Who should be the director?

According to our pal Umberto Gonzalez (El Mayimbe), the duo met with WB about the Flash during a hiatus in the Han Solo production.

Didn't WB reject their original pitch?

No their pitch is still being used I believe. They never were going to direct it...

I think they will now though. I dont see Zemeckis doing it and them leaving Han Solo seems like kismet. A month away from Comic-Con as well...

I'd be happy with either Zemeckis, Vaughn or Lord/Miller so I'm happy.

There was this in the report

“Forrest Gump” director Robert Zemeckis is currently the frontrunner to direct the DC Film’s “The Flash,” one of the insiders told TheWrap.

Don't believe el mayimbe's report, no other trade picked it up

Mayimbe works at a legit trade now. However, Deadline, THR and Variety aren't going to throw conniption fits about being scooped unless Miller and Lord actually do sign on for The Flash.

Directors meet with studios all the time about doing films or pitching potential films to them. Doesn't mean they'll pan out.

Zemeckis for flash, vaughn for mos2, lord and miller for shazam.

Last edited:
With Lord & Miller now free, it's the perfect time to bring them in to direct the film they apparently had a hand in writing

Hey WB, you now have an opportunity to get Lord/Miller.
tenor.gif

Zemeckis for flash, vaughn for mos2, lord and miller for shazam.

Hm... Given that David F. Sandberg's latest movie, Annabelle: Creation is also getting very positive early buzz, especially the direction aspect of the movie, after the already successful outing with Lights Out, I'm more than happy to have him direct SHAZAM.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the general idea of a Nightwing movie.

I want to see flash dancing to "everything is awesome"

I'd be happy with either Zemeckis, Vaughn or Lord/Miller so I'm happy.

There was this in the report

I mean it makes sense if Zemeckis is interested they would be actively pursuing him more than other candidates. He would definitely create a bigger "splash" than other choices.

I mean it makes sense if Zemeckis is interested they would be actively pursuing him more than other candidates. He would definitely create a bigger "splash" than other choices.

Definitely. I'm fine with waiting if it means he's directing

I really want Phil Lord and Christopher Miller for The Flash more so than Robert Zemeckis. I think they can really make an awesome entertaining film that relates to the youth and children of this day and age. Tbh I think WB should completely try to get them back on and let the go about their vision for this, because they will make a great movie.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller Directing The Flash
The galaxy — far away and nearby — was shocked when directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were suddenly fired from Lucasfilm’s Han Solo prequel, with only several weeks left in the production. While Lord and Miller, who had previously directed irreverent comedies like 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie, were unlikely choices to helm a major Star Wars blockbuster, they seemed like a good fit — fresh blood to invigorate the old-school approach of Lucasfilm and Disney.

It’s always unfortunate to see talented directors out of work, but according to reports, that may not be long for Lord and Miller. Before leaving the Star Wars spin-off, the directing duo had apparently met with DC Films under Warner Bros. to discuss another troubled blockbuster production: The Flash.

Lord and Miller apparently met with DC Films — which oversees the DC Extended Universe including Batman v. Superman, Wonder Woman, and the upcoming Justice League — during the production hiatus of Han Solo to discuss the possibility of directing The Flash, according to The Wrap.

Seth Grahame-Smith (writer of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) was once on board to direct, but he fell away from the project as well, and then Rick Famuyiwa (Dope) came on, only to leave the project last year over creative differences. The embattled superhero solo movie has had trouble nailing down a director since. It’s unclear to The Wrap’s sources whether Lord and Miller were already considering leaving Han Solo at the time.

But don’t be so quick to jump to assume we’ll see Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing The Flash — The Wrap also reports that Robert Zemeckis is still considered the frontrunner to helm the superhero movie starring Ezra Miller as the titular speedster.

However, with Lord and Miller so publicly out of a job, I think that may swing things in their favor — especially considering the fact that Warner Bros. had originally tapped them to pen the script for The Flash in 2015. The script may no longer be recognizable after several rounds of edits from the revolving door of directors since both of the aforementioned filmmakers reworked the script, but Lord and Miller could feasibly return to the project they helped kick off.

Personally I would love to see Lord and Miller’s irreverent brand of comedy brought to The Flash — who has often been the lone bright spot in a team of self-serious superheroes. The Flash has often been relegated to comic relief in animated or comic book team-ups, but bringing a more light-hearted tone to the dour DCEU is necessary for Warner Bros. right now. And with the critical and commercial success of the optimistic Wonder Woman, that may be the direction that DC Films’ co-heads Jon Berg and Geoff Johns are looking toward.

Despite a troubled production, The Flash is still set to hit theaters March 16, 2018

So, still no actual word about if they are looking at or being sought for FLASH? JEEEEEZ...

I think that George Miller would be a good choice for Shazam.

Lets hope if by chance Lord and Miller get the job they dont tick off WB like they did Lucasfilm. I dont want Flash to be a screwball comedy. (which is the rumor of what Han Solo was going to be)

I don't think we should be scared of comedies and Lord and Miller have proven they can do comedy mixed with action mixed with a good story which is what the flash should be. Plus if anyone can do gorilla grodd or captain cold well it'll be them

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"