Superman Returns Who likes the Superkid?

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
If there is a point to it I won't mind.
singer tired of supervillian and wanna create a situation superman never handle before. is there enough point?
too bad the kid has grown up and superman didn't need to change the diaper. that isn't fair!

Naite22 said:
The only thing I would've NOT put in the trailer is where the kid says "you're bald".. It takes away the epic seriousness of the trailer... it's not that bad, but I would've left it out... but this trailer is so bad-ash!

dude I thought the whole trailer sucked!
And why dont they show Brandon as clark talking more or as Superman?
Why is it so bad that they are afraid we wont like it or something?

BareKnucklez said:
dude I thought the whole trailer sucked!
And why dont they show Brandon as clark talking more or as Superman?
Why is it so bad that they are afraid we wont like it or something?
Or maybe they want to save stuff for the movie?

The kid does'nt bother me because I have'nt seen enough of him to say. He could bring a lot to the story, Who knows? I do get the feeling that he might die, but that could serve as an emotional and powerful scene in the movie.

the xmen trailers and tv spot always get me hyped but this trailer did nothing for me and as for the kid i think hes jst there for superman to save at one point in the movie

I hope it's not his son. That's a pretty cheap way to have them easily be together. If she loves Superman enough to leave her family, fine. But don't make it so convenient by having her son be his and (mostly likely) problems with the current guy.

The super kid thingy has been hinted at in comics many times. I think it's a pretty bold idea and I applaud Singer for taking a crack at it. It's a concept that had to be dealth with in the Superman mythos sooner or later, and I personally find it great that we get see how it all plays out in a major motion picture, instead of just couple of Elseworlds comics since DC is too chicken**** to run with the idea...but alas, so are most of "fans" it seems.

As long as the story doesn't revolve around the kid too much, I could care less.

I always thought if superman ever had a child it would be with Wonder Woman. At least she could probably handle it.

The only thing I don't like is how this might be explained as the result of their sex in superman2. Maybe singer will make a special edition edits of stm so they work perfectly with his movie, but right now it's too strange to think that lois got impregnated in sm2. Wasn't he human then, why's he giving her super sperm if he's just normal? And the guy says he'll never leave but does in returns so it just can't work together using that old storyline to me.

For this to work, they'll have to use a flashback of superman or clark doing lois. That's the only way I think they can make it clear that lois was given superman's super-seed.

Wesyeed said:
I always thought if superman ever had a child it would be with Wonder Woman. At least she could probably handle it.

The only thing I don't like is how this might be explained as the result of their sex in superman2. Maybe singer will make a special edition edits of stm so they work perfectly with his movie, but right now it's too strange to think that lois got impregnated in sm2. Wasn't he human then, why's he giving her super sperm if he's just normal? And the guy says he'll never leave but does in returns so it just can't work together using that old storyline to me.

For this to work, they'll have to use a flashback of superman or clark doing lois. That's the only way I think they can make it clear that lois was given superman's super-seed.

Uhh, I'll think they'll get it if and when the little kid has duper powers.

I still don't feel that he's Superman's kid. After reading just how the Reeve movies are being referenced (more of like a bond type thing, where they're all part of one long story, but never directly related), I just don't see this happening.

Darren Daring said:
Uhh, I'll think they'll get it if and when the little kid has duper powers.

they'll know enough that the kid is his but not how he came to be in the first place. that's what I was saying. Mo, you reading this? Does the script say when superman and lois did some 0g love-making?

The kid isnt so bad. But it would be good to see him dying for saving Superman in film.

Then Superman will become angry!

Wesyeed said:
We don't know if he's absolutely his superkid yet of course, but nevertheless, who likes the idea?

I do.

Now superman has a super family with Lois!

I think

1. It was bound to happen eventually.
2. The kid is a cool kid.
3. Superman can have a little super-sidekick now.
4. The kid will be superboy! And that's like the comics isn't it?
5. He throws pianos. How cool is that? come on:supes:

:confused: woo hoo. Superkid!

You're kidding, right?:o

Nope. Throwing pianos is awesome. they make alot of noise.

Cinemaman said:
The kid isnt so bad. But it would be good to see him dying for saving Superman in film.

Then Superman will become angry!

A) IF the kid is REALLY Supermans then yes him dying will definitely be good Character Development for most of the "Good" Main Characters

B) However if the Kid is not Supermans I see Richard dying & the kid living & that way Lois will blame Superman for Richards Death because he did not save him due to jealousy or something & Superman will have to deal with that until Lois realizes the truth

Kinda like in Spider-Man 2 Harry sees him with his Dead Dad Lois can see Superman carrying a Dead Richard

You are some sick bastards wanting this cute kid to die like that. Damn that's sick. I'm ashamed I belong to this place now.

singer doesn't kill kids. Especially in a superman movie. Stop dreaming about it.

Wesyeed said:
You are some sick bastards wanting this cute kid to die like that. Damn that's sick. I'm ashamed I belong to this place now.

Id feel bad for the kid. He has some ****ed up parents. Although to be fair you cant really blame Lois for anything. Supes erased her memory :o

Superman shouldve been responsible enough to use the pull out method...

Oh and Im not a fan of the Superkid.

He's got movie kid hair. Which pisses me off by default.

I'm open to the idea. Superman's never really had to deal with a child before (Superman III doesn't count), and it kind of feels good to know that he can be a father. And like what others have said, so long as the child doesn't overshadow the father, I think the kid's introduction isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Isnt the kid Mardsen's in the movie and Lois is his stepmother?

To be honest, I don't think inserting the kid is a good idea. But I'll reserve final judgement because I want to see how it plays out onscreen.

But can someone please comb his hair? I don't care for the windblown look; I would expect the Man Of Steel's progeny to be better groomed than that. :(

Also, what's up with all the death wishes for this child? :down

nightwing06 said:
Isnt the kid Mardsen's in the movie and Lois is his stepmother?

I hope so, to be honest. I mean, i'm open to the idea of Superman having a Superkid, but... it'll make sequels tough. I'd just rather it be Lois's stepson or something, that way they can be written out in future sequels easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"