• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Will Be The New MCU Trinity?

Fury was what brought the Avengers together in the first one. Cap was brought back into the fold for a mission once Loki was discovered. Tony was a contractor working for SHIELD. Banner was someone they were keeping an eye on, and Thor was well a fluke who showed up based on his connection to Loki.

I'm not sure in the next iteration who brings the initial team together. Assuming the compound isn't re-built after the events of EG. Who brings them together? OR Assuming Pepper or the Government re-builds it, who staffs it? Rhodes or Barton maybe? Is it Ross running the show? Bucky and Falcon are soldiers, Banner's smart Hulk is more research than tactical thinking, Pete is a teenager or twenty something college kid, Panther has his own country to worry about, Dr. S focuses on reality and his own wizarding issues maybe with Wanda, Scott & Hope don't seem the type to run it they seem research minded like Banner, and Captain Marvel is off in deep space as are the Guardians.

I'm sure the threat will lead to the story though.

I really can't see a new trinity in the MCU because it's all about teams this time. The X-men, F4, Avengers............I just don't see it. I think Blade will be pretty big as well. Plus there is like no chemistry at all with Strange, BP and CM. Have they even said a single word to each other on film? If there is going to be a trinity, we have not see them on film yet.
How are you going to say they have no chemistry when they haven’t even interacted with each other yet? Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor haven’t interacted with each other until the Avengers, four year after first Iron Man. Maybe there’s a reason that we have yet to see them together.

Fury was what brought the Avengers together in the first one. Cap was brought back into the fold for a mission once Loki was discovered. Tony was a contractor working for SHIELD. Banner was someone they were keeping an eye on, and Thor was well a fluke who showed up based on his connection to Loki.

I'm not sure in the next iteration who brings the initial team together. Assuming the compound isn't re-built after the events of EG. Who brings them together? OR Assuming Pepper or the Government re-builds it, who staffs it? Rhodes or Barton maybe? Is it Ross running the show? Bucky and Falcon are soldiers, Banner's smart Hulk is more research than tactical thinking, Pete is a teenager or twenty something college kid, Panther has his own country to worry about, Dr. S focuses on reality and his own wizarding issues maybe with Wanda, Scott & Hope don't seem the type to run it they seem research minded like Banner, and Captain Marvel is off in deep space as are the Guardians.

That's why god created writers. Right?

I did like the interaction between Thor and CM. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little bit. I don't foresee much face to face with the individuals we're discussing for awhile (other than maybe a cameo). Things need to build before that happens. When it does, we'll see.

That's why god created writers. Right?

I did like the interaction between Thor and CM. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a little bit. I don't foresee much face to face with the individuals we're discussing for awhile (other than maybe a cameo). Things need to build before that happens. When it does, we'll see.

Totally agree. With Widow we'll probably see them start seeding something, which will be furthered in Eternals. Fury being off-world may have even started that already. (Though I do think they haven't done that character any favors since TWS).

I could see the next one being an "Avengers movie" without the actual Avengers organization as we've formally seen it before. Disney having Doom, the 4, Galactus, Surfer, X-men, Corsair and the Star Jammers, etc. certainly opens the door even further. Hopefully they start small and build up again though. If they go straight to Galactus, to try and top End Game I think they'll be disappointed.

Honestly I'd like to see the next Avengers deal with Doom. I think in the fallout from AoU he starts building Latveria, comes out as a supporter of the accords, then End Game opens his eyes to "real power". You could see him in the next Dr. S chasing mystical objects, or in the F4 (if that ever moves forward) then in the next Avengers he tries to start a war. Which prompts the creation of the "New Avengers". Doom can't die at the end of the film though. He needs to be prosecuted and sentenced to only dwell in his country or embassies as he is a world leader. The whole time you're seeding Galactus. eventually by the end of this next "New Avengers" they need Doom as an ally to defeat Galactus, which does come at a price.

How are you going to say they have no chemistry when they haven’t even interacted with each other yet? Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor haven’t interacted with each other until the Avengers, four year after first Iron Man. Maybe there’s a reason that we have yet to see them together.
Probably because they were in two films together and haven't interacted yet. Plus Strange, BP and CM all kind of have the same serious personality where as Cap, Thor and IM could not be made more differently.

Probably because they were in two films together and haven't interacted yet. Plus Strange, BP and CM all kind of have the same serious personality where as Cap, Thor and IM could not be made more differently.

Captain Marvel is often fun-loving and goofy and Strange is a sarcastic smartass. They don't have the same serious personality at all.

Captain Marvel is often fun-loving and goofy and Strange is a sarcastic smartass. They don't have the same serious personality at all.

You are right but OVERALL they are serious in tone. They are not like Steve and Tony............night and day of each other at all.

I was going to mention this. They haven't (yet) quite done the Carol in the comics, but there's room to do this. Remember the bar scene where she's singing? Strange as the arrogant narcissist? Boseman as, well, uh....serious....

There's room here for some interesting interactions. The writers/directors will or won't figure it out.

I wouldn't listen to Doc. He's okay, but kind of a pain in the @$$. :ali:

Dr. Strange - eXtra dimensional
Black Panther - Earth based
Captain Marvel - eXtra terrestrial

I kinda love how they have their own playing field and it'd be nice to see all three forefront an Avengers movie together.

Dr. Strange - eXtra dimensional
Black Panther - Earth based
Captain Marvel - eXtra terrestrial

I kinda love how they have their own playing field and it'd be nice to see all three forefront an Avengers movie together.

We'll have to wait awhile, but I feel pretty sure that is coming. We're also going to get some monster team ups coming down the road. Marvel can really do some cool stuff with the new arsenal they got from Fox.

They aren't canceling Captain Marvel 2. Sorry not sorry. Its just not realistic.

And this thread is about the new trinity, not the real face of the Mcu.

I never said anything about them not doing Captain Marvel 2. I'm just saying that right now, Feige wants her to be the new primary face, but I just don't think she is going to have the appeal as maybe GOTG, Thor or Black Panther would.

I am also going to bank on that they will try and build her up that way when Rogue comes in and does her thing, it will be a real shock to the public.

And I still don't think she's going to be the main trinity. They will try, and might even use a familiar face to get her numbers up, but I'm thinking the big players that will keep the audience coming back will be Black Panther and Spider-Man, and if they renew contracts, probably the GOTG.

I never said anything about them not doing Captain Marvel 2. I'm just saying that right now, Feige wants her to be the new primary face, but I just don't think she is going to have the appeal as maybe GOTG, Thor or Black Panther would.

I am also going to bank on that they will try and build her up that way when Rogue comes in and does her thing, it will be a real shock to the public.

And I still don't think she's going to be the main trinity. They will try, and might even use a familiar face to get her numbers up, but I'm thinking the big players that will keep the audience coming back will be Black Panther and Spider-Man, and if they renew contracts, probably the GOTG.

Maybe not "the" primary face, but I certainly think she'll be one of them. Use a familiar face to get her numbers up? You mean above the 1.1B her first movie made? Her "numbers" are just fine (but likely to go down somewhat). In fact, her appeal seems to outstrip Thor's (one of my fav characters, BTW) if you are looking at BO numbers. Spider-Man will NEVER be put forward as a major face of the MCU unless Marvel has unlimited access to him. We've discussed the reasons for this earlier in the thread.

They may or may not do the Rogue storyline. It seems like they very well may, but it's not a given.

Last edited:
Carol Danvers is probably guaranteed for 2 more solo films and 2 more Avengers. She ain't going anywhere. She is the female boss of Mcu now, especially if Scarlett doesn't return after the 2020 movie. Kevin Feige will utilize her as much as he can.

And it would take years (possibly a decade from now) for another female character aside Carol to headline a solo movie. As there's zero talks about a new female character getting a solo film. While the Mutants are still maybe 3 to 4 years away from getting their own flick, so a Storm solo movie ain't happening very soon even if the mcu plan to give her a solo movie.

I don't think there will be a definitive trinity, but if there is, it will most certainly include Reed Richards.

May 1, 2020 is a decade away?

Good to know.

I don't think there will be a definitive trinity, but if there is, it will most certainly include Reed Richards.
I hope they get the casting (near) perfect with this one. I'm still rooting for either Brad Pitt or Bill Hader.

Now that every person in the planet has seen an Avengers film, or at the very least understands the concept, the team doesn't really need an organizer to bring together heroes and catch up those who didn't see the solo flicks. They could just go the "A bunch of heroes show up to thwart a threat and afterwards decide to stay in touch." route, which worked for both the JL and Avengers in their original comic book origins.

May 1, 2020 is a decade away?

Good to know.
Are you trying to be a smart a** or just trying to be plain annoying again. My post was clearly referring to post-2020 as Bw is already in post prod. I also mentioned Black Widow in that post so I was clearly not forgetting a certain 2020 movie.

Can't help yourself again? What are you trying to achieve with snarky posts like that? I don't come for you,for you to act like an a** at me again and again.

Last edited:
I hope they get the casting (near) perfect with this one. I'm still rooting for either Brad Pitt or Bill Hader.

Seriously doubt Pitt will be in MCU for a few reasons. One of which is that it could possibly get rather awkward down the road. I remember someone suggested Blake Lively as CM some years ago.

Hadn't thought of him, could be a good shout I still personally like John Krakinski.

Seriously doubt Pitt will be in MCU for a few reasons. One of which is that it could possibly get rather awkward down the road. I remember someone suggested Blake Lively as CM some years ago.
I actually thought of that (with Angelina being an Inhuman), but still being hopeful.​

I was poking around on the Defenders thread and it occurred to me that it might be really, really smart of Marvel to reconstitute the early Defenders, put Strange in there and leave The Avengers to BP and CM.

I was poking around on the Defenders thread and it occurred to me that it might be really, really smart of Marvel to reconstitute the early Defenders, put Strange in there and leave The Avengers to BP and CM.

1Di2.gif

Let's Talk About The Defenders... NO... THE REAL DEFENDERS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"