The Dark Knight who wants penguin in the film

Yes, I'd love to see the Penguin in the movie and he can easily be portrayed in a realistic way.

Two Face said:
Not lame as The Ventriloquist or Clock King.

Lamest than Ventri and same as Clock dude. Qhat's the deal with Penguin actually.... umbrellas? a big nose? a tuxedo? birds? Because arrogance and ambition is about every single villiain out there.

I'd like to see Penguin, yeah, don't know if it's necessary though....DK will probably have too many characters, so it might be just a cameo.

El Payaso said:
Lamest than Ventri and same as Clock dude. Qhat's the deal with Penguin actually.... umbrellas? a big nose? a tuxedo? birds? Because arrogance and ambition is about every single villiain out there.
I see penguin as a lame-ass who tries to validate himself by joining the super-villain community. Except he can't cut it and basically just sucks at it, so he has to hire help....like Bane.

Which leads to my Penguin-Bane team up movie idea.

El Payaso said:
And... how exactly a monster can't be a villiain? Or vice versa?
I think it's pretty obvious, Nolan would make the Penquin less of a monster/animal and more like a man with ambition and corruption. Not a raw fish eating and black drooling creep. What I meant by villain is that he would be a criminal character with more class and sophistication than walking around in a one peace penquin-finned hand suit. In short, make him more human and less animal.

Eastwood said:
i wouldn't mind if he was in the film if bob hoskins was the penguin i didn't like the burton version so that swhy i am not sure

i'm indifferent to nolan using the penguin unless he casts a phenomenal actor in the role. i loved burton's penguin for what burton was doing with returns, but a truer adaptation might be okay. i've never loved teh villain that much.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is a phenomenal actor. :o

According to the mysterious source over at IMDB(and yes, I'm fully aware IMDB is not to be trusted, but hey, news is slow) the Penguin will indeed be in the film as a mobster, like originally rumored.

That interview with Nolan suggested strongly that the Penguin wouldn't be in it.

Nolan lies alot. Don't trust that man.

I always like the idea of the Penguin making a cameo being an illlegal arms dealer with a guise of a socialite businessman and competitor of Bruce Wayne industries.

if not Penguin, then I definitely want the other villains to show up in some capacity. because I don't like the whole only one villain in gotham at a time. it should be all of them out there, not necessarily all active, but all out there.

Yeah multiple villains is good. Cobblepot would be best served as an arms dealer who has some sort of confrontation with Maroni and the mob in general, then have a gang war. A gang war in TDK would be great. Remember Crane is responsible for releasing alot of crazy people from Arkham.

Then we have Maroni as another villain and of course the main man, Joker. I can see how people may think that's too crowded-Dent, Bruce, Batman, Gordon, Joker are all characters which need alot of screen time. That's why we need a 2.5-3 hr film.

Two Face said:
Not lame as The Ventriloquist or Clock King.
I said "One of", & I'm not pulling for those cheeseballs either.

The truth is that aside from Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, The Joker, Catwoman and Two-Face(and perhaps Mr.Freeze) Batman's rogue's gallery isn't that great, not for movie adaptations. I can't believe anyone would seriously want to see The Ventriloquist in a movie. :rolleyes:

I would like to see them include him if they were to go with that foreign arms dealer idea I heard some time back.

I honestly like The Ventriloquist and Clock King.
I'd be happy to see them as minor villains in a Batman movie.

Ruf Chiyuuk said:
I honestly like The Ventriloquist and Clock King.
I'd be happy to see them as minor villains in a Batman movie.

Clock King would be hard to do. He'd have to go by his real alias. If he was in a movie I'd have him as a cameo with him always looking at his pocket watch and carrying an umbrella wearing a brown bowler hat and suit. I don't think he'll ever make it into a movie however.

The Ventriloquist could work though in Nolan's world.

Bring on the fine feathered fiend.

I'd love to see The Penguin done in Nolan's vision. As long as he has the trademark tux, monocle, cigarette holder, and umbrella. I'll be happy.

NinjaTurtkeFan said:
Clock King would be hard to do. He'd have to go by his real alias. If he was in a movie I'd have him as a cameo with him always looking at his pocket watch and carrying an umbrella wearing a brown bowler hat and suit. I don't think he'll ever make it into a movie however.

Make the Clock King a completely time obsessed man ( like in BTAS, minus the ability to affect time ) He could be seeking revenge on certain people and would use his "time knowledge" to set bombs, etc. and find a way never to get caught by anyone, due to his uncanny ability to calculate everyone's movements and such.

... would it be too "unbelievable" for Nolan?

Not a big fan of th epenguin but would be cool to see what nolan would do with the character

WeaponXProject said:
I think it's pretty obvious, Nolan would make the Penquin less of a monster/animal and more like a man with ambition and corruption. Not a raw fish eating and black drooling creep. What I meant by villain is that he would be a criminal character with more class and sophistication than walking around in a one peace penquin-finned hand suit. In short, make him more human and less animal.

Here you go...
penguin1.jpg

Penguin's truly a lame villain but I still love him. I like the mutant freak penguin burton came up with most though.

Wesyeed said:
Penguin's truly a lame villain but I still love him. I like the mutant freak penguin burton came up with most though.

Bah. The classic version is superior.

And he's not lame. I think he has the most untapped potential out of any of Batman's rogues gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"