The Dark Knight Who's a better writer Jonathan Nolan or David Goyer?

Mr. Vice said:
I can't wait to see that.
cool-smiley-010.gif

This movie will be next masterpiece, I am sure :cool: :up:

Yes, it will. You know Christopher Nolan said he would make a sequel only if it's an improvement over the original and YEAH!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR 2008...

Nolan (Momento, Insomnia and we all know how awesome the Prestige will be)

It's hard to say who's better cause Jonathan Nolan has one feature film screenplay to his credit. Goyer is far more experienced and is also a major comic book afficianado.He knows more about Batman than the Nolan bros.

not only does he know batman but he knows how to wreite a blockbuster

yeah, but chris nolan learned a lot from david s. goyer over two years and improved the batman begins screenplay. it's thanks to nolan that we have this great showdown.

This is not even a question.

Jonathan has still a lot to prove, but Goyer is the most overrated screenwriter working nowadays, and he doesn´t deserve 10% of that praise.....c´mon, my nephew writes better than him, and he is 5.

Hmm... the man partially responsible for Memento, and the Prestige? Or the man partially (or fully in the latter) responsible for the Crow 2, and Blade 3? Wow, I think this might be a close one.

In all seriousness, Goyer did an amazing job on Begins given his, in my opinion, limited talent, but Nolan is going to blow us away with his screenplay. Goyer is a good idea man, but his dialogue is, and always has been, atrocious.

goyer's dark city and batman begins scripts were very good. not so much dark city but at least with batman begins he showed us what he is able to pull off. the blade movies were mediocre-good but nothing special. haven't seen the crow 2 and will NOT ever watch it. i mean with a story by david s. goyer and chris nolan and a screenplay by jonathan nolan who wrote the memento short story and who wrote the prestige's screenplay (which i think is going to be very good) they can't do anything wrong with this sequel.

i had already knew that... that's why i was so hyped when they reported jonathan nolan would write the script.

David Goyer is a hack, for the most part. His work on BEGINS was the exception, not the rule, and was greatly improved by the writing chores that Christopher Nolan himself did.

Jonathan Nolan almost wins by default - he's not entirely proven, but I'm going to give him the victory.

In a lot of ways, Goyer is a total fuacking hack . . . . but he's a gottam foutain of knowledge, especially for this subject matter . . . . I'm definitely glad that they convinced him to stick around to help out, but when it comes to the actual substance, it's Nolan & Nolan ALL the way . . . . that's why this film is going to go down in cinematic, and batmatic fuakin history!!! I even smell some Oscar nods (maaaaaaaybe a win . . . how sick would that be!?!?!?!?!?)

it terms nof how to write a good superhero movie, and use his knowledge of the characters, i will give that to Goyer. Nolan though is probbaly much better writer when it comes to regular movies. They need Goyer around, because the nolans dun really get the characters like Goyer seems to.

I say Goyer cos I haven't seen J. Nolan's script.

El Payaso said:
Sure he is. Goyer's one-liners, 'wise' dialogues and repetitiveness were awful. But I must admit the BB structure was very good so I'm glad he's contributing with the plotlione but not the dialogues.
What he said.

I honestly like goyer better then jonathan, goyer's original Batman Begins script was wickedly cool I mean for those who read it you guys remember the scene where one of falcones men puts a chain around batman's leg then batman spin kicks him? That was awesome. Nolan had to messed some scenes up besides in goyer's script we see Bruce learning from different masters not just from ras al ghul. I hope jonathan research the material one thing I hate about Batman Begins is that they made Batman into a little ****e who got punked around and got his ass handed to him. Goyer should stay around and advise him otherwise the fans will get angry and world war 3 shall be bestowed on the Nolan Brothers.....

saint sinner x said:
...one thing I hate about Batman Begins is that they made Batman into a little ****e who got punked around and got his ass handed to him.
A little ****e? I don't know what you were watching...

WHAT!!?
Goyer is not going to be involved in this project!?
i know someone who is going to riot.
i can't say. there are two TOTALLY different backgrounds going into their styles.
i think they should stay together. if it aint broke...
i mean, there was the guy who did Memento teamed up with the guy who did Dark City!!!!
you can't beat that!

Apparently Goyer is someone what envolved heres what how I think it is:

Story - Goyer

Writer - J Nolan

Director - C Nolan

I think it will be more

Story - Goyer

Writer - J Nolan & C Nolan

Director - C Nolan

But to the orginal topic.. I think Jonathan Nolan is a better writer but, as everyone else has said, I'm pretty stoked Goyer scratched out an idea and a bit of a story for Nolan to draw from.

I agree. I think Goyer got really lucky in the biz. He's very good with mainstream action movies and he works well with other writers, case in point Batman Begins and Dark City.

His structure is tight and to the point. However, as a dialogue writer, he's average. That's where the Nolan Bros come in. Chris knows how to handle it. Jonathan seems to be talented, judging from Memento.

But Goyer IS the comic geek. He knows everything so it's good that he should stick around.

Why can't Goyer and Jonathan Nolan just do all the DC movies? Goyer makes the treatment and Jonathan Nolan makes the screenplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"