Who should Direct Aquaman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was leaked. It wasn't WB plan. So this changed WB plans of announcing upcoming things...

Because one thing got leaked it doens't mean they are going to announce a bunch of stuff early. In a year this will be forgotten. They can still announce it when they want. (which I am assuming would be a month or two before Midnight Special)

I really hope Jeff Nichols gets it.

Although I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be accidentally referring to him as "Josh Nichols" quite often.

Because one thing got leaked it doens't mean they are going to announce a bunch of stuff early. In a year this will be forgotten. They can still announce it when they want. (which I am assuming would be a month or two before Midnight Special)
True. But you can denny that the least thing we would have expected is Aquaman's director before... Flash?
I'm curious if there are some things (announcements) that will get leaked and if WB knows it and therefore they can move forward before they got leaked in this current informatic storm.

IMO they need to confirm Aquaman director though. However they can do it whenever they want... I'm not their boss. :p

Last edited:
True. But they need to confirm this ASAP.

It didn't gain much traction at all. Release it in October, everyone will see it and they'll hope to get a boost in BO for Midnight Special. They went 5 months without confirming Momoa as Aquaman when sites like Variety and Hollywood reporter were saying he was, think of how long they can go when a couple no name sites report it.

Besides, that letter is from October. Anything could have happened since then like a change of director earlier this month...

^^ I don't think so. They mentioned as a sort of impossible choice because they named him as the Aquaman director.

It didn't gain much traction at all. Release it in October, everyone will see it and they'll hope to get a boost in BO for Midnight Special. They went 5 months without confirming Momoa as Aquaman when sites like Variety and Hollywood reporter were saying he was, think of how long they can go when a couple no name sites report it.
It's because its far away (2018) from happening yet. However in Momoa case we haven't known that Aquaman was in the works. But now we have the knowledge and IMO this is a different story. But I think they will likely do it as with MacLaren. Maybe we'll have a Variety or THR article this week if they dig it with their sources. Who knows?

Last edited:
Screenrant? the collector of other sites data? :oldrazz: Besides That movie is slated for 2015. Aquaman for 2018. I trust more in the hacked e-mails in this one.

It was just someone in the comments section at Screenrant pointing out that the plot of Midnight Special involved superpowers. Nothing else about what you're going on about, which doesn't even make sense. Of course the information is from those hacked emails.:whatever:

It was just someone in the comments section at Screenrant pointing out that the plot of Midnight Special involved superpowers. Nothing else about what you're going on about, which doesn't even make sense. Of course the information is from those hacked emails.:whatever:
I think you didn't get my point, or maybe I didn't yours. My point was that the e-mails put him as Aquaman director not superheroe or superpowered guy movie director like it will be for Midnight Special. Besides Midnight Special is for 2015 and Nichols involvement was known some time ago; so to think that they confuse one movie from 2015 with a movie from 2018 would be really silly.

It's pretty clear to me that Sony didn't interfer because he closed deal with Warner/DC. If it were for that movie they wouldn't rule out him.

I think you didn't get my point, or maybe I didn't yours. My point was that the e-mails put him as Aquaman director not superheroe or superpowered guy movie director like it will be for Midnight Special. Besides Midnight Special is for 2015 and Nichols involvement was known some time ago; so to think that they confuse one movie from 2015 with a movie from 2018 would be really silly.

It's pretty clear to me that Sony didn't interfer because he closed deal with Warner/DC. If it were for that movie they wouldn't rule out him.

haha well that certainly cleared it up. :sus :lips:

I didn't say and neither didn't anyone at screenrant that anyone is confusing Midnight Special with Aquaman. Just that Nichols had some experience with superpowers in "Midnight Special" and that may be why he would be interested in doing an Aquaman movie after that. And how the themes of "Midnight Special" would be good experience for him if he were to take on Aquaman next. No one is disputing that the hacked Sony email was referring to anything but Aquaman.

Last edited:
Then, my apologizes to you for not understanding your point. I do know. :)

It's just that the idea of Nichols on Aquaman is really exciting.

It's just that the idea of Nichols on Aquaman is really exciting.

I'm excited too. It's an intriguing choice. I imagine it focusing very much on Arthur Curry discovering how he is a man of two worlds (like the new animated movie seems to be doing) and discovering the extent of his powers. I hope we get these big set pieces too and fully explore the world of Atlantis.

I want to see this for Atlantis!!!
Atlantis_-_New_52.jpg

Weta would be the ideal to bring this to life.

I just read this old interview with Nichols:

Now that you've got an indie hit and you're working on a studio movie, is the possibility of a franchise movie in your future?

I've always told people that my opinion of success is to have an in-ground swimming pool at my house. If I'm going to sell out, I should at least sell out for enough money to put in a swimming pool. I don't know. I'm open to anything. It's just, the confidence I've gained from making three films that I don't think totally suck is to trust my instincts, and if it's not feeling right, don't force it. At this point, I've actually said "no" to a lot of things. I've said "no" to some franchises, and I think I'm going to do exactly what I want to do. If there's a franchise that fits into that, awesome. It's not like I'm opposed to it, the idea of it, but it has to be the right thing at the right time. I have to enough confidence in the process. That was the thing about taking the job with Warner Bros. They gave me confidence that I would be taken care of and that I would be listened to and all these others things. If the story is right, if the situation is right, absolutely. I would love to, but they're few and far between and I read them. I think it would have to be something that I develop. I would be shocked if the script fell in my lap, but even that's possible. There are some great writers out there.

He also talks about "Midnight Special", his "sci-fi chase film" inspired by movies like John Carpenter's "Starman".

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/08/07/jeff-nichols-midnight-special-interview/

He said swimming three times!!! Aquaman confirmed :o

I would say Snyder but if not him then definitely Duncan Jones, David Bowie's son

Duncan Jones or Francis Lawrence for Flash! Nichols would such a fantastic choice for Aquaman!

Crossing fingers!

with Nichols on board, i think we can be confident in a great storyline...

hopefully he can handle the visuals though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back