Why CGI?

There is definitely a problem with the hands modeling. But if it was just the hands I could live with that. I Just don't think that CGI is complet in terms of human character.
I see your point.

I also think that there is a problem with spider man animation. The scene where peter is trying his skills by jumping from roof to an other is too cartoonish. Even some of the spider-man moves where too cgi. Now I know that spider-man is spider-man and there s many thing a man can't do but I would like that in S4 They use more incredible stunt man to do some special moves. There's a difference between Tony JAA making a move and a unrealistic cg character doing the same. I Think Tony should do spider-man :grin:!

I guess i'm one of the few that isn't bothered by CGI that is obviously CGI. :)

I guess i'm one of the few that isn't bothered by CGI that is obviously CGI. :)

It all depends what its to be done with cgi. If it s monsters & robots like Jurassic park or transformers that s find with me but Humans? Not sure.

I'm sure Letterier said way back that some of ITH would use a man with prostitics. Did I imagine him saying this?

I'm sure Letterier said way back that some of ITH would use a man with prostitics. Did I imagine him saying this?
No you didn't imagine it.
He said it, he also said he would use a combination of things camera effects,makeup,protetics and camera special effects and touched up with CGI.Basically he said with all that could be done why just be limited to one avenue.So yes he said it.
He also said he wanted to mix it up so that it would keep the people guessing.
That's where in part my question came in.
Why CGI?

Actually all LL said was that he was going to use a combination of CGI and animatronics, basically meaning the full shots of hulk would be cgi but like a hand moving, foot stomping could be done with animatronics. The hand breaking out of the ground in the first trailer was animatronic.

Now as for a human hulk, using prospetics and camera manipulation yes you likely could get the look of the hulk but that isn't the only thing to consider. Look at the new hulk, every moment has a reaction, one part of his body moves, another part will have a reaction to that. When he flexes, you can see all the muscles tensing up, the same with the land from the jump out of the tunnel, all his muscles react to the impact. This isn't something you can achieve with a guy in a suit, even with animatronics, they wouldn't have the same effect.

Actually all LL said was that he was going to use a combination of CGI and animatronics, basically meaning the full shots of hulk would be cgi but like a hand moving, foot stomping could be done with animatronics. The hand breaking out of the ground in the first trailer was animatronic.

Now as for a human hulk, using prospetics and camera manipulation yes you likely could get the look of the hulk but that isn't the only thing to consider. Look at the new hulk, every moment has a reaction, one part of his body moves, another part will have a reaction to that. When he flexes, you can see all the muscles tensing up, the same with the land from the jump out of the tunnel, all his muscles react to the impact. This isn't something you can achieve with a guy in a suit, even with animatronics, they wouldn't have the same effect.
All that LL said ...It's the same thing to me.
So why not do all this and over lay it with CGI for muscle movement like you said.CGI can add and take away.Remember Prof.X and Magneto in
X-men 3 they took away the Wrinkles made them look younger.This would be the reverse.They can add tension over what exist with whats called an overlay.Do everything else first make-up, prostetics, animitronics, special effects ,and tie it all in with a CGI overlay.
I'm not saying why CGI? I'm saying why just CGI?
You know why ? Because it was cheaper period!!!!

Look at this.He looks like foam.Does he look solid to you?He looks squishy or rubbery.
hulk2008.jpg
He looks really veiny and rough skinned like some guy on roids.
gunter11%5B1%5D.jpg

118-1876Markus_RUHL_IMGmod.jpg

sorry for the speedo pics.

All that LL said ...It's the same thing to me.
So why not do all this and over lay it with CGI for muscle movement like you said.CGI can add and take away.Remember Prof.X and Magneto in
X-men 3 they took away the Wrinkles made them look younger.This would be the reverse.They can add tension over what exist with whats called an overlay.Do everything else first make-up, prostetics, animitronics, special effects ,and tie it all in with a CGI overlay.
I'm not saying why CGI? I'm saying why just CGI?
You know why ? Because it was cheaper period!!!!

Cheaper yes and likely easier, good way to go when making an action filled movie but also it isn't just CGI as I pointed out.

All I can say, is that Hulk's new look has a far better and more realistic aesthetic. He retains the classic triangular shape that looks good on muscular men as opposed to the ridiculous proportions of a rounded body. That is why to most people, body builders look bizzare. Human perspective on beauty has scientifically been deduced to correlate to the amount of symmetry. And yes the elastic pants sound stupid. Hulk never wore elastic pants in the comics. He merely grew into his already loose jeans, and proceeded to tear them and fill them out.

The idea behind that, is that when you give him elastic pants, its like saying he's some 20 foot giant who weighs 5 tons. When he still wears jeans, it's like saying "yes he is huge, but in a believable sense." And as for his hands...no they do not look twisted. It's just the shadow on his forearms, creating the illusion. Also, the human wrist can turn 180 degrees, without pivoting your shoulder. So even if he has his arms twisted (a pointless pose), it isn't entirely impossible. But I must digress at this point, because I do not see an agreement coming to fruition from this conversation.

You can say what you want but those hands look ******ed.
And he does not look like those bodybuilders those guys are defined and they have depth.
He looks flat and like foam.Guys don't get me wrong I'm a big Hulk fan but I won't make excuses.Believe me I'm going to see it too.Just because I'm a fan.Even though I feel the way I do.It's because I am such a fan that I want them to do justice to the Hulk he deserves better and he deserves every avenue that they can bring.Not just some quick fix cheapest way to get their monies worth.Or believe me even if this movie is a big hit it will blow over fast.
I don't want that.

This doesn't look more Anotomically correct to you?
95.jpg

Strengthens my opinion that the worst cg shots of the new hulk we've seen so far are still better than the worst shots of the last movie.

They took a lot of their time. Hulk does not look like he is made of foam. Perhaps a bit too glossy, but that just seems to be a problem with any computer rendered human image (just look at Polar Express or Final Fantasy The Spirits Within). This new Hulk model has greater muscular definition, better anatomical structure and an over all more appealing aesthetic. You are entitled to disagree, but I believe that most of the people here will agree that this new Hulk looks far superior in just about every way. And unless they start genetically engineering 10 foot tall, 800 pounds humans, we will just have to accept the capability of current CGI technology.

Strengthens my opinion that the worst cg shots of the new hulk we've seen so far are still better than the worst shots of the last movie.
So what your saying is this looks more real to you?
04.jpg

Okay.... I hope you prove me wrong.
To me he looks like one of the Muppets.

They took a lot of their time. Hulk does not look like he is made of foam. Perhaps a bit too glossy, but that just seems to be a problem with any computer rendered human image (just look at Polar Express or Final Fantasy The Spirits Within). This new Hulk model has greater muscular definition, better anatomical structure and an over all more appealing aesthetic. You are entitled to disagree, but I believe that most of the people here will agree that this new Hulk looks far superior in just about every way. And unless they start genetically engineering 10 foot tall, 800 pounds humans, we will just have to accept the capability of current CGI technology.
The fact that most people on this thread agree doesn't mean anything.
It could just mean that I'm the only one who's willing to tell the truth.
BUT... Since I respect how you guys feel I'll just leave it alone.
Again I hope you guys prove me wrong we will wait until the movie comes out.

Not necessarily. There is an other way to do Hulk. You use a perspective camera effect like in Harry potter 's big tall guy ( forgot his name) and some other effect like 300 and you got something realistic.

HagridKnockturn.jpg

300_monster.poster03.jpg

Not necessarily. There is an other way to do Hulk. You use a perspective camera effect like in Harry potter 's big tall guy ( forgot his name) and some other effect like 300 and you got something realistic.

HagridKnockturn.jpg

300_monster.poster03.jpg
I'm tryin' to say!!!

118-1876Markus_RUHL_IMGmod.jpg

What about this GUY???.He looks bigger than the Hulk.

So what your saying is this looks more real to you?
04.jpg

Okay.... I hope you prove me wrong.
To me he looks like one of the Muppets.

Yes actually that does look real imo.

Personally I think you should with hold judgement until it hits theaters...everyone in here will watch the HULK, love it, and move on.

Personally I think you should with hold judgement until it hits theaters...everyone in here will watch the HULK, love it, and move on.
Personally I think you should withhold judgement on those who pass judgement until the movie comes he movie comes out.

They put those clips and those pictures out there.If they don't want us to pass judgement then they shouldn't put them out there UNTIL the movie comes out.

That's what these threads are about.We come here to voice our opinions and bounce them of off each other.
Don't get me wrong I understand what your saying.Regardless of what is said here we will still go and see it.I just hope by the time it comes out it looks better than what I see now.The Hulk is my one of my favorites>I just want them to do him justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"