Who will be Bruce Wayne/Batman's love interest?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If anything if this solo film The Batman ever gets off the ground who do you think will be Bruce/Batman's love interest in the film? I mean every CBM does have a love interest who will be the Pepper to Bruce's Tony? Used a Marvel analogy but still you get the point. Now who should be Bruce's love interest? I will go with Vicki Vale

It's a veteran Batman we're getting for The Batman, presumably, so the logical choice is Selina. As much as I quite like the Bruce/Diana dynamic in BvS, Justice League and the old JL cartoon show, Selina Kyle is the ultimate romantic interest for Bruce Wayne. BvS already implied that Bruce and Selina had some sort of history in the past, so it'd be great to see Selina appear in The Batman and delve a bit more into that.

I'd love for Selina to appear in more than one of the films in Reeves' trilogy and eventually get her own solo film down the road too. It's kinda frustrating that she's only ever made one-off appearances in the previous two cinematic Batman incarnations.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman as Ben Affleck's love interest I can actually get behind that too but as for who should play Selina Kyle/Catwoman? My top 5 choices being:

5- Charlize Theron; her and Ben have also worked together in the past if you remember the holiday action classic Reindeer Games they played love interests in that film way back when and Charlize she actually could nail the role of Selina Kyle to perfection

4- Gemma Arterton (Clash of the Titans, Prince of Persia) she and Ben Affleck were in a film together so the chemistry definitely would still be there

3- Jordana Brewster (Fast and the Furious franchise; Lethal Weapon TV series)

2- Lynn Collins (John Carter) (2012)

1- Sienna Miller (GI Joe: Rise of Cobra); her and Ben Affleck also worked together on Live By Night and their chemistry in that film was sizzling to the point that she would make the most believable Selina out of the 5 here on this list

See, thing is that I absolutely do not believe that Ben Affleck will be in The Batman. Might be Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman (I hope), might be someone else. But it won't be Affleck.

As for actresses, I like Eiza Gonzalez or Eva Green off the top of my head.

Eiza Gonzalez was superb in Baby Driver and it'd be great to get an onscreen portrayal of Selina that can visually reflect her Cuban heritage in the comics. That said, Gonzalez is a bit young- ten years younger than Gyllenhaal-, so that might be a problem if we're working with Veteran BatCat. However she does a good job of selling herself as being a bit older in Baby Driver, in which her character is in a long term romantic relationship with Jon Hamm's character. So I think it'd probably be okay if she's acting off with a younger actor than Affleck as Batman, like Gyllenhaal (who is nine years younger than Affleck).

And Eva Green is pretty self-explanatory. She's been one of my favorite actresses for over a decade now and she's still phenomenal today. My only hesitation for her playing Selina would be whether or not she could do an American accent. I've only ever heard her use a English accent of some sort. That and it'd be a little disappointing to still not have a film reflect Selina's Cuban heritage (though not a deal breaker for me).

As far as getting actresses who can reflect Cuban heritage well there is Eva Mendes she could portray Selina Kyle in that aspect or even Jordana Brewster even though she isn't Cuban in real life she plays a Cuban character Mia Toretto in the Fast and the Furious franchise so I could definitely see her pulling it off

But if they do not make Selina Cuban then best bet would be Eva Green...Eva actually can pull off an American accent especially if you watched Sin City A Dame to Kill For she uses an American accent there

As far as getting actresses who can reflect Cuban heritage well there is Eva Mendes she could portray Selina Kyle in that aspect or even Jordana Brewster even though she isn't Cuban in real life she plays a Cuban character Mia Toretto in the Fast and the Furious franchise so I could definitely see her pulling it off

But if they do not make Selina Cuban then best bet would be Eva Green...Eva actually can pull off an American accent especially if you watched Sin City A Dame to Kill For she uses an American accent there

Yeah, Eiza Gonzalez herself isn't Cuban, I think. But casting a Hispanic or Latina actress for the part would be really nice, I think.

Oh nice! Haven't seen that film yet myself, so I'll need to check it out.

Eiza Gonzalez as Selina Kyle/Catwoman now that I think about it I actually can see it

Armie Hammer as Batman and Timothée Chalamet as Robin and double down on Wertham's worst fears.

I tend to think the only "real" love interests for Batman are Catwoman and Talia. If your not doing a Ra's al Gul story, well, that leaves Selina.

Just, seriously, don't cast an actress who looks 20 years younger than Bruce. Not unless the idea is that Middle Aged Batman meets Catwoman for the first time ever now. . . and since TDKR already *did* that, why are you doing that again? Selina Kyle should look plausibly in the same age range as Bruce Wayne, so that they can have been doing their thing for 10-20 years without making Batman into a child molester.

I'd prefer an original character. We had Selina in two films. We had Talia. We had Vicky Vale. I think Mask of the Phantasm is a good template. Even Rachel Dawes, despite my dislike for her, is an interesting option. Or even Dr. Chase Meridian. Not a great character, but you get the idea that I want more new characters in Batman movies. Make her a superhero/supervillain or just an ordinary person. It will add certain degree of unpredictability to the film.

Last edited:
Armie Hammer as Batman and Timothée Chalamet as Robin and double down on Wertham's worst fears.

Oh my gosh I love that. I don't know who wertham is but timothee would be a really interesting Robin

I'd prefer an original character. We had Selina in two films. We had Talia. We had Vicky Vale. I think Mask of the Phantasm is a good template. Even Rachel Dawes, despite my dislike for her, is an interesting option. Or even Dr. Chase Meridian. Not a great character, but you get the idea that I want more new characters in Batman movies. Make her a superhero/supervillain or just an ordinary person. It will add certain degree of unpredictability to the film.

We haven't seen a truly great talia yet though

We haven't seen a truly great talia yet though
The thing with Talia is that, again, we will have to deal with crazy-ass ninjas of the League of Shadows and Ra's. And we had it recently and extensively. I'd rather give a female character spot to Poison Ivy instead, if we need a classic female villain. It's been a while. She also can flirt and mess with Bruce or try to manipulate him or some other major character in the film with both her charms and science.

The thing with Talia is that, again, we will have to deal with crazy-ass ninjas of the League of Shadows and Ra's. And we had it recently and extensively. I'd rather give a female character spot to Poison Ivy instead, if we need a classic female villain. It's been a while. She also can flirt and mess with Bruce or try to manipulate him or some other major character in the film with both her charms and science.

I'd rather Ivy be saved for an appearance with Harley. Despite the DCEU's lineup of films presumably being in freefall right now, I think it's a safe bet we see Margot Robbie as Harley again since she was the breakout star of Suicide Squad.

Honestly I still think the best option is to go with Selina. We've had her in two other movies before, yeah, but we've never seen that relationship in the context of an overarching series. It's always been confined to one film. It'd be a new angle to see Selina and Bruce interact over the course of a trilogy, especially if they already share a history with one another.

They won't be able to make a proper Harley-Ivy film. They will **** it up one way or another. It's hard to make a serious film. It's much harder to make a dark comedy film. I don't think this film will ever happen. So there's nothing to save Ivy for.

Margot will appear in SS sequel, most likely. Assuming it happens after JL debacle. And that's it.

I love Catwoman, but I'm a bit tired of her. Especially considering there's plenty of characters that didn't get proper spot light in Batman live action.

Shondra Kinsolving could be interesting. The whole love story in Knightfall always felt really forced to me, but she was an interesting character. What ever happened to her?

This is probably my Burton bias talking, but I'd like to see Vicki Vale again.

I'd like to see a genuine Talia this time around.
Being that we're at this stage in Bruce's life / Batman's career,
I feel like he would have had history with Talia at this point.

Selina Kyle would be something I feel, at this point, he
knew would never be able to work.

Vicki Vale if anything comics wise works because she was his longest love interest or how about Andrea Beaumont

Silver St. Cloud, maybe.

I'd like to see a genuine Talia this time around.
Being that we're at this stage in Bruce's life / Batman's career,
I feel like he would have had history with Talia at this point.

Selina Kyle would be something I feel, at this point, he
knew would never be able to work.

I could see Talia being brought in, but only if Reeves and Warner Bros decide to introduce Damian into the DCEU. Otherwise they run the risk of just retreading Nolan territory from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises.

Realistically speaking, Damian is the most likely candidate for audiences to see a new onscreen Robin. It can't be Dick since he's already Nightwing and it can't be Jason since he already died. I get the feeling it's a bit too late in the timeline for Bruce to only just now be bringing Tim on as a new Robin... but Damian can work. Bruce has been Batman for twenty years now, making it quite easy for him to have had that night with Talia.

As for Selina not working... I think Tom King would like to have a word with you. lol :cwink: :sly:

But yeah, if we get Talia as a romantic interest for Bruce, I would hope that the DCEU establishes Talia didn't rape him in order to conceive Damian like she did in the comics and animated film series. That's the only way I can really see Talia working as a romance for Bruce in the DCEU.

Talia could work but then again isn't she more or less a villain? Same going with Selina so which is why I would definitely go with either Silver St. Cloud or Vickie Vale as his love interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"