Daredevil Why a TV series for Daredevil?

Yeah because I don't follow AoS

Not only is Civil War happening,it is happening within 2 years and it is getting shoehorned into a Captain America film
Marvel has wasted a great opportunity of widening their universe by the same old Tony Stark Vs Steve Rogers when they could have added and involved a whole new rooster of superheroes

I really wanted that new rooster of superheroes
d96asq0VLqsR6vI3m4tyxFiEYJ__GN441e-_9X06xagORrb-hbasl3_EVEaWZ9t6dxTPDp9mkFY050SJv1Y7ViQJb7QlxMq0WkSZ4jVlnZ9lI8R57a6OHEh3lqDVkKIAveNNooxv-lj_XC0ouv_WqP4fFZem10BaEkeyLKQJPSwDagI5PsUU3gcSQPU6p4XY0v2Px8WXBto9o6zDRtNoZI9TZmz2680dzGlxkhddMtAf1f_jduPNjdx94A6iRwAc38ZLwV0f=w344-h497-nc

Because he's a popular character who doesn't need a film budget to do well.

Yeah because I don't follow AoS

Not only is Civil War happening,it is happening within 2 years and it is getting shoehorned into a Captain America film
Marvel has wasted a great opportunity of widening their universe by the same old Tony Stark Vs Steve Rogers when they could have added and involved a whole new rooster of superheroes

You're complaining about not having new superheroes but also complaining about the show that is introducing characters like Mockingbird. That doesn't sound realistic.

I rather a focused story rather than a dozen heroes being shoved into Cap 3 with little back story, already we get introduced to BP.

People forget that this will be very different from the comics.

Exactly! I thought Civil War was poorly executed in the comics. They made it about everything and everybody in the Marvel Universe and were forced to fit everything and everybody in the Marvel Universe into one of two defined boxes. It was too messy, too unnecessarily sprawling and too simplistic in its characterizations.

The concept at the core of Civil War, however, is a great one, and goes towards the ideological divide between the two de facto leaders of the Avengers... Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. This is exactly what I think we'll be getting from the movie.

Getting back to Spiderdevil's complaints about Daredevil on Netflix, they seem to boil down to two points, both of which are basically invalid:

1. I don't want my superheroes on TV.
2. Civil War should include Daredevil.

For all the haters who are upset that DD is on Netflix, I have one questions: Have you seen House of Cards or Orange is the new Black? Both of these shows are excellent and are easily just as good as any motion picture. The writing is top notch, and the same can be said for several other Netflix shows.

Seriously, I'm so pumped about DD on Netflix. My internal debate is to binge and watch 13 hours in a row or take is slow and do over a week or two. So much better than just going out to a movie (and paying $10-$15 per viewing) and it being over in 2 hours.

I'm excited for this show, but I don't have money for Netflix. :(

Then get a free month's subscription the month it airs and watch it then. You'll need to put a credit card on it, but you can cancel before it's charged.

Although do you watch Marvel movies in the theater? It's cheaper than a movie.

Then get a free month's subscription the month it airs and watch it then. You'll need to put a credit card on it, but you can cancel before it's charged.

Although do you watch Marvel movies in the theater? It's cheaper than a movie.

Can't get credit.

$9 bucks a month bro.
If you smoke, drink booze or even soda just cut any three of these out for a day out of the month and you'll have the money it takes.

Can't get credit.

OK, well that's a different issue than not being able to afford it (which is why I brought up the movie). Someone suggested a prepaid card. I haven't looked into it, but that could be a possibility.

Can't get credit.

Luckily, don't need a credit card for Netflix. If you live near a Walgreens, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, or CVS they usually have a rack somewhere where you can buy a Netflix, Amazon, Itunes, Google Play, and etc... gift cards. That would be your best option.

Or just make a one time payment for the physical copy a few months after it is first released on Netflix.

I rather a focused story rather than a dozen heroes being shoved into Cap 3 with little back story, already we get introduced to BP.

People forget that this will be very different from the comics.

Its not about shoving as many heroes as possible,its about having a good contrast between the Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg guys.And what could be better than having the universally loved Avengers against the darker street heroes who hide behind masks and takes laws in their own hands?

I mean we have already seen Tony and Steve clash in TA and later in AoU,so now they will tell us that despite fighting side by side for two movies and seemingly settling down their differences,they will forget that and go all out against each other? Sounds extremely forced,especially since both Tony Stark and Steve Rogers have been shown not to trust government agencies anymore

You have no idea what the conflict in Civil War will be about, or what's going to happen in Age of Ultron. So don't call it 'forced' until you do know.

Can we please lock this thread? Because I'm getting a little tired of spiderdevil bumping it every week just so he can whine about problems that he imagines in his brain.

You cut off the part where he said your complaints are invalid. I'll assume that was an accident and you were agreeing with it when you said "exactly"?

As a side note, just what was Daredevil's role in Civil War?

Since I HATED CW in the comics (the ONLY reasons why I'm even mildly interested in that film is because the Russo's did a great job with TWS. But yeah, Cap 3 has gone from my most anticipated Phase Three film to my least simply because it's adapting that story). So I'd prefer that DD stay out of it. He and the other Netflix heroes can show up to help battle Thanos in Infinity War. That'd work much better.

Since I HATED CW in the comics (the ONLY reasons why I'm even mildly interested in that film is because the Russo's did a great job with TWS. But yeah, Cap 3 has gone from my most anticipated Phase Three film to my least simply because it's adapting that story). So I'd prefer that DD stay out of it. He and the other Netflix heroes can show up to help battle Thanos in Infinity War. That'd work much better.

I didn't like CW either, the story has a good concept, but it featured too many characters acting out-of-character and the story just turned into an excuse for superheroes to fight each other. I wouldn't worry too much about Cap 3 though, because the producers have said that they will adapt aspects of the story line to fit the MCU, not try to translate it exactly. I'd expect Cap 3 to bear only minor similarities to the comic CW, same way the Cap:TWS was very different from the comic storyline.

You have no idea what the conflict in Civil War will be about, or what's going to happen in Age of Ultron. So don't call it 'forced' until you do know.

We already know from Marvel's press conference that its gonna be Cap Vs Iron Man

Tony Stark is supposed to be cocky but Steve Roger's behavior in TA was for me was childish,on multiple occasions he kept challenging Stark ignoring the crisis at hand.I don't want a similar 'conflict' to go on again and again

Can we please lock this thread? Because I'm getting a little tired of spiderdevil bumping it every week just so he can whine about problems that he imagines in his brain.

Isn't that the purpose of the thread?

You cut off the part where he said your complaints are invalid. I'll assume that was an accident and you were agreeing with it when you said "exactly"?

As a side note, just what was Daredevil's role in Civil War?

I was not talking about Daredevil role specifically but the street heroes in general could be used as a contrast to The Avengers (Spider-man,Daredevil,Punisher,Luke Cage).They even had Dwayne Johnson lobbying for the role of Luke Cage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"