The Dark Knight Rises Love Interest in the Third Film

I'd say Selina Kyle/Catwoman serves as the best story potential. In the context of TDK , Bruce is still hurting from Rachel's death and as someone stated he throws himself into being Batman. In a sense he's emotionally unavailable . Once Catwoman shows up, a young woman's who motives and means closely mirror his own, the lines become blurred. She's his opposite in every way execpt she's an avenging angel as opposed to a wider theme of social justice that Batman carries.

The one thing I think Burton got right with BR was the idea of Bruce and Selina being very much soul mates , just representing the opposite sides of the same coin. I'd love to see Nolan handle this theme the right way .

I'd say Selina Kyle/Catwoman serves as the best story potential. In the context of TDK , Bruce is still hurting from Rachel's death and as someone stated he throws himself into being Batman. In a sense he's emotionally unavailable . Once Catwoman shows up, a young woman's who motives and means closely mirror his own, the lines become blurred. She's his opposite in every way execpt she's an avenging angel as opposed to a wider theme of social justice that Batman carries.

The one thing I think Burton got right with BR was the idea of Bruce and Selina being very much soul mates , just representing the opposite sides of the same coin. I'd love to see Nolan handle this theme the right way .
Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"