Who will be Lex's best man?

BasinCityBlues

Civilian
Reaction score
Since Lana said yes to the proposal, there will most likely be a wedding, but who will be Lex's best man? Obviously Clark will not be(Unless Lex has another trick up his sleeve) and his status with Lionel has improved, but probably not up to best man standards for Lex, so who will be his best man?

If it gets that far maybe Lex will call Pete or ask Oliver to do it

what makes you think Lex and Lana will even make it to the alter?

where the hell do you get those ideas?
Lex hardly knows Pete, and Lex and Oliver are rivals

Just random thoughts & yes Lex & Oliver are rivals but I think they respect each other & they did sort of patch things up in the Duncan episode.

what makes you think Lex and Lana will even make it to the alter?

I never said they would, I'm just saying that IF they do, who will be Lex's bes man, and if they dont make it to the alters, then who will Lex consider for his best man?

Lex has no male friends, and thus he must choose his father by default.

but anyway, i doubt they will make it to the altar
no one, not even Lana, could be that ignorant.......well, maybe Lana could....

Am I the only one who realizes that Lana KNOWS Lex has a shady part of himself but loves him anyway...? I mean c'mon, you all keep complaining about Lana's "ignorance" even though it's been made pretty clear in past episodes this season that she's not naive and that she's trying to "protect Lex from himself."

Am I the only one who realizes that Lana KNOWS Lex has a shady part of himself but loves him anyway...? I mean c'mon, you all keep complaining about Lana's "ignorance" even though it's been made pretty clear in past episodes this season that she's not naive and that she's trying to "protect Lex from himself."
well then someone should "protect" me from Lana
because i look back at Reckoning and sob when i realize that we were almost rid of her character

well then someone should "protect" me from Lana
because i look back at Reckoning and sob when i realize that we were almost rid of her character

I feel sorry for ppl who actually sob over their hatred for a friggin TV CHARACTER...

Yes, she's hypocritical. Yes, she has flaws. But thats what makes her a good character...she acts like a real person.

I feel sorry for ppl who actually sob over their hatred for a friggin TV CHARACTER...

Yes, she's hypocritical. Yes, she has flaws. But thats what makes her a good character...she acts like a real person.

I feel sorry for anyone that actually knows a person as insipid and shallow as a real life Lana Lang.

I agree with you to a point, but as much as Lana *thinks* she knows Lex, and that he's showing her all his sides, she really is still being duped. He's showing her enough, just enough.. to make her feel that he's giving her something that Clark has refused her - trust and honesty. So, in that sense, she is being naive. It's pretty tragic, once again. She thinks she's with this man who will share everything with her, but he never will. I do think that Lex wants Lana's love, and in his way does love her too, but I don't think he's capable of being the kind of man she's going to want to spend her life with. When his true colors flare, and we know they will - she will have a very rude, and likely dangerous, awakening.

This is why she's is being naive. But I think her intentions are good, she's going to give it a shot because she has no reason not to at this point.

*hugstony*

I feel sorry for anyone that actually knows a person as insipid and shallow as a real life Lana Lang.

I hope youre not implying that anyone is me. Did I ever say I personally knew someone like her??? Hmm, I dont think I did, no...nice try, though. If Lana was shallow she would have rejected Clark when he told her the truth in Reckoning. I'm not gonna continue arguing cuz I know many here just cant stand to see boyscout "I can do no wrong" Clark get bashed by a member of the opposite sex. If you looked at it from her point of view instead of his, you would understand. She's given him many chances, and the last time she did he threw it in her face. He had good reason, but from her perspective...he looks like a lying jerk. Anyway she's just a TV character. But for your information, most real ppl have shallow aspects of their personality. Real ppl get angry when they're lied to. Dont be naive....not everyone is as positive as Clark and Chloe.

they will elope in vegas- romantic :woot:

I agree with you to a point, but as much as Lana *thinks* she knows Lex, and that he's showing her all his sides, she really is still being duped. He's showing her enough, just enough.. to make her feel that he's giving her something that Clark has refused her - trust and honesty. So, in that sense, she is being naive. It's pretty tragic, once again. She thinks she's with this man who will share everything with her, but he never will. I do think that Lex wants Lana's love, and in his way does love her too, but I don't think he's capable of being the kind of man she's going to want to spend her life with. When his true colors flare, and we know they will - she will have a very rude, and likely dangerous, awakening.

This is why she's is being naive. But I think her intentions are good, she's going to give it a shot because she has no reason not to at this point.

About what I was going to write, though in different words. But I'd like to add that she has her own dark side that's flaring up more and more - in Hydro while talking to Chloe about Lex vs. Clark; when she threatened Lex's minion in the elevator. She is becoming Lex's willing accomplice in hating the "meteor freaks" yet is simultaneously his dupe because she doesn't realize how much deeper it goes and how much he knows that he's not telling her. She is still in denial about 33.1 but I wonder if next episode will blow that one wide open.

As for who Lex's best man might be - I doubt Clark would agree to even if Lex stooped to ask him at this point. The triangle would be awfully awkward at a wedding. Lionel, perhaps - he is Lex's dad, after all (and as for where he was this ep - he & Martha were shacked up somewhere, pretending it was because they were under the influence of something they couldn't resist <LOL>). Ollie - unlikely, now that he and Clark are getting close and because of the upcoming Justice ep. Not Aquaman, for sure. Not Pete! And Lana will be showing soon; definitely by any wedding that isn't soon. They can have a bun-in-the-oven wedding, or they could elope. I'm sure Lana has always dreamed of a big wedding, but who would be in her wedding party? Chloe & Lois? Would Mr. Small and her aunt give her away? As disappointing as a quickie (whoops!) might be for Lana, they just might opt for elopement.

Lex does not need a best man. If it is not his father there will be not a soul beside him. As it is, he doesn't trust anyone. If he had to have someone I would guess it would be a member of the company board that Lex had wrapped around his finger or a member of his security team.

"But Lex why Jim the security guard?"

"I have a lot of enemies Lana, he is there to protect us both."

Or something along that line.

Since Lana said yes to the proposal, there will most likely be a wedding, but who will be Lex's best man? Obviously Clark will not be(Unless Lex has another trick up his sleeve) and his status with Lionel has improved, but probably not up to best man standards for Lex, so who will be his best man?
a random vancouver extra

I think it would be perfectly within Lex's character to not have a best man at all.

I could see him not thinking anyone worthy to stand beside him on such an important day.

'Sides, he doesn't have a best friend that anyone has seen since Clark and him broke up... err... stopped being friends.

:D

Y'all are asking the wrong question. Who's gonna give Lana away? Heh! :p ;) :D

Since y'all are talking about it. From Ksite Rumorville.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lex & Lana Wedding: When Will It Be?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]POSTED 1-12-07[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lex and Lana are now engaged, and now the big question is "When will the wedding be?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While a lot of TV weddings wait for season finales, we're hearing rumblings that it may happen as early as the February-airing episode "Promise." (Click here for spoilers)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TV Guide's Mike Ausiello says a wedding is coming, but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone's getting married. We don't know what the final outcome of that one will be, but it's a safe bet that Lana's past feelings for Clark may get in the way...[/FONT]​

Since y'all are talking about it. From Ksite Rumorville.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lex & Lana Wedding: When Will It Be?[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]POSTED 1-12-07[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lex and Lana are now engaged, and now the big question is "When will the wedding be?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While a lot of TV weddings wait for season finales, we're hearing rumblings that it may happen as early as the February-airing episode "Promise." (Click here for spoilers)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TV Guide's Mike Ausiello says a wedding is coming, but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone's getting married. We don't know what the final outcome of that one will be, but it's a safe bet that Lana's past feelings for Clark may get in the way...[/FONT]​

That's great news.:hyper:

*On a side note did anyone else think that Lex played Lana perfectly with his little sob speech at the end of Hydro?:huh:

That's great news.:hyper:

*On a side note did anyone else think that Lex played Lana perfectly with his little sob speech at the end of Hydro?:huh:

Oh yea, Lex played her like a fiddle.:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"