Marvel and Norton Clashing Over Final Cut of Film?

Ed Norton was on Today on Monday promoting earth day or something like that

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffr...tor-ed-norton-promotes-green-propaganda-today

People may pounce on this pointing to the fact that Ed didn't plug the Hulk at all.Honestly,I think if he were to plug during this spot it would have looked bad on him.People would have assumed he was just on there to plug instead of being focused on the environmental issue.

I'm sure he'll start promoting this film on all the major networks very soon.

One more chapter: in this article, Leterrier denies that Norton was difficult or there was a dispute, and insists both him and Norton are proud of the movie:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=52730

My take is: I´ll see the movie and judge for myself. If it feels like the theatrical cut of DD, where the movie clearly feels like "chopped" and incomplete, then Leterrier and Norton´s recent statements are BS.

Huh, that's funny because if my eyes aren't playing games on me, in the latest MTV interview with LL, he acknowledges there was a fight but that it ended 15 minutes later.

Again, it's apparent to me there was something; it just wasn't as big as we thought it was, initially. There's no need to trash journalists for merely doing what they're paid to do... getting the scoop.

My awareness of the above article is courtesy of Advanced Dark, btw.

[pauses for a moment of silence]

Huh, that's funny because if my eyes aren't playing games on me, in the latest MTV interview with LL, he acknowledges there was a fight but that it ended 15 minutes later.

Again, it's apparent to me there was something; it just wasn't as big as we thought it was, initially. There's no need to trash journalists for merely doing what they're paid to do... getting the scoop.

My awareness of the above article is courtesy of Advanced Dark, btw.

[pauses for a moment of silence]

I hope that what he says is true and isn't just trying to play down an actual dispute. I'd hate for any bad blood to jeapardize any sequels.

I remember reading somewhere that Norton didn't want to do the usual chronological storyline of a comic book movie where you have the introductions of characters, character gets powers, etc and that the Hulk's origin would be seen through flashbacks throughout the movie. But based on the recent screening of clips, it sounds like Marvel decided to just put it all in the beginning in a credits sequence. I wonder if this is one of the things they clashed about.

I remember reading somewhere that Norton didn't want to do the usual chronological storyline of a comic book movie where you have the introductions of characters, character gets powers, etc and that the Hulk's origin would be seen through flashbacks throughout the movie. But based on the recent screening of clips, it sounds like Marvel decided to just put it all in the beginning in a credits sequence. I wonder if this is one of the things they clashed about.

They clashed about the running time. Leterrier and Norton wanted 2hr 15mins but Marvel wanted something under 2hrs then they both agreed on 1hr 52mins.

They clashed about the running time. Leterrier and Norton wanted 2hr 15mins but Marvel wanted something under 2hrs then they both agreed on 1hr 52mins.

I thought they agreed on 2hr 5 mins?

That's what I was thinking as well, especially after reading about the opening credits sequence.

^Good idea.

Also we don't know if it will be enough because we haven't seen the film.

I think a good Hulk movie can be cut into 2 hrs. Personally I don't want to see a Hulk movie any longer than that anyhow.

is it odd that Roth, LL and Feige have been doing all the promoting and interviews for this flick? where's Norton been?

^It is odd but somebody did say something about him and Tyler being on the MTV movies award show so I guess he will advertise for it.

I know they clashed over the running time because Marvel wanted a more tighter film, but my point was if the opening credits sequence was changed before or after the fallout.

I think they have to be careful about not having TIH run for too long. IMO I just dont think audiences want to sit through a Hulk movie any longer than that.

Hopefully they went with the Marvel on this one

^It is odd but somebody did say something about him and Tyler being on the MTV movies award show so I guess he will advertise for it.

Yes, Norton and Tyler will be presenters at the MTV movie awards.

Hopefully we'll be seeing Norton and co. hit the talk show circuit soon as well. I like to give the benefit of the doubt but the lack Norton interviews thus far does worry me a little.

There is a long Edward Norton interview on Total Film, about The Incredible Hulk.

That's what I was thinking as well, especially after reading about the opening credits sequence.

So the flashbacks are opening credit for sure? I think that's actually better. I don't like the Nolan format where you jump all over from flashback to present. Don't get me wrong... Nolan is phenomenol with that stuff... but being that Marvel is inexperienced with this stuff just go simple and put all that origin stuff in the beginning right off the bat.

There is a long Edward Norton interview on Total Film, about The Incredible Hulk.
Yeah it's a good article, but the general public doesn't read Total Film. Two weeks out from Iron Man there were Downey interviews everywhere in print and online. Would like to see some Norton interviews in Premiere, Entertainment Weekly, not to mention video interviews on Yahoo, IGN, etc.

That's weird, because I heard 1 hour and 65 minutes.

:huh:

You're joking right? 60 minutes = 1 hour

I think 2 hours is fine for a film...it's the pacing that makes it unbearable or not. IM was 2 hours, but flew by. The first Hulk was 2 hours, and dang if it didn't feel longer.

You're joking right? 60 minutes = 1 hour

I think 2 hours is fine for a film...it's the pacing that makes it unbearable or not. IM was 2 hours, but flew by. The first Hulk was 2 hours, and dang if it didn't feel longer.

Lol you must not know Art Teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"