The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Who will kill Gwen?

Super Jim

Sidekick
Reaction score
I've been a little hardcore about the idea of Gwen dying in TASM2 ever since those set pics of her wearing the outfit she dies in in the comics and her filming on the bridge. All seems to match up, except one thing...

Seems like some can't see the Green Goblin coming out of the proverbial closet in TASM2, so since it just has to be the Green Goblin that kills Gwen, then she isn't dying in TASM2, right?

Well, in reading some other article which included speculation that it will not be the Green Goblin at all that kills Gwen, but will instead be the Rhino or Electro, although in TASM2 (hence the clothes and the brige), I thought I would start this thread.

First of all, how upset would you be if Gwen's death (fall) is not caused by the Green Goblin, but say was caused by Electro or Rhino?

Me, I will be livid!

Next, how upset will you be if Gwen's death is caused by an accident, meaning a stray bolt of lightning or an exploding truck or something causes her to lose her balance and fall?

How upset will you be if she just plummets to her death, or Peter misses her with his web, meaning she doesn't die in the iconic way (Peter saving her, but her neck snapping because of the speed at which her fall is stopped) she did in the comic?

How upset would you be if Gwen doesn't die at all in the films? Or if instead Webb spins it and makes someone else, like MJ, die in order to keep Emma's Gwen going (This one is not likely)?

What percentages would you give to the following option, and add some others if I missed one:

- Green Goblin causes her to die in TASM2
- Green Goblin causes her to die in TASM3
- Electro causes her to die in TASM2
- Rhino causes her to die in TASM2
- Some other character causes her to die in TASM3
- She will live through both TASM2 and TASM3
- Her death will be replaced with someone else, like MJ dying

The Goblin in TASM3 or TASM4...
Nothing really to it, no doubt about it.

It better be Green Goblin.

Anyone else and I'm throwing my shoe at the theatre screen whenever the death scene pops up.

You bring up some pretty good points. What if it's Goblin that kills her but not I the exact way as in the comics?

they are clearly building up to use green goblin at some point so it will most likely be the green goblin that kills her

its just a matter of will he have a small cameo at the end of TASM2 to kill her or set up a 3rd for him to kill her

Peter.

No matter how its executed, Peter has to be the one who ultimately kills her.

Peter will kill Gwen. That is the way it always has to be.

What if she doesn't die? What if she gets a bad spinal injury, and Pete takes her to the hospital, goes and KILLS the Goblin, and then Gwen survives, and Peter is never the same.

Peter.

No matter how its executed, Peter has to be the one who ultimately kills her.

then it doesn't have to be green goblin then, if all it matters is its peter that kills her

i actually think green goblin on the bridge is more important then a neck snap, but hey spidey killing his own gf is dark and shocking and thats all that people want

Last edited:
Likelihood:
24% - Green Goblin causes her to die in TASM2
47% - Green Goblin causes her to die in TASM3
22% - Electro causes her to die in TASM2
<1% - Rhino causes her to die in TASM2
4% - Some other character causes her to die in TASM3
1% - She will live through both TASM2 and TASM3
<1% - Her death will be replaced with someone else, like MJ dying

Desire:
2% - Green Goblin causes her to die in TASM2
94% - Green Goblin causes her to die in TASM3
1% - Electro causes her to die in TASM2
0% - Rhino causes her to die in TASM2
2% - Some other character causes her to die in TASM3
1% - She will live through both TASM2 and TASM3
0% - Her death will be replaced with someone else, like MJ dying

I think it will happen in the 3rd movie. and its going to be Green Goblin.

Peter and no one else. He can blame GG for accident and kidnapping her, but he is the one who ultimately kill her and that is his true ordeal of broken promise who he make with her dad.

Last edited:
I think you guys are a little confused. Yeah, technically, Peter's web kills Gwen, but the Goblin is the one who makes this possible by putting her in harms way in the first place by throwing her off the bridge with the intent to kill her.

The way you guys are answering makes it sound like Peter is purposely murdering her, when her death is actually a result of his attempt to save her. I suppose Peter killed Uncle Ben as well? (technically, due to his inaction, he did, right?)

And yes, I'm well aware of the argument concerning Pete's promise to Captain Stacy and him shirking his responsibility to be with her, etc...

Last edited:
I think most people just want peter to accidently kill her because its so dark and daring, shocking and not kid friendly

Overall goblin and the bridge should be more important, because its visual and thrilling, goblin being the joker of the spidey universe, while the guilt is already there with capt stacey promise being broken

So overall everyone is more excited about the idea of spider-man killing his gf and thats it really :whatever:

Last edited:
I don't believe she will be killed at all. Emma Stone is too big a starlet.

Who will kill Gwen.....the same person who killed Peter's parents. ;)

Both Marc Webb and Emma Stone have said that they want to do an adaptation of the "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" storyline.

Maybe he means he doesn't think "Emma Stone" will be killed. She's too big of a star and probably has the appropriate amount of security.

^ His meaning was clear; he doesn't think this franchise will do the storyline I mentioned because of Emma Stone's prestige as an actress, even though, as I pointed out, both Emma and Marc have said they want to do the storyline.

they will give gwen a slightly more dignified death i thnk

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"