Who will be Bruce Wayne/Batman's love interest?

Get Silver St. Cloud in there. I would also appreciate seeing the genuine Batman/Talia relationship on screen.

My first choice would be Silver St. Cloud. Definitely Silver St. Cloud.

I'd also love to see a proper Talia Al Ghul and a live action version of the classic Batman/Talia romance.

As long as its not Selina again, I'm good. We've seen three different takes of Bruce/Selina on film already, and she got to settle down with Bruce in the last one.

Silver St Cloud sounds great. I would love to see some influence from the Strange Apparitions storyline.

Yeah. I'm all for Silver or Selina. To be honest, I don't see the fact that Selina's been done thrice as a reason to not do her for a fourth time. So long as the actress can offer something new (preferably better so it'd be extra worth it) to the role, I don't see why Selina couldn't work again. Especially in the somewhat more comic accurate design of the DCEU (not in terms of morals, unfortunately, but in terms of aesthetics and general personality, for the most part).

I'd be down for Silver St. Cloud or Shondra Kinsolving.

Considering that they stay true to the comic book characterizations:

- Traditional Talia is boring, middle-aged man's fantasy.
- Silver St. Cloud is a bland character
- Vicki Vale is okay (stop thinking about the "soft" Basinger version), but probably too derived of Lois Lane
- Nocturna, could be done well, but probably too "purple prose" for a movie (but people don't know this character anyway).
- Catwoman is overdone
- Julie Madison, well, not much could be done to fit her into a cinematic plot
- Julia Pennyworth, just boring.

Cannot think of any more love interests so far, excluding some of the villains like Poison Ivy, but that never worked for me. Somehow love interests don't mesh with Batman.

Considering that they stay true to the comic book characterizations:

- Traditional Talia is boring, middle-aged man's fantasy.
- Silver St. Cloud is a bland character
- Vicki Vale is okay (stop thinking about the "soft" Basinger version), but probably too derived of Lois Lane
- Nocturna, could be done well, but probably too "purple prose" for a movie (but people don't know this character anyway).
- Catwoman is overdone
- Julie Madison, well, not much could be done to fit her into a cinematic plot
- Julia Pennyworth, just boring.

Cannot think of any more love interests so far, excluding some of the villains like Poison Ivy, but that never worked for me. Somehow love interests don't mesh with Batman.

I mean, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm showed it best with Batman Beyond; at the end of the day, Batman is destined to end up alone.

Vicki Vale makes the most sense especially now

Yeah. If Reeves is going for more of a detective/noir angle, a reporter makes sense.

How about something revolutionary -- no love interest at all?

I'm so down.

I wouldn't mind seeing Silver St. Cloud though especially if Strange is involved. I just really like the idea of Strange Apparitions being an influence on this movie

If Batman's solo outing is going to be detective/noir in the sense that it is going to be dark then his love interest should be a reporter and who better than Vicki Vale, really? Plus Vicki is the most recognizable out of all of his love interests whether it be in the films or in the comics

Julie Madison and Selina have always been who I have considered his two most serious love interests (aside from Talia in The Demon trilogy)

I'd be for that.

I'd prefer he worked with worked with a female detective or cop like Ellen Yin of the Batman cartoon, Sarah Essen , or Renee Montoya on a platonic level for a film as opposed to another love interest.

So far , except for BOMOTP, they haven't pulled off the love interest thing that satisfactory or great imo. Beaumont has been the best in terms of on screen gf's imo.

Michelle Pfeiffer was imo, the closet to being a decent live action
love interest , and that was mostly because of her chemistry with Keaton. Bassinger was fine,but her character was pretty one note and you really didn't get the sense Bruce was falling for her.

In concept Rachel,as a love interest could have worked,but there really wasn't much to the character and neither actress really helped make her that interesting as a character.

Toss between Selina or Vicky. Probably Selina even though Vicky would be the obvious choice.

You guys are looking at the bland options. Poison Ivy, Huntress and Black Canary can easily be introduced and utilized as love interest/villain/supporting character.

Helena Bertinelli Huntress easily gives them a Jason Todd style story without making it the 50th UTRH adaptation and they can avoid stepping on Winter Soldier's toes too with her. If they want a gangster film then she's the best option. Ivy is self explanatory, similar to Helena but also different as an outright villainess. Black Canary is another solid choice, they can break up easily at the end of the film or are more like flirting partners than outright lovers. She can work with any type of story. Sasha Bordeaux is another choice, Fugitive can easily be translated to the big screen. They just need to replace Cain with a more interesting villain which they have by the truck loads.
We honestly dont need Vicki or Julie or Silver. These types belong in the past. Todays audience expects strong kickass ladies or witty partners with agency or the OTP which in this case is Bat/Cat. Eye candy damsels have no place now and they're a waste of time. Even their presence could displease fans and critics I personally want meaningful love interests. They can easily still use Talia too because she still has tons of potential due to being Damian's mother among other things.

You guys are looking at the bland options. Poison Ivy, Huntress and Black Canary can easily be introduced and utilized as love interest.
Sorry but no. If there's one thing that Batman doesn't need is more love interests. He already has enough of them.

Last edited:
You guys are looking at the bland options. Poison Ivy, Huntress and Black Canary can easily be introduced and utilized as love interest/villain/supporting character.

No, no, absolutely not. Especially to Ivy. The very idea of Ivy is that she challenges Batman's self discipline. Him resisting that is what makes Ivy such a great villain to Batman.

Canary would make no sense seeing as she'd be better off introduced as Green Arrow's love interest for obvious reasons. And the last thing I want is a Batman, Green Arrow and Black Canary love triangle.

Huntress I could /maybe/ see working, but only with a lot of changes to her character. Which I really don't think is needed because Huntress is such a great character already.

Sorry but no. If there's one thing that Batman doesn't need is more love interests. He already has enough of them.

Poison Ivy and Black Canary have already been his love interests historically to begin with, the only addition I made is Huntress which can easily make sense.

No, no, absolutely not. Especially to Ivy. The very idea of Ivy is that she challenges Batman's self discipline. Him resisting that is what makes Ivy such a great villain to Batman.

Canary would make no sense seeing as she'd be better off introduced as Green Arrow's love interest for obvious reasons. And the last thing I want is a Batman, Green Arrow and Black Canary love triangle.

Huntress I could /maybe/ see working, but only with a lot of changes to her character. Which I really don't think is needed because Huntress is such a great character already.

Um where did I say Batman wont resist her? write her as a multidimensional almost heroic character to make Batman resisting her that much more difficult and impressive.

There are no Green Arrow plans in this universe and Canary is not an exclusive Green Arrow character to even begin with. She has ties to JSA and BOP. Backstory wise she grew up in Gotham, her best friends are Babs and Huntress. Why deprive the character the chance to tap in to her potential, heck her own story because she's supposedly betrothed to a non existent Oliver Queen who already has a CW show. Introduce Canary in Batman and she can go off to Batgirl and Birds of Prey after that. Its exactly the sort of thing Marvel studios would do.

I dont see what changes they'd have to make. She'd be the exact same character, even in the comics she craves Batman's approval. They just have to make her a LI instead of wannabe underling.

Again they dont have to be outright lovers creating love making sessions. That's a very narrow definition of love interest. I's rather see Ivy seducing Batman not just with her looks but with her ideology, methods and points and similarities to Batman himself, same goes for Huntress without there being an outright love session than scenes with him kissing Vicki or Julie or whatever generic love interest.

I'd agree with those that are saying none at all. It is I hope, in this day and age, possible for someone not being with someone as a representative state of life on screen, besides, there's already a huge amount to fit into the film without having another set up of a 'one film relationship' before studly muffin Bruce moves onto someone else in other following films, as is his want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"