Who should direct Captain America?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hey, there are some rumours that Captain America will be the next film made after Incredible Hulk. We've all listed our choices for the main role so who should direct?

Doug Liman (Bourne Identity, Mr. and Mrs. smith)

Ridley Scott (Alien, Gladiator)

Paul Verhoeven (Robocop, Starship Troopers)

Brad Bird (Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille)

I don't think Eastwood or Spielberg because it may be interpreted as trivializing WW2 soldiers.

Spielberg or Ridley, either of those would be perfect. But really, they'll probably get a more low-key director.

Eastwood or Speilberg would be my choices. Though they are unrealistic.

Whedon should stay far away from this!

I'm hoping for Shane Black. I'm also hoping they won't use too much visual effects so that it actually feels like a super soldier can do all the things the actor can do. Also, it takes the believability out of it, like in Daredevil

James Cameron James Cameron James Cameron

If I was producing any of these superhero flicks, I'd try to get Cameron on board.

John McTiernan. Predator, Die Hard, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Hunt for Red October...the man knows how to make an action movie. I would be very interested to see what he could do with Cap.

Spielberg, Cameron, or Eastwood would be tight as hell. Shane Black is an interesting choice. He's a great screenwriter, but he'll have to direct more than Kiss Kiss Bang Bang before I'm sold on him.

As far as the poll options, I went with Clint.

John McTiernan, Martin Campbell, Ridley Scott or even Tony Scott. :up:

We'll probably end up with somebody like Steve Carr though. :o

^ I still like McTiernan but Tony Scott is a pretty good choice. Nice.

Other,i was thinking like Steven Speilberg..or if i had to vote from the poll..it would be Clint Eastwood.

Please no Bryan Singer, let him stay with Superman.

The obvious hcoice has a Steven Speilberg or Ron Howard written all over it. But neither would do it in a million years.

Of the list I voted for Joss Whedon. But I think it's a hard sell. I think you need someone who sees the depth but can make am ovie that is contemporarily patriotic without being laughable flag waving (and not SM3, I'm talking Sly Stallone or '60s John Wayne stuff here).

I think it may be best to look at smaller directors who haven't enterted the genre with unique visions a la Sam Raimi, Chris Nolan and Bryan Singer (and soon Jon Favreau, hopefully).

I'd say Brian DePalma is an interesting choice, but again he'd never do it. Same with Scott.

I don't know.

Though a geek favorite, I think Martin Campbell would be a great choice, btw. The man can adapt into perfected lore and make crowd pleasers that please (Zorro).

If Spielberg ever did a comic movie it would be AMAZING. Realistically, go with someone who's a big Cap fan kinda like how Raimi was with Spidey.

JJ Abrams (producer of Alias and Lost on TV, director of Mission Impossible III and the forthcoming Star Trek).

Joss Whedon would be a good pick to direct Teen Titans for Warners or the Young X-Men spinoff for Fox.

Shane Black would be an excellent choice to direct a Deadpool movie.

I voted other. I think Phil Alden Robinson could pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"