Who Should Play Samus in a Potential Metroid Movie?

even though she's been suggested for almost every comic flick role i think Charlize Theron would make a great Samus, despite her being miscast as Aeon Flux...

normal_glamour-extra16.jpg

...btw, i'm with the camp that's getting tired of Milla as the leading action chick. then again i also don't like the fact that she married that hack of a director Paul Anderson.

edit: found a cool image of Samus if anyone wants to base their casting on it. she kinda reminds me of Uma Therman in this...

psamuspo4.jpg

Theron is a great actress but she probably wouldn't touch Metroid with a 10 foot pole. I'm pretty sure that after Aeon Flux, she's done with the popcorn / action / scifi genre.

Rachael Taylor FTW! :D

Wow...that was...wow.

First off, casted isn't a word. When are people going to realize that the word "cast" works for all tenses, past, present, and future?

That is so unnecessary.
I made a typo. I'm sorry...

:rolleyes:

Second, let me get this straight.

All those movies with all those a-list celebtrities in them, surely the director and producers could have just picked any other a-list celeb to fill out the cast and bank on name recognition alone to draw in the crowd.

Casting other A-listers raises the budget, and after you have the A-lister, who is the vehicle for the film, you start to hold auditions for the other roles.

But they didn't. Instead they held auditions. And along comes relatively unknown Milla Jovovich and she goes in and auditions and the director and producers cast her for the role and gets to appear with previously mentioned a-listers. How isn't that any sort of proof that directors and producers think she has talent?

This is where your bias blinds you. How about all of the other relatively unknowns? And I'm not talking about the ones who are famous now. I am talking about everyone else that the director and producers cast in a movie with "insert name here", and you really haven't seen them in anything else. They auditioned for a role, the director and producers chose him/her, and they landed the role. Why was Milla any different? She wasn't looked upon as a prodigy when she got casted? Even Harrison Ford, Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, (etc.) all weren't viewed upon as some prodigy that would one day be deemed Hollywood icons. They got their big breaks, landed their respective roles, and went on to become what they are today from that one point.

I don't understand what you mean by the last sentence. Never once did I say the director or whoever cast Milla Jovovich in her films thought she was talentless. Obviously, if they didn't think she had potential, she wouldn't have landed the part, now would she?

I'll say it again, I think Milla Jovovich is a horrible actress. I think she is sub-par, especially judging from her choice in films since Resident Evil. She's not credible to me, and if you aren't credible, you aren't a good actor.

On a side note, Final Fantasy is horrible. Worst overrated series in videogame history and the turn-base battle system is bar none the worst thing in videogames. That style of play should have stayed in card and board game where it belongs.

You always can separate the mature from the immature posters from posts like this. You seriously took the time to ridicule me and my avatar, which had nothing to do with this thread. I did not personally point you out in my earlier post. You didn't see me joke your user name, or call you a n00b. I only disagreed with what you had to say, but then there are always clowns, like yourself, that let their ego and bias get in the way. Because I disturbed your blatant Milla bias, you had to make it equal by taking a jab at me.

Nice. :down

Theron is a great actress but she probably wouldn't touch Metroid with a 10 foot pole. I'm pretty sure that after Aeon Flux, she's done with the popcorn / action / scifi genre.

i agree...i still think she'd be great for the role though. definitely a better fit for her than Aeon Flux was. oh well...

even though she's been suggested for almost every comic flick role i think Charlize Theron would make a great Samus, despite her being miscast as Aeon Flux...

normal_glamour-extra16.jpg

...btw, i'm with the camp that's getting tired of Milla as the leading action chick. then again i also don't like the fact that she married that hack of a director Paul Anderson.

edit: found a cool image of Samus if anyone wants to base their casting on it. she kinda reminds me of Uma Therman in this...

DAMN! thats the real invisible woman f4

Cuthbert is ridiculously overrated. To this day I still can't understand why people are so obsessed with her. She's kind of hot, but I don't get why she gets so much attention. Her face doesn't really seem to change expressions, either.

Better than a piece of **** actress Cuthbert.

I m not saying she s the best actress. I don't like her my self but she really looks like samus ...And so far there s no video game that was really good on the big screen and knowing how Hollywood works if I was you I wouldn't have any expectation. Halo and Metroid will be big action movies with plenty of cg and no story at all!

HailtotheKing, we are discussing Milla Jovovich. She was brought up as a person to portray Samus, which relates to this thread. It'd be great if you posted whatever you had to say to me in this thread. I don't really like having huge discussions via PM, ok?

:up:

hmm... I wouldn't mind Charlize Theron either. I like how similar she looks to that badass Samus picture. Sadly I haven't seen her in anything outside of Aeon Flux.

hmm... I wouldn't mind Charlize Theron either. I like how similar she looks to that badass Samus picture. Sadly I haven't seen her in anything outside of Aeon Flux.

She's a great actress. One of the best leading ladies out there.
Sadly, like someone else said, after Aeon Flux, she probably turned her back on the popcorn movies, aside from hopefully making The Brazilian Job.

I don't think Hewitt would look right as Samus or blonde.

Why is it that some people think that Angelina Jolie should play every friggin' action heroine on the planet? What happens if she dies in a car accident tomorrow, will they have to stop making movies with female leads? :o

hehe...whenever the casting for a superchick is in question you'll always here these names...Kate Beckinsale, Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, and Jessica Biel. Monica Belucci will most likely always been included as well.

as for Jolie, i only ever wanted her for Catwoman...but now she's too skinny and gettin' too old.

In recent years, Elisha Cuthbert and Evangeline Lily have been appearing more and more on those lists as well, with the occasional Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansen, and depending on the standards of the group in question, maybe Milla Jovovich.

Samus's basic criteria is that she's tall and blond, however I am somewhat picky when it comes to who plays her. Rachael Taylor is quite promising though, and on top of fitting Samus' physical description quite well, she's also a fresh face. The fact alone that she hasn't been included in 1,000,000+ fanboy discussions for various "superchick" roles helps sweeten the deal for me. The fact that I wouldn't constantly be thinking "Lara Croft," "Aeon Flux," "Seline," or "Leeloo" while watching her as Samus would be a major plus.

^ that is awesome

as much as Milla could probably play the role.

I AM SICK OF SEEING HER.
a Metroid movie would be just ANOTHER excuse to show her pale flat scrawny ass.

I am sick of seeing her, she isn't cute any damn way.

This thread is old, but I started playing Metroid Prime on Gamecube again lately, and I think a blonde Missy Peregrym, if not cast as WW, would work definitely as Samus Aran.

missyperegrym.jpg

This thread is old, but I started playing Metroid Prime on Gamecube again lately, and I think a blonde Missy Peregrym, if not cast as WW, would work definitely as Samus Aran.

missyperegrym.jpg

Make her the right shade of blond, and you'd get a resounding "Hell Yes!!" from me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"