The Dark Knight Who should've met their demise at the end of TDK:

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
If you had only one choice, which character by the end between Joker and Two Face would you have chosen to "bite the dust"/"Die"?

Do you think that Two face could've had another arc to follow had he survived at the end to follow into another film? Or do you think his character had no loose ends and that his demise was a necessary at the end of the film?

As for the Joker, apart from Batman being the one responsible for it, but would it have been better to have him met his demise at the end(and in no way is this decision affected because of Heath's passing of course, just only in the context of his character)

Could Two-Face of had another arc? Sure, if the character was different than how Nolan had created him. If Harvey had been more like the Animated Series Harvey Dent, and by that I mean he had a Wife, and he and Bruce were Old Friends, I think a strong Plot point for Part 3 Could have been Bruce trying to save Harvey, while Batman had to battle Two-Face. A possible redemption of Harvey Dent. The Animated Series got so many things so right (sigh). Have you ever read that, I think it was in No Man's Land where Two-Face was the Prosecutor and Harvey Dent was the Defense in a Execution trail of (I can't recall the womans name). That would have been something to see in Part 3. I agree that the way he was in "The Dark Knight" it was time for his story to end.

I like what the Joker had to say at the end of the Film, that they are destined to be opposing each other forever. Sounds like something out of a Greek Tragedy.

So I like the way it all played out.

There's no option for neither . . .

I know what you mean. I mean the way Harvey was written in TDK, you can't really imagine him setting up an crime organization and having goons of his own, unless they're messed up in the head, probably Harvey convincing them that Gotham is corrupted and such and his goons acting more like vigilantes then regular goons.

As epic as it sounded when Joker said to Batman that they're destined to do this together, I'm really curious to see what they plan on doing with the character if they come back for a third film. I mean they wrapped up Scarecrow's arc so ppl won't be able to say that he's still on the loose, but with Joker, he was such a big time villain in Nolan's world, it can't but make you wonder, if they'll mention him at all in the background in the next film or talk about what happened.

The way I see it, they could do two things for the Joker without disrespecting Heath's performance.

1. They could say that at the end of the third film Joker escaped his cell once again and end with Batman after proving his innocence to Gotham going back on the neverending chase of good vs. evil, and If I'm not mistaken they do have some footage I think of Heath left as the Joker that they didn't use, maybe they could use that and some editing tricks to show a glimpse of him at the end, and Batman chasing him.

2. Say that he was executed, sent to the chair.

I honestly can't see them recasting the role after the performance that Heath gave to the character.

There's no option for neither . . .

well like I said at the top, "if you had only one choice" between the two, because obviously almost everyone would pick the neither option and that makes it all to predictable.

I vote Reese.
Just think how many less threads there'd be now.

I think both characters would have had a good story to continue in #3, although Two Face's arc was done so they'd have to find something else besides Rachel to drive him to murder. However, since Heath is dead, I think it'd be better to put away Joker so it won't be recast again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"