Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
When it comes to avengers who are MIA, one of the biggest names that nobody's mentioning today is Ms. Marvel. Marvel has a script ready and they're currently greenlighting Phase 3 films. Plus, we've never managed to get a half-decent female superhero film. Supergirl, Catwoman and Elektra were all terrible in their own ways and it's about time that a great one finally gets made.

The question is who should play her. I have a few names in mind but I'm not sure if any fans feel the same way.

Yvonne Strahovski. but i'm sure that they'll want to go younger.

Kristen Bell? Seriously? I love her but she's a tiny pixie. Which Carol Danvers most certainly is not.

Normally I'm against fan-favorite TV actors for these kinds of roles because there are usually far more qualified film actors out there, but I actually like the idea of a TV actress as Carol because then she (and Mar-Vell) could blend into the other MCU properties (including possibly Agents of SHIELD) as a pilot first, and Mar-Vell as Dr. Lawson, before they ever get a showcase of their own. I just feel like their story and relationship would be best-served over a longer period than just a movie. Then when Mar-Vell's true identity is revealed and Yon-Rogg enters the picture, that's when their movie would happen.

So with that preferred approach in mind, the TV actresses I like for it are Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, Dexter), Katee Sackhoff (BSG) and Katheryn Winnick (Vikings).

Yvonne Strahovski. but i'm sure that they'll want to go younger.
Younger than 30? I seriously doubt they'd consider that to be too old.

Last edited:
None that are listed that's for sure. Needs to be an "other" choice.

None that are listed that's for sure. Needs to be an "other" choice.

Can you clarify your "other" choice?

Also, I was thinking that Jennifer Lawrence would work but she's WAY too young for the role. Ms. Marvel should be somebody between 30 and 45.

f*** it. Go big. Get Charlize Theron.

If DC is still dragging their feet on Wonder Woman and somehow Ms Marvel gets greenlighted, she will be the first powerhouse superheroine to hit the big screen. That deserves a top tier actress.

T"Challa;26585245 said:
f*** it. Go big. Get Charlize Theron.

If DC is still dragging their feet on Wonder Woman and somehow Ms Marvel gets greenlighted, she will be the first powerhouse superheroine to hit the big screen. That deserves a top tier actress.

I can't believe I forgot her. Is there a way to edit a poll for a fifth option to add her to the poll?

Charlize would be awesome, no doubt.

Can you clarify your "other" choice?

Also, I was thinking that Jennifer Lawrence would work but she's WAY too young for the role. Ms. Marvel should be somebody between 30 and 45.

By the time Marvel ever get a Ms. Marvel movie on track Jennifer Lawrence will probably be at the right age. Also a 45 year old Carol Danvers???? I don't want her to be a Milf.

Yvonne-Chuck-Sarah_300.jpg

It's probably not a possibility in the near future due to her role in Arrow, but I feel like Katie Cassidy would be a solid choice as well.

Of all the others mentioned in the thread here, Yvonne Strahovski & Emily Blunt would be good in the role as well. I like Alice Eve better as Sue Storm, but I could see her pulling off Carol Danvers too.

I'd love Charlize Theron in the role, but by the time the movie gets made, she will be 40. I wonder if she (or the studio) would commit to the franchise at that point. And yes, I know there is a HUGE double standard.

1) Charlize Theron

Experience. Talent. Beauty. Only downside at all is age, and it's relatively minor. Milf-fear won't change the fact that she's an attractive lady who's very believable as a military powerhouse.

2) Abbie Cornish

If age is just too much, Cornish is also a classically attractive award winning blonde actress with action cred to her name (albeit, in Sucker Punch).

3) Yvonne Straohvoski

If budget is an issue, and talent isn't the main concern, someone who has played a similar part before would be your best bet. Hard to beat out Strahovski for that.

Abbie or Yvonne would be great.

3) Yvonne Straohvoski

If budget is an issue, and talent isn't the main concern, someone who has played a similar part before would be your best bet. Hard to beat out Strahovski for that.
I don't disagree with your list at all, but Strahovski is talented, btw. I mean sure, her role on Chuck wasn't all that challenging, but not only is her character on Dexter completely different, she also had theater critics positively raving about her performance in last year's Broadway revival of Golden Boy, and those critics are a particularly tough crowd.

Interesting, didn't know. So she's no longer a distant third. Nice.

Charlize Theron would be perfect.

Just, perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"