Who's mutant power will be useful during the final battle of x-men in x3?

B/c they weren't seen in the line-up.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
B/c they weren't seen in the line-up.

i guess...

who knows if they take part or not though. and what about the angel. he might be there as well.

Yeah, I think it's confirmed that Angel will be with the X-Men sometimes in the movie.

Much as I am loathe to say it, in this film, I think Storm's powers will play the biggest part.

I REALLY hope they don't have her 'freezing stuff'.

Or if she does, I hope Iceman just shrugs and walks away... knowing he's no longer needed :p

Halcohol said:
I REALLY hope they don't have her 'freezing stuff'.

Or if she does, I hope Iceman just shrugs and walks away... knowing he's no longer needed :p
Well, Iceman will always be able to out-freeze her.

Avalanche said:
Well, Iceman will always be able to out-freeze her.
Oh, I know... it just bugs me when she does. The whole thing in X2 in Dark Cerebro, I mean it made sense at the time, but it just bugs me when characters' powers overlap like that.

But I'm biased, so :p

Only thing if Pheonix were to fight what the hell could any of the x-men do?

Ahura Mazda said:

I think the X-men might be reluctant to take on Jean so they might try to use psycological tactics, like playing on her emotions to get her to calm down rather than take her on! Fighting her would be the absolute last resolution!

vanillacyke said:
Iceman, Iceman, Iceman, Iceman, Iceman, and Iceman. He's an Omega mutant of course its him!

And so what? Storms more powerful than him and we don't even know if she's omega!

monsterparty said:
I think Storm is considerably overrepresented here. She has command of the elements, but she is otherwise physically frail. I've always considered her to be a lesser version of Thor. I am fairly certain that Magneto's polarized shields are for the most part immune to lightning, for that matter.

Ironically enough, the greatest threats to Magneto are likely to be the youngest X-Men: Rogue, Iceman, or Kitty.

But their are other ways she can effect him.

thats not necesserily true lets not forget bobby never knew the full extent of his power till emma frost took over his body and i don't think he still knows the full extent. but i will admit storm is pretty powerful so its a whoever know what they are doing best situation.

X-Maniac said:
Magneto can absorb lightning or deflect it. Electricity merely boosts his magnetism, as it does in realworld science. He's sent Storm's lightning flying back at her, and absorbed lightning to recharg himself. Movie Magneto won't be that awesomely powerful, but could probably shield himself from lightning.

Your acting as if lightning are her only choices!

lol you posted before me and i still can't edit for some strange reason anyways what i was gonna say is yea she also does have other attack strategies.

jmao said:
i dont even know who javon is... i wish you would tell me why im wrong or whatever... cause i dont think im wrong...
im just basing my logic on the movies... ive read many of the comics.. and im not that interested in researching x men characters...

I'm Javon and i'm not even gonna get into it with him, i actually thought he had changed. But any way.

Ahura Mazda said:

You shjould have said ''What will everyone besides storm do?''. If they were to stop treating storm like the girl who passes out all the time, she would go all out on phoenix!

Magnetism is cancelled out by extreme heat - Storm could surround Magneto with a superheated wind or vortex...

Also, his magnetism is generated (in the comics at least) by the electricity of his superpowered nervous system (all nervous systems run on electrical charges) and by a massive amount of iron in his body...When electrons are all aligned, you get magnetism...

If Storm could somehow disrupt the electron alignment, even if just for a short while, she could stop him creating magnetism...

And Kitty's phasing has the side effect of disrupting anything electrical/electronic/electromagnetic, so she could cancel his magnetism temporarily (she phased through him in the comics once and caused him extreme pain).

javon said:
You shjould have said ''What will everyone besides storm do?''. If they were to stop treating storm like the girl who passes out all the time, she would go all out on phoenix!

and do what before she gets knocked out by Jeans Telepathy? :D

gambitfire said:
and do what before she gets knocked out by Jeans Telepathy? :D

Storm's mutation creates something of a shielding around her brain, giving her an edge on telepaths. She's resisted telepathic attacks from Emma Frost and even Charles Xavier--both world class telepaths. And of course Charles outranks Jean's abilities in that area so there's no guarantee the Jean could take her down on psionic control alone. Teke, on the other hand, is another matter.

But we don't have to worry about this: Both movie Jean and movie Storm are watered down versions of their comic inspirations. In the movie universe I think Storm could even wipe Jean out, but we'll see what X3 holds.

maybe she could wipe jean but we'r dealing with phoenix here :-D

javon said:
I'm Javon and i'm not even gonna get into it with him, i actually thought he had changed. But any way.

Sorry dude i like you and i did change. Its just he reminded me of you before our little intervention :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"