The Dark Knight Who's a better writer Jonathan Nolan or David Goyer?

Isildur´s Heir said:
I said was talking about the script, Batman Begins´s script is mediocre at best...

Is this your opinion or fact?

And why you think so?

BB script had very good storylines and ligical plan of the main villian.

I cant see there anything bad.

Cinemaman said:
Is this your opinion or fact?

And why you think so?

BB script had very good storylines and ligical plan of the main villian.

I cant see there anything bad.

if you say you cant see anything bad in goyers BB script,t hen you're f**king blind!

Motown Marvel said:
if you say you cant see anything bad in goyers BB script,t hen you're f**king blind!

I meant storylines, which were very good.

Of course, dialogue weren't so good, but BB made sense.

Cinemaman said:

A machine that vaporizes water, yet somehow is completely unharmful to humans :confused:.

CConn said:
While, as Macphisto said, we'll have to wait until The Prestige comes out to know for sure, I'm betting Jonathan is quite a bit better.

Goyer's a very...obvious kind of writer. Look at BB, everything is very discriptive and to the point - in the lines, in the plot, there's very little complexity or subtility.

If Memento Mori is any indication, I bet Jonathan Nolan will have that complexity. At least more of it. And while I have nothing against Goyer, Jonathan will probably be quite welcomed. For me, at least.

we don't have to wait for anything, i believe Nolan was the pennmen behind Memento

goyer does the story, Nolan writes the screen play, the combo can't be beat

Chris Nolan wrote Memento based on his brothers story. Not sure why Chris isn't writing The Dark Knight after the big improvements he made to BBs script. He'll probably polish it after the first drafts come in at least. I said years ago that I'd rather Goyer stuck to the treatment only and my wish has come true, couldnt be happier about this.

Boom said:
A machine that vaporizes water, yet somehow is completely unharmful to humans :confused:.
That's actually a lot more believable than microwaves passing through led pipes.

Yet no one ever brings that up. :confused:

CConn said:
That's actually a lot more believable than microwaves passing through led pipes.

**** physics :o.

Is it confirmed that Jonathan Nolan is writing the script? Someone direct me to a link please?

sasquatchs said:
Chris Nolan wrote Memento based on his brothers story. Not sure why Chris isn't writing The Dark Knight after the big improvements he made to BBs script. He'll probably polish it after the first drafts come in at least. I said years ago that I'd rather Goyer stuck to the treatment only and my wish has come true, couldnt be happier about this.

Chris Nolan as a very limited Knowledge of Batman, and my limited I mean the dark Batman comics from the mid to late 80s.

V said:
The Nolan brothers spent their childhood going between England and America so this must be how he's picked it up.

I always assumed he'd have an English accent like Chris, but being six years younger he must have spent more of his life in America?
http://www.thehoya.com/guide/031601/guide1.htm

It says there that Jonah consciously chose to pick up a New York accent when the Nolan family moved to America. He's a writer who focuses on human nature, so it's only natural that he observes everyone around him, including their accents. :)

Despite his college prankster days, he sounds like he's really serious about his work. The article has this quote regarding Memento:

In fact, he feels so strongly about the film’s right to ambiguity, that, at a question and answer session after the film’s first screening (in September at the Venice Film Festival), he yelled at his brother for clearing up an important plot point for a confused audience member.

"My brother, doofus that he is, went ahead and gave an answer, and I clocked him right afterwards and said 'you’re a f—ing bonehead.' He has this one interpretation of the way the film goes, but by doing that he’s misinterpreted the whole film. We all [Christopher, Jonah, Guy Pierce and the producers] had a nice long argument about it. There is no objective truth. It would totally betray the concept of the film."
A person with that kind of passion for a film's integrity is exactly who I'd want associated with TDK. :up:

CConn said:
That's just what Goyer said. :hyper:
I hate it so much, yet it irks me when people don't follow its laws. I'm so weird :csad:.

Cinemaman said:

even in the storyline theres plenty of bad. i mean, i really like the movie, its great....but theres a lot i could pick apart and harp on. and no, im not getting into all that....again. i've been through and over all that before on the original BB board, and im not starting those debates all over again.

Ugh, you're such a tease. Why talk about it if you're not going to show me the goods?! :mad:

Boom said:
I hate it so much, yet it irks me when people don't follow its laws. I'm so weird :csad:.
The laws you know of, that is. :o

CConn said:

what!? you mean you don't own your own rail gun?
you should get yours today! you can buy it on this thing called the "interweb"

E-Mack said:
Ugh, you're such a tease. Why talk about it if you're not going to show me the goods?! :mad:

because i was just stating my opinion, which this thread asked for. as for the rationale behind my opinion, it'd only spark debates that i've been trhough a hundred times before, and would be best for these boards if we didnt go through them a hundred times again.

besides, i state something negative and you question my rationale.....he states something positive and everyone just accepts it not caring about his rationale?

Actually, I was just kidding. It didn't really warrant a serious reply. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"