Who should be the director?

Someone who won't leave the movie before it even starts filming

Any person who can do that deserves to direct the movie!

Somehow of a relief he left. Director with some experience is better than one without, but I don't think his movies were good.

As for who should take over - no idea.

This is just tedious at this point, especially given Famuyiwa's passion going into this, based off of his tweets and such. I almost can't even pity Warner Bros and DC at this point because it's like they're going in circles.

Yes, I'm sure Famuyiwa is so much more passionate about bringing The Flash to the big screen than Geoff Johns is. What good is writing the franchise for over 15 years when there are tweets? :o

Edgar wright directs movies in his own style demands creative control. He isn't getting that at wb. Wright also has a couple movies already lined up.

Ehhh, I've seen plenty of filmmakers saying that WB is one of the best in that regard.

Zack Snyder. I mean why not. He is only director which WB does let do his work.

Yes, I'm sure Famuyiwa is so much more passionate about bringing The Flash to the big screen than Geoff Johns is. What good is writing the franchise for over 15 years when there are tweets? :o

You're right. Let's see what Johns and Warner Bros have in store since course correction and having someone who knows the comics involved will do.

Since, you know, Warner Bros and DC have been on such a stellar roll thus far.

Last edited:
Jordan Vogt-Roberts he directed the really good coming of age comedy Kings Of Summer and he has Kong Skull Island for Warner Brothers

I'm sure WB is typically that way, but the DCEU seems to be a different story.

So uh, why did they already lose two directors here?

3 if you count Michelle MacLaren. Although she did want a talking tiger in a Wonder Woman movie instead of a Captain Marvel movie.

Alien Anal, clean it up with the swearing or the mod's are gonna pounce on you.

Alien Anal, clean it up with the swearing or the mod's are gonna pounce on you.

Yeh I got the warning but thanks though. For some reason I assumed it would have been censored anyway.

Creative differences is what's being said is the reason . He was wanting to make an edgier Flash movie which the WB didn't want. Can't say I blame them. After trying edgier with the past few films and now Geoff Johns and crew working on bring a more hopeful cinematic universe which also means probably a more traditional Flash movie . A movie that sticks a little closer to the comics . Probably for the best , I mean staying true to the look and spirit of the comics has done wonders for Marvel not to mention great directors . I see Warners as trying to finally get this right and if that's what they are really trying to do then I will be patiently waiting and when released one of the first in line . I'm still excited about the D.C. Cinematic universe .

Well edgier doesn't mean 'not hopeful'.

My fear, with Johns at the helm, is that the Flash movie will be too traditional, too vanilla.

Yeh I can't imagine edgier means darker in this circumstance. I'd say dope is quite an edgy movie yet it isn't grim dark

My fear, with Johns at the helm, is that the Flash movie will be too traditional, too vanilla.

Exactly my fear too. But cant judge a movie like this before even it starts filming. Depends on the execution really.

You say traditional and vanilla, I say solid foundation for the future. Let's construct before we even think to deconstruct.

You say traditional and vanilla, I say solid foundation for the future. Let's construct before we even think to deconstruct.

exactly i'd take traditional over wtf we got in BVS i wanted traditional lex luthor and i got jim carrey's riddler instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"