Who should be the director?

He's apparently focused on Metal Gear now. But if they throw enough money at him...

Raimi is still my top superman pick. And Vogt Roberts was my knee-jerk reaction after seeing kong.

He was already in my mind after Kings of Summer, but he cemented it with Kong: Skull Island.
Plus, after wanting to shake-up the bedrock.

Why does everyone want Lord and Miller ? When they had the change to make it, didn't they walk for Han Solo? And now there's this big mess about them and their attitude on the solo movie.The DCEU doesn't need that kind of PR imo and I would rather have someone who's truly commited to this movie.

I see the potential for a great flash movie in zemeckis.

I see the potential for a great flash movie in zemeckis.

I don't know why so many were down on that idea. So he hasn't reached the blockbuster heights of the 80's recently. That is as much about the subject matter he's chosen to do as anything. FLIGHT and THE WALK were never going to be breakout blockbusters in my opinion, but they were hardly crucified by critics. He is a master of VFX and production design and he has an impish but charming sense of humor in a lot of his work. I would hope for a Flash solo film he would tap into his BTTF side a bit. Plus, love or hate GUMP, this would be a Flash film literally with an Oscar caliber director at the helm if he had gotten the job.

Why does everyone want Lord and Miller ? When they had the change to make it, didn't they walk for Han Solo? And now there's this big mess about them and their attitude on the solo movie.The DCEU doesn't need that kind of PR imo and I would rather have someone who's truly commited to this movie.

It would actually be good press. It can easily be spun as a return of the guys that originally broke the story for the movie. Not to mention having been involved with the preliminary work on the film in some capacity they are a leg up on all other choices. I really think only the most blinkered SW fan presumes they have some scarlet letter draped around their necks that makes them untouchable to the studios, but especially at WB. The two LEGO films made more than respectable BO and WB wants to get the Flash solo, uh, up and running. ;) It would be win-win.

I haven't heard anything else, but I guess WB is happy to wait for Zemeckis to finish his film with Universal first.

Several big things going for Zemeckis (aside from his talent and track record), if WB will wait for him, is that he is a fast shooter and tends to keep his movies around 2 hours or less. Flight took 45 days to film, The Walk a little over two months, and Allied three months.

And then add a Silvestri score on top. It will probably be the first DC film Silvestri scores for Warner Brothers if Zemeckis stays on.

I am all for Bob if the scheduling works out, but he'd still be my number two choice after Lord and Miller.

Zemeckis is still my #1 choice and I'll be a little disappointed if we don't hear anything at SDCC

I think if it's Lord/Miller Flash will arrive 2019, if Bob then 2020 (I saw he's finishing end of 2018 with his current project)

Zemeckis as Flash director...I sure hope so

I think if it's Lord/Miller Flash will arrive 2019, if Bob then 2020 (I saw he's finishing end of 2018 with his current project)

This is why I think L&M are a slightly better choice, at least for the fans (and the studio). We get the movie sooner than later.

I was really liking the idea of Rick Famuyiwa as the director before he left, but the more I think about it the more I feel like that it was PROBABLY for the best.
He could have easily gone in a weird direction with it.
Just like Ayer did with Suicide Squad.
The character being changed to work with their style.

Who knows who will pick it up next
but hopefully they're a better fit.

I know this is all old news but but I've been thinking about it :funny:

Last edited:
So Mark Hughes is saying that Zemeckis is WB's top choice for the director of The Flash and is most likely to land the job. His schedule will be clear after finishing an untitled Universal movie.

Fingers crossed, maybe they will announce the directors after JL for MOS2 and FP. Hnnngh

I don't know why so many were down on that idea. So he hasn't reached the blockbuster heights of the 80's recently. That is as much about the subject matter he's chosen to do as anything. FLIGHT and THE WALK were never going to be breakout blockbusters in my opinion, but they were hardly crucified by critics. He is a master of VFX and production design and he has an impish but charming sense of humor in a lot of his work. I would hope for a Flash solo film he would tap into his BTTF side a bit. Plus, love or hate GUMP, this would be a Flash film literally with an Oscar caliber director at the helm if he had gotten the job.

MartinFreemanohgod-yesSherlock.gif

My dream choice would be either Ritchie or Wright, but I see Zemeckis as WAY more likely to happen and it honestly would be a home-run with him at the helm for all the reasons mentioned here.

And on and on.

That's so...vague, like the author just read Screenrant or something.

They should get Ron Howard in and get him to narrate the movie arrested development style.

Barry: changing the past is a good idea
Narrator: it wasn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"