Endgame Who should take down Thanos?

writer0327

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know everyone is speculating on who *will* take down Thanos, but who do you feel would have the most satisfying reason? Thanos has done a lot of bad things to a lot of these characters.

I think the whole team will do it as some sort of combined effort but personally I think Cap, Tony & Thor should be the ones to land the final blows as it sort of all started with them.

I think Nebula should kill him, but I think - well, actually, no, I think Nebula also will kill him, because I believe that Thanos is killed pretty early on in the film, and is not the main villain. So I don’t think Steve or Tony will kill him: I think they’ll kill whoever the real villain is.

I think Thor has lost the most out of the original Avengers and has been on an arc to kill Thanos, so from that perspective I think he should do it.

From a character perspective that doesn't rely on just what we've seen in films I think Nebula is a great choice. She's pretty much had every aspect in most of her life ruined by Thanos.

Nebula... I don't know how but she should be the one. People say that she's a supporting character so she doesn't deserve the honor of defeating the villain of 3 phases, but screw that noise. She's the one whose life has been affected the most by his evilness... well, her and Thor, I guess.

I would say it's either going to be a group effort, or it will be Nebula. If it is Nebula, she likely dies in the process.

I think they are going to throw us a curveball. No one is going to kill Thanos. Somehow, he will realize what he's done isn't a solution and will reverse on his own. They won't redeem him but I don't think it will end the way we all think.

As long as we don't get something stupid like this:

RecentWetEastsiberianlaika-max-1mb.gif

It will probably be a team effort but Nebula should be the one to deliver the final blow. She's the one who's suffered the most at the hands of Thanos so it's only fitting.

Nebula has a solid case. Maybe the best of all. She was tortured, belittled, and torn apart. But consider:

Quill lost Gamora
Thor lost Loki
Gamora lost her entire family, home, and life
Hulk lost his mojo
Stark lost his lil buddy Pete

My choice would be Gamora if they bring her back. If not, Nebula has to be the one to apply the coup de grace.

I think Nebula should kill him, but I think - well, actually, no, I think Nebula also will kill him, because I believe that Thanos is killed pretty early on in the film, and is not the main villain. So I don’t think Steve or Tony will kill him: I think they’ll kill whoever the real villain is.

This is an interesting idea. I don't think there is a "big bad" in this film beyond Thanos but hey... who knows? It would certainly be a shocker.

I think they are going to throw us a curveball. No one is going to kill Thanos. Somehow, he will realize what he's done isn't a solution and will reverse on his own. They won't redeem him but I don't think it will end the way we all think.

As long as we don't get something stupid like this:

RecentWetEastsiberianlaika-max-1mb.gif

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Man that looked bad when I saw it in the theater but it looks 10,000 times dumber when viewed in gif format. He looks like Uncle Fester in that scene.

I think introducing a new villain and killing Thanos early would sort of be utter crap, LOL!!! Like, to me, that's like Voldemort gets the Elder Wand, and then 15 minutes into Deathly Hallows Part 2, Salizar Slytheran rises from the grave, kills him, and declares himself villain of the movie. It's not dramatically satisfying at all.

Nebula has a solid case. Maybe the best of all. She was tortured, belittled, and torn apart. But consider:

Quill lost Gamora
Thor lost Loki
Gamora lost her entire family, home, and life
Hulk lost his mojo
Stark lost his lil buddy Pete

My choice would be Gamora if they bring her back. If not, Nebula has to be the one to apply the coup de grace.

Thanos didn't only kill Loki, he killed half the remaining Asgardians, including Heimdall.

I hope that Gamora doesn't come back more than something that haunts Thanos. She had a very good tragic arc in IW and her struggle lives on with Nebula.

I think introducing a new villain and killing Thanos early would sort of be utter crap, LOL!!! Like, to me, that's like Voldemort gets the Elder Wand, and then 15 minutes into Deathly Hallows Part 2, Salizar Slytheran rises from the grave, kills him, and declares himself villain of the movie. It's not dramatically satisfying at all.

LOL yeah it would be dumb but I would ALMOST forgive it if the villain was Doom. And not Christian Troy Doom from the first two Craptastic Four movies or Victor Domeshlub from Fantfourstic. I'm talking about VICTOR VON DOOM.

LOL yeah it would be dumb but I would ALMOST forgive it if the villain was Doom. And not Christian Troy Doom from the first two Craptastic Four movies or Victor Domeshlub from Fantfourstic. I'm talking about VICTOR VON DOOM.

I wouldn't care who it is, LOL! Seriously, 22 movies in and it would end with random villain tossed in at the 11th hour, it would hurt the MCU in its entirety for me. I wouldn't want to marathon it as much anymore.

I wouldn't care who it is, LOL! Seriously, 22 movies in and it would end with random villain tossed in at the 11th hour, it would hurt the MCU in its entirety for me. I wouldn't want to marathon it as much anymore.

Yeah, that's true. It would be really infuriating.

Lol, well, at this point, I’d be a little (just a little) surprised if Thanos is the main villain. I mean, it’s likely he is, of course, but I’m not entirely convinced.

Lol, well, at this point, I’d be a little (just a little) surprised if Thanos is the main villain. I mean, it’s likely he is, of course, but I’m not entirely convinced.

I could see them being given another threat they have to fight on their way to Thanos, but Thanos I cannot see being anything but the main/final villain. Like I said, anything else would be the same as killing off Voldemort or like the Fellowship destroying the ring in the first 10 mins of Return of the King and then having to fight a new villain the remaining 3 hrs. When you send the audience on a journey like this, the conclusion has to be satisfying. Changing main villains when you built this guy up since The Avengers just would make people feel like you wasted their time. I know I would, and I am as big a Marvel fan as you can get.

Personally I feel like defeating Thanos is undoing the snap, because that thwarts his entire plan, so if another villain steps in then it doesn't matter for me.

It has to be Hawkeye with a regular human strength neck snap ala Man of Steel. It’s time to show that Marvel can be just as brutal in terms of tone and darkness.

It would be awesome as well for Hawkeye and Black Widow being able to injure Thanos with regular pistols and bare fists with normal human strength. It would certainly give depth to both characters

No one, Thanos i think he should remain in MCU...like he does in the comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"