James Wan WILL direct Aquaman

Well, let's see... James Wan just days ago tweeted a photo of a table read with his three main cast members after several instances of location scouting and the like, while, on the other hand, questions of whether or not Affleck would for sure direct the solo Batman have been passed around for a few months now and the film, as a product of Affleck himself, has only been spoken of in the abstract, so...

I don't think we should worry about Wan. Everything seems like it's right on track!

I feel like now we ought to start a clock counting down to Wan's surprise departure because he'd feel more comfortable directing Saw VIII instead.

Actually out of all what DCEU has planned this movie looks like it's going...smoothly? They seem to be right on schedule, there were some promo pics already, table read photo...

Why are people suddenly worrying about Wan?

For me, mostly kidding since, well, based on the trend of lukewarm to bad news with this universe, it wouldn't be a huge surprise. But as said, and I agree, Aquaman seems the most stable out of these films so far. Plus, the fact that filming hasn't begun means there aren't any supposed leaks of it being a mess.

That and Wan being a proven, competent director.

I wonder if James will ever do a twitter q and a? His twitter game seems very strong and I've got so many questions for him. I suppose he'll save that sort of thing for comic con or whatever

James tweeted that he didn't want to make the SDCC footage public because he doesn't think it's ready yet and I'm happy to see many Aquaman fans support him on that.

Aquaman fans are the best fans

Wan was the perfect choice for this, interesting that he sort of followed in raimi’s footsteps, first horror and then classic pulpy comic book hero. In fact, I sort of got Brendan Fraser’s ‘the mummy’ vibes from this

Wan is style AND substance. Snyder's just style.

I've enjoyed Wan's horror movies and it's so great that he pulled off Aquaman.

Wan is style AND substance. Snyder's just style.

I've enjoyed Wan's horror movies and it's so great that he pulled off Aquaman.

wan did just the right amount of style vs substance that fits perfectly for an aquaman movie, imo.

also, personally, i don't feel snyder is just style. he does try to inject some depth into his movies, but yes, one can argue that it gets buried under too much of that "snyderism" can't fault the man for trying tho!

wan did just the right amount of style vs substance that fits perfectly for an aquaman movie, imo.

also, personally, i don't feel snyder is just style. he does try to inject some depth into his movies, but yes, one can argue that it gets buried under too much of that "snyderism" can't fault the man for trying tho!

Wan knows how to get to seduce the Popcorn audiences....Snyder’s substance....you either love it or you don’t

Eg I hated the 300 style and tone but I loved his DC stuff mins the Pa Kent moment, and I enjoyed his sucker punch and my wife liked it too, she gets it I think, lol.

But hey the world loved 300 so I am not “normal”

Wan knows how to get to seduce the Popcorn audiences....Snyder’s substance....you either love it or you don’t

Eg I hated the 300 style and tone but I loved his DC stuff mins the Pa Kent moment, and I enjoyed his sucker punch and my wife liked it too, she gets it I think, lol.

300 is probably my least liked movie of Snyder's.
visually it looks cool, but that is about it for me.
i felt more like a visual experiment on his part.

and yup, aquaman does feel like the most popcorn, mainstream of the dceu movies so far.
and that's not necessarily a good or bad thing - but it fits the character, imo

Sucker Punch was awsome tbh

300 is probably my least liked movie of Snyder's.
visually it looks cool, but that is about it for me.
i felt more like a visual experiment on his part.

and yup, aquaman does feel like the most popcorn, mainstream of the dceu movies so far.
and that's not necessarily a good or bad thing - but it fits the character, imo

Haha. And I enjoyed Terrio’s substance in a certain DC film lol, he’s only won an Oscar.

Like Wan’s substance is more visual and action based but he didn’t really dive into the pollution issues that deeply in the story, but he give you other stuff to chew on and discuss, like how Mera Arthur kiss was great or BS....Fisherman King moments were ok or BS, Arthur and Manta dad stuff....and he nails his 3rd act and the ending is exactly what families wanna see....unlike say Logan where I just complained about how mutant kids all froze while X-24 was beating the crap out of Logan lol

Snyder's just style.

Patently untrue. MoS will suffice as a single example, but so does the underappreciated BvS, which was unfairly trimmed down by WB before release to maximize showings (a move they repeated with Justice League because they knew what was going to happen there).

I'm not a fan of 300, either, but it's essentially a panel-for-panel translation of Miller's GN. I'm a fan of Miller's previous work (Daredevil, Ronin, TDKR, Batman; Sin City not as much), but 300 never resonated with me.

Patently untrue. MoS will suffice as a single example, but so does the underappreciated BvS, which was unfairly trimmed down by WB before release to maximize showings (a move they repeated with Justice League because they knew what was going to happen there).

Ya it’s more like he has substance but weather the mainstream appreciate it or not it’s a different matter, like ya MOS is about immigration and first encounter, BVS about absolute power and corruption, fear and paranoia, and parent-son issues

Ya it’s more like he has substance but weather the mainstream appreciate it or not it’s a different matter, like ya MOS is about immigration and first encounter, BVS about absolute power and corruption, fear and paranoia, and parent-son issues

so many of these superhero movies are about the parent child dynamic and how it has shaped them.
BvS is alot bout compare and contrast of how batman/superman/lex's dads shaped them into who they are.

also, aquaman is alot bout his parents too.
i'm just glad james wan
decided to have both of arthur's parents still be alive. that is a nice change of pace from all the usual superhero stories where every hero has DEAD PARENTS!

That's subjectively speaking. Snyder's had more cons than pros in the DCEU.

Snyder should stay away from writing and directing where he's "style" isn't suited for.

Jason Momoa called Snyder a legendary genius, I heavily disagree.

so many of these superhero movies are about the parent child dynamic and how it has shaped them.
BvS is alot bout compare and contrast of how batman/superman/lex's dads shaped them into who they are.

also, aquaman is alot bout his parents too.
i'm just glad james wan
decided to have both of arthur's parents still be alive. that is a nice change of pace from all the usual superhero stories where every hero has DEAD PARENTS!
I hear the parent stuff is the most emotional. All comes full circle.

Oh Snyder tries to 'inject' stuff in this movies but his ambition exceeds his skills by so so much. In addition to being boring his movies are laughably pretentious. Wan doesn't have that problem

James now has two billion dollar films under his belt. So happy for his success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"