I feel they are all going to be underwhelming. Hopefully I am wrong.

Who is Dottie?
    Who is the witness protection person?
    Who is the BIG cameo?
    Who is the aerospace engineer?